AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by slateef View Post
Hello all,

Can anyone please direct me to the projectorreviews.com settings for this projector? I've done a search, but wasn't successful.

Are these settings a pretty good start?

Thanks.
http://www.projectorreviews.com/sony...ter-projector/

The settings here worked great for me.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding cause she knows where I sleep."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1368 Old 09-11-2014, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Jive, I still don't see the settings...excuse my ignorance.

Is it the screenshots of each menu? Or somewhere else?

I dream of a better tomorrow... where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.
post #1353 of 1368 Old 09-12-2014, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Does going with the max zoom have a negative impact on image quality? I'm trying to avoid relocating a ceiling fan but that means maxing the zoom @ 1.52X to get the 110" image size I want. Does the zoom factor have any impact on how much image shift I can use?
post #1354 of 1368 Old 09-12-2014, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slateef View Post
Jive, I still don't see the settings...excuse my ignorance.

Is it the screenshots of each menu? Or somewhere else?
I'm having trouble posting on AVS. If this goes through, I'll edit with a link.

http://www.projectorreviews.com/sony...ibration-page/

Use the Gain and Bias settings, and put in User the "User" settings. Leave the RCP off.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding cause she knows where I sleep."

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 09-12-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: add a link
post #1355 of 1368 Old 09-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
Are there any updates of when Xpand will be releasing the RF emitter bundled with the cable needed for US folks? I have only seen "Fall" while searching.
Good question. I just received this projector today from AV Science. My forth projector from them.

I am dying to buy the Xpand RF 3D system, but like others, I am waiting for the Sony specific cable.

If anyone from Expand is monitoring this thread, please update us on availability.

Bob Sliwa
"Like a Midget at a Urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes...."

Front Projection Home Theater since 1979.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dallas777; 09-12-2014 at 07:04 PM.
post #1356 of 1368 Old 09-15-2014, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well decided after cedia to go ahead and order a 55es from craig @avs , here's hoping it lives up to the hype! Replacing my pro8100 which has been fantastic, but doesn't do 3D and is approaching lamp death =)
post #1357 of 1368 Old 09-15-2014, 02:32 PM

Liked: 10
From a quick google search, two sites have this projector for ~$2700 (abes of Maine and NJAccessory). In order for Sony to honor their own warranty, you have to purchase the unit from Sony or a sony authorized dealer? I feel like this projector is a steal for $1300 off. I was planning on getting the AE-8000u because of lens memory, but I feel like it wouldn't be too big of a hassle to manually zoom into a 2.35:1 image, every now and then.

I haven't read through all 46 pages, but does anyone have this projector projecting onto a 2.35 screen @ 120" wide (not diagonal)?
My theater room will be 13'8" so I feel like a 10' wide screen would be perfect in it. If any of you do, could you please comment on the brightness? I will have a completely blackened room, black walls, ceiling, carpet, and sofas with red accent colors.

I really like the fact that you can adjust each LCD panel if convergence issues ever arise, to me that sounds like this projector would last a good 5-10 years, with normal lamp changes.

I look forward to hearing from you guys!
post #1358 of 1368 Old 09-15-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODzillaaa View Post
From a quick google search, two sites have this projector for ~$2700 (abes of Maine and NJAccessory). In order for Sony to honor their own warranty, you have to purchase the unit from Sony or a sony authorized dealer? I feel like this projector is a steal for $1300 off. I was planning on getting the AE-8000u because of lens memory, but I feel like it wouldn't be too big of a hassle to manually zoom into a 2.35:1 image, every now and then.

I haven't read through all 46 pages, but does anyone have this projector projecting onto a 2.35 screen @ 120" wide (not diagonal)?
My theater room will be 13'8" so I feel like a 10' wide screen would be perfect in it. If any of you do, could you please comment on the brightness? I will have a completely blackened room, black walls, ceiling, carpet, and sofas with red accent colors.

