Owners thread Sony Hw55ES - Page 60 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 32Likes
post #1771 of 1782 Old 02-27-2015, 09:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgheist View Post
The 55es comes with 3d glasses, but is it only a single pair? Anything else I need to buy for them to work? I need 4 pairs so how many more do I need to get?
Look closer in the styrofoam. Should be two pair of glasses. They are not packaged together. I have received many calls from customers thinking only one pair in the box, but closer inspection, usually found the second pair.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1782 Old 02-27-2015, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
The 55es comes with 3d glasses, but is it only a single pair? Anything else I need to buy for them to work? I need 4 pairs so how many more do I need to get?
As Mike noted -- the second pair of glasses is buried near the bottom of the box. I missed them the first time as well.

BTW -- the included IR glasses are ok, but not great if you plan to watch a decent amount of 3D. If you do -- you will need to source the Sony RF emitter dongle and an Xpand RF emitter. Then you can use RF glasses (like the Samsung RF glasses). They are a much better solution.
post #1773 of 1782 Old 02-27-2015, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post
As Mike noted -- the second pair of glasses is buried near the bottom of the box. I missed them the first time as well.

BTW -- the included IR glasses are ok, but not great if you plan to watch a decent amount of 3D. If you do -- you will need to source the Sony RF emitter dongle and an Xpand RF emitter. Then you can use RF glasses (like the Samsung RF glasses). They are a much better solution.
I have not received it yet, just want to be proactive. So two pair of glasses that work out of the box are included? Where can I get two more for a good price to have a total of four?
post #1774 of 1782 Old 02-27-2015, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
I have not received it yet, just want to be proactive. So two pair of glasses that work out of the box are included? Where can I get two more for a good price to have a total of four?
The PS3 glasses work fine and are cheaper than the official glasses.

Looky here!
post #1775 of 1782 Old 02-28-2015, 06:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
PS3 glasses are a good option if you elect to stick with IR. But if you want a lot better experience (and more comfortable glasses) make the move to an IR glasses setup.
post #1776 of 1782 Old 03-01-2015, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Looks like I have a buyer for my 55ES -- and he doesn't care about 3D. So I have the Sony 3D emitter dongle and the Xpand RF emitter available for anyone interested. I will post in the classifieds -- but feel free to PM me.
post #1777 of 1782 Old 03-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Looks like I have a buyer for my 55ES -- and he doesn't care about 3D. So I have the Sony 3D emitter dongle and the Xpand RF emitter available for anyone interested. I will post in the classifieds -- but feel free to PM me.

I just spent a few hundred dollars for this emitter and cable.

Still have not set up my Sony projector. Will be doing it this week.

I would highly recommend anyone interested in 3D to grab Skrill's deal. You will be able to use the more comfortable RF glasses.
post #1778 of 1782 Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post
The PS3 glasses work fine and are cheaper than the official glasses.
The Looky here is not working.
post #1779 of 1782 Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM

Quote:
What is the model number? I am interested. Just got back home.
post #1780 of 1782 Unread Yesterday, 09:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
What is the model number? I am interested. Just got back home.
Hey, sorry, I bought his adapter. I got it for my brother who also has a 55es. The model number is XPAND AD025-RF-X1-NP. I bought mine off ebay here.

You still need the Sony adapter cable shown here.

Or you can forego the adapter cable entirely and solder a RJ45 terminated ethernet cable directly to the circuit board of the XPAND emitter as described here. This is what I would have done if my 55es didn't already have the adapter cable included.

WAIT! I just did some more research and found this post stating you can order the emitter and adapter cable directly from XPAND:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinemabum View Post
You can buy the emitter and cable together in the kit for $215.00.
Contact David Chechelashvili at david.chechelashvili@xpandcinema.com.
You can buy it direct from Xpand by using paypal and they will ship UPS ground or UPS two-day.

Last edited by replayreb; Yesterday at 09:39 PM.
post #1781 of 1782 Unread Today, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have been enjoying my new HW55ES for a couple of weeks. The PQ is amazing. I am coming from a Panasonic PT-AE7000U followed by a PT-AE8000U for a short time. I owned many projectors before that. My experience with the Panasonic was pretty much a disaster overall but I won't get into all of that. I haven't spent too much time messing with 3D but I did watch a bit of Sharks 3D and I played Halo Anniversary Edition with 3D enabled. I found it to be pretty good. With the Panasonic I had their 3rd gen RF glasses which were very light-weight and comfortable. I experienced quite a bit of ghosting though. With the Sony I am seeing very little ghosting. I saw none in Sharks. In Halo I always had a problem with the Panasonic with terrible ghosting on foreground objects like the gun. The main rifle in the game has a digital readout with your current ammo info displayed and it was always clearly duplicated. With the Sony that is just barely visible and only if you look for it. I was very pleased and 3D is considerably better for me on the Sony. The thing that I did notice was that if I turned my head ghosting would appear. Is this due to the IR glasses? It's not a problem if you are looking straight on but I'm wondering how well it will work when people are spread out a bit to watch a movie. I have 4 pairs of the IR glasses. I wonder if I get an IR extender and pace it to the side of the viewing area if that would help. The RF solution is just too expensive for how much I will actually use the 3D. I had the Panasonic for 3 years and I probably used the 3D once a year.
post #1782 of 1782 Unread Today, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Eye View Post
I have been enjoying my new HW55ES for a couple of weeks. The PQ is amazing. I am coming from a Panasonic PT-AE7000U followed by a PT-AE8000U for a short time. I owned many projectors before that. My experience with the Panasonic was pretty much a disaster overall but I won't get into all of that. I haven't spent too much time messing with 3D but I did watch a bit of Sharks 3D and I played Halo Anniversary Edition with 3D enabled. I found it to be pretty good. With the Panasonic I had their 3rd gen RF glasses which were very light-weight and comfortable. I experienced quite a bit of ghosting though. With the Sony I am seeing very little ghosting. I saw none in Sharks. In Halo I always had a problem with the Panasonic with terrible ghosting on foreground objects like the gun. The main rifle in the game has a digital readout with your current ammo info displayed and it was always clearly duplicated. With the Sony that is just barely visible and only if you look for it. I was very pleased and 3D is considerably better for me on the Sony. The thing that I did notice was that if I turned my head ghosting would appear. Is this due to the IR glasses? It's not a problem if you are looking straight on but I'm wondering how well it will work when people are spread out a bit to watch a movie. I have 4 pairs of the IR glasses. I wonder if I get an IR extender and pace it to the side of the viewing area if that would help. The RF solution is just too expensive for how much I will actually use the 3D. I had the Panasonic for 3 years and I probably used the 3D once a year.
It's an excellent projector - anyone in the market to buy one, we have plenty in stock at AV Science - give us a call!

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony , Sony Vpl Hw55es 3d Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page