Owners thread Sony Hw55ES - Page 28 - AVS Forum
First ... 26  27  28 29  30  ... Last
Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP > Owners thread Sony Hw55ES
tmavs's Avatar tmavs 04:58 AM 03-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmavs View Post

This may sound like a strange question but is there a break-in procedure for a projector? Do I need to run the lamp on the "high" setting for a certain time period?

Anyone?

abarratt's Avatar abarratt 05:49 AM 03-25-2014

No, apart from the cooling fans, these things are solid state, and require no burn-in period.  In fact, the longer you use the projector, the weaker the lamp (although, the Sony's lamp is of very long life).

Jon Middleton's Avatar Jon Middleton 10:16 AM 03-25-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

Those PS3 glasses are pretty heavy and uncomfortable for me. I like the Epson glasses on my 5010 much better than the Sony ones. The Samsung RF ones are about half the weight of those even.

The glasses included with the 55 weigh 60 grams, the PS3s are 46 grams. What do the others weigh?
abarratt's Avatar abarratt 10:25 AM 03-25-2014

Optoma 39 Grams - you hardly know they're there.

wnielsenbb's Avatar wnielsenbb 11:51 AM 03-25-2014
The Samsung SSG-5100 RF glasses are 21.5 grams. http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/tv-video/tv/tv-accessories/SSG-5100GB/ZA-spec?subsubtype=3d-glasses. Crazy light, and I see them online for 20 bucks.
mbroder's Avatar mbroder 07:38 PM 03-25-2014

Mine did not come with the cable. I don't believe the US version comes with it. I don't know why.
wildbluesea's Avatar wildbluesea 12:20 AM 03-26-2014

Yes, when I purchased the 55ES a few weeks ago it came with the cable to connect the RF transmitter to the proj.  Apparently, the European and Australian versions come with one, but not the US version.

abarratt's Avatar abarratt 02:50 AM 03-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroder View Post

Mine did not come with the cable. I don't believe the US version comes with it. I don't know why.

What a bizarre omission for our stateside chums. :eek:

kanerator's Avatar kanerator 02:54 AM 03-26-2014

Glad to hear they include the cable, wildbluesea.  'Bout time we got something since  manufacturers screw us on the spare bulbs and ceiling mounts they get in the US with their projectors.

grendelrt's Avatar grendelrt 07:35 AM 03-26-2014
Does anyone have a part# for the cable or know of a 3rd party version for those of us in the US smile.gif
abarratt's Avatar abarratt 07:42 AM 03-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post

Does anyone have a part# for the cable or know of a 3rd party version for those of us in the US smile.gif

My manual refers to it as a "LAN(M)-MD03(J) Sony"

Make of that what you will.

grendelrt's Avatar grendelrt 08:37 AM 03-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by abarratt View Post

My manual refers to it as a "LAN(M)-MD03(J) Sony"

Make of that what you will.

Thanks maybe we can find what kind of cable it is based on that.
abarratt's Avatar abarratt 08:47 AM 03-26-2014

I did a cursory google, and couldn't find anything, but I'm guessing you'll do something more in-depth.

grendelrt's Avatar grendelrt 08:49 AM 03-26-2014
Not really I tried googling and mainly got manuals as a result, does anyone have a picture of the cable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
WestCDA's Avatar WestCDA 10:13 AM 03-26-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post

Not really I tried googling and mainly got manuals as a result, does anyone have a picture of the cable?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
If I understand the translation correctly, this is the Sony emitter:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heimkinoraum.de%2Fzubehoer%2Fzubehoer-fuer-projektoren%2F3d-emitter-fuer-beamer%2Fsony-emitter-ad025-rf-x1-343

... and the third picture down on the page shows the short jumper cable (RJ45 to PS2/DIN?) and the emitter. Click to enlarge.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heimkinoraum.de%2Fnews%2Fsony-hw-55-es-heimkinoraum-test-neues-funk-3d-brillen-und-3d-sender-system-542%2Fprint

There's a few of the emitters listed for sale in the EU - they're not cheap. I looked in the UK manual, and didn't see a pinout for the jumper cable. If someone with one in the EU or AUS were to check it with a meter and list the pinout for it, it looks like it would be pretty simple to make one.
abarratt's Avatar abarratt 10:57 AM 03-26-2014

Yes, that looks like the lead required. I found a link to a picture the non-ethernet end...

http://f8.ifotki.info/org/4b22c02de0c62ac3fe5535c8e4bf6fbf4de88f88055176.png

It's essentially a Vesa 3D din connection. (ignore the jack end)