I really like the fact that you can adjust each LCD panel if convergence issues ever arise, to me that sounds like this projector would last a good 5-10 years, with normal lamp changes.

Sony wont honor the warranty if you buy from a dealer who is not authorized.
post #1359 of 1368 Old 09-15-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 261
Quote:

Be careful of places like Abe's. You could buy from us at AV Science - just saying!! We are authorized Sony dealers.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #1360 of 1368 Old 09-15-2014, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
I have a 144" diagonal screen and it's plenty bright for me. My room size is similar, check out my HT build thread The-dreamatorium-13x19ft-room. I use a HTPC as a front-end and it handles zooming/cropping black bars for 2.35 content.

post #1361 of 1368 Old 09-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmavs View Post
I have a 144" diagonal screen and it's plenty bright for me. My room size is similar, check out my HT build thread The-dreamatorium-13x19ft-room. I use a HTPC as a front-end and it handles zooming/cropping black bars for 2.35 content.
What do you use to carry out zooming etc using a HTPC?
post #1362 of 1368 Old 09-15-2014, 11:37 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicj1 View Post
What do you use to carry out zooming etc using a HTPC?
Yes, HTPC running XBMC. I've been meaning to post pictures of how XBMC handles variable aspect ratio movies but I haven't got round to it yet.

post #1363 of 1368 Old 09-16-2014, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
Well decided after cedia to go ahead and order a 55es from craig @avs, here's hoping it lives up to the hype! Replacing my pro8100 which has been fantastic, but doesn't do 3D and is approaching lamp death =)

I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine after the first 100 hours.

See ya. Dave

post #1364 of 1368 Old 09-16-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:

Neither of which are authorized dealers, so no warranty. I have a letter from Sony that specifically states some of the companies selling Sony products on Amazon and that you do not have a warranty if they are not listed on Sony's authorized dealer list. This letter lists several examples of non authorized sellers and Abes of Maine is one of the ones listed. Here is the list of authorized dealers.
http://store.sony.com/-cms-page.sony...RpSPgd78cJ9QRe

If anybody would like a copy of the Sony letter regarding warranty when purchasing through a non authorized dealer, shoot me or Craig an email requesting it.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #1365 of 1368 Old 09-16-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Neither of which are authorized dealers, so no warranty. I have a letter from Sony that specifically states some of the companies selling Sony products on Amazon and that you do not have a warranty if they are not listed on Sony's authorized dealer list. This letter lists several examples of non authorized sellers and Abes of Maine is one of the ones listed. Here is the list of authorized dealers.
http://store.sony.com/-cms-page.sony...RpSPgd78cJ9QRe

If anybody would like a copy of the Sony letter regarding warranty when purchasing through a non authorized dealer, shoot me or Craig an email requesting it.
I can't imagine buying a new projector and not considering the warranty. Stuff happens with projectors.

Buy from AVS. They'll do the best by you they can.

See ya. Dave

post #1366 of 1368 Old 09-17-2014, 09:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I can't imagine buying a new projector and not considering the warranty. Stuff happens with projectors.

Buy from AVS. They'll do the best by you they can.
Out of warranty repair can be a killer.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #1367 of 1368 Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM

Couple questions for you guys on 3D RF glasses. I ordered the Xpand emitter and need to pick glasses.

1) I have seen the Samsung 5100 and 3Actives suggested in this thread, any others or impressions of the two. I don't like how open the 5100s are on the sides, first impression.
2) Any impressions of the XPAND X105-RF-X1 glasses?
2) Do the brightness settings for the glasses work on 3rd party glasses (1 - 5 setting I believe).
3) Are all newer glasses 144hz, is there a way to check this once they are connected?
post #1368 of 1368 Old Today, 09:53 AM

Can anyone share their setting for game mode? I did a quick contrast and brightness calibration using the HD 709 on my computer. I ended up turning contrast way down (around 70 I think) and brightness a little bit. Also does anyone know what the contrast enhancer does? I turned mine off currently....
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony , Sony Vpl Hw55es 3d Projector

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page