AV Science Sales 5's Avatar AV Science Sales 5 10:59 AM 03-26-2014
Looks like a large shipment is coming into Tech Data (Sony distribution) in the next week. Should be able to take care of all back orders once we receive. smile.gif
walshcm's Avatar walshcm 09:16 PM 03-26-2014
I have yet to decide on a screen for my HW55ES, but I did mount it from the ceiling around 15ft back and now the 3D glasses will not work. Does the IR not bounce off a wall the same as it would a screen? Or is there something in the settings I need to change?
Bboy_jonno's Avatar Bboy_jonno 10:17 PM 03-26-2014
Hey guys,

Pretty new to these forums, been a long time lurker. Finally got my first home theater all set up yesterday. It has been 2 years in the works and I am super excited for it to finally be here. I would like to thank you all for the valuable information and knowledge I gathered from the Sony HW threads. In the end, I ended up with this projector and can't wait to start using it.
wildbluesea's Avatar wildbluesea 02:55 AM 03-27-2014

Hey, Walshcm, I have my 55es about 4.5m from the screen, or should I say wall, as I don't use a screen.  I have one, but found the slightly off white wall gave just as good a picture, but allowed me to make it any size I like. I compared it to the screen and could not see any difference in picture quality.  The IR bounces off the wall just fine!

abarratt's Avatar abarratt 03:14 AM 03-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboy_jonno View Post

Hey guys,

Pretty new to these forums, been a long time lurker. Finally got my first home theater all set up yesterday. It has been 2 years in the works and I am super excited for it to finally be here. I would like to thank you all for the valuable information and knowledge I gathered from the Sony HW threads. In the end, I ended up with this projector and can't wait to start using it.

You've got the HW55ES as your first projector? You're going to be very impressed, I can tell you. :)

BartClassic's Avatar BartClassic 01:05 PM 03-27-2014

The HW55ES is my first projector as well. I set it up temporarily on a pile of stuff in the basement and then projected it onto a newly built wall covered with a coat of primer. It looked amazing, even without all of the lights off. I can't wait to properly mount it in the ceiling, paint the walls dark, and install a fixed screen. I am very happy with my purchase so far.

Bart 

Bboy_jonno's Avatar Bboy_jonno 07:23 PM 03-27-2014
Yeah I am sure I will love it. Amazing reviews plus it is a great projector for gaming, lag wise, which I am planing on doing about 50/50 with movies. I always wanted my own theater, now that it is here, it is a bit surreal
Thundersnow's Avatar Thundersnow 08:15 PM 03-27-2014

I just got a demo of the HW55ES this past weekend and decided it's the one for me. I'm just having a hard time parting with so much money for a projector, but I don't think anything else will make me as happy as the Sony. The biggest selling point to me was how quite it was as I'm going to have it mounted directly above our heads.

Bboy_jonno's Avatar Bboy_jonno 07:37 PM 03-28-2014
Hey guys. For gaming, to reduce lag as much as possible. What would you recommend. I have bypassed my amp with hdmi and have optical from ps3 to the amp. In game mode obviously. Should I disable reality creation? Motion enhancer? Anything else?
Thanks in advance
Ramshackle's Avatar Ramshackle 06:02 AM 03-29-2014
Sorry this has probably already been answered but a quick search didn't turn anything up - I just got my HW55ES yesterday and it's great -- however, I don't find any warranty card information nor bulb voucher. Is this an outdated thing? Do I need to register online? I can't seem to find anything in the box anywhere.
mbroder's Avatar mbroder 09:05 AM 03-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshackle View Post

Sorry this has probably already been answered but a quick search didn't turn anything up - I just got my HW55ES yesterday and it's great -- however, I don't find any warranty card information nor bulb voucher. Is this an outdated thing? Do I need to register online? I can't seem to find anything in the box anywhere.

If you are in the US it should be there. Did you get yours new, from an authorized dealer? If so, I'd give them a call or call Sony.
Ediddy's Avatar Ediddy 04:29 PM 03-29-2014
I've been watching a lot of basketball and movies over the last couple of weeks and I absolutely love this projector. One of the best HT purchases I've ever made.
wildbluesea's Avatar wildbluesea 08:10 PM 03-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramshackle View Post

My bulb voucher was in the box, but it did have a short use by date on it, so you can't wait until the old one dies before using it, so I'll probably give it a miss and just pay full price when the time comes.  In Australia, you don't have to register a product, (in fact I couldn't as the 55ES is not listed on the Sony Aust. site!) but  the original receipt is all you need if the unit needs repair, but the US is probably different.

Brian Hampton's Avatar Brian Hampton 02:48 AM 03-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by abarratt View Post

What a bizarre omission for our stateside chums. eek.gif

Is there any chance you could investigate the pin connections on that cable? ... I'm trying to make a cable so I can use my Optoma RF adapter with a HW30ES I just bought.

The adapter cable you show looks like just a passive cable that re-assigns pins and there are only 3 Pins...

With a multi meter you could see which 3 pins on the DIN side go to what pins on the ethernet jack side.
Tags: Sony , Sony Vpl Hw55es 3d Projector
First ... 26  27  28 29  30  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop