Owners thread Sony Hw55ES - Page 85 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 117Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2521 of 2671 Old 02-01-2016, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cdy2179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central Louisiana
Posts: 2,795
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
I really don't like the mount I've got right now and have been considering a Chief. Current mount wobbles and I want something more solid + with the current mount, I'll have to take the PJ down for filter maintenance. If I got the RPA020, can I just mount it to a drop pipe already affixed to the ceiling or am I missing something? Thanks.
I upgraded to Chief. BAss at reference is no issue. Insanely built mounts... I could hang from it!
cdy2179 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2522 of 2671 Old 02-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
hdtvluvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 703
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 25
As long as the pipe you have is 1-1/2" NPT and at least 4 rows of threads. Be sure the pipe is firmly mounted so it doesn't add to any play/motion.

Here is from the manual:
Installing to 1-1/2" Threaded Extension Column
1. Install 1-1/2" NPT or NPSM following ANSI/ASME B1.20.1
(Schedule 40, 0.154" minimum thickness aluminum - ASTM
B221) threaded extension column (not included) into
threaded collar until tight, with a minimum of four threads
engaged.
PaulG likes this.
hdtvluvr is offline  
post #2523 of 2671 Old 02-01-2016, 05:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 9
So yesterday I finally put in the email for my lamp coupon, and today they confirmed my order, albeit warning of the backorder with no expected availability.

Then 2 minutes ago I got an email that my lamp had shipped (with tracking number).

I guess I'm just extra lucky??
PaulG likes this.
doubledgedboard is offline  
post #2524 of 2671 Old 02-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
PaulG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Out There
Posts: 617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledgedboard View Post
So yesterday I finally put in the email for my lamp coupon, and today they confirmed my order, albeit warning of the backorder with no expected availability.

Then 2 minutes ago I got an email that my lamp had shipped (with tracking number).

I guess I'm just extra lucky??
Nicely done! Go play the lotto!!
Placed my order in November. Just got the same shipping confirmation email. FINALLY!
PaulG is offline  
post #2525 of 2671 Old 02-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Member
 
ninjahifi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Sent voucher info mid-December, just got shipping info today.
ninjahifi is offline  
post #2526 of 2671 Old 02-02-2016, 06:09 PM
Member
 
yash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahifi View Post
Sent voucher info mid-December, just got shipping info today.
No such luck for me yet. I submitted mine in early December and still waiting for my shipping confirmation.
yash is offline  
post #2527 of 2671 Old 02-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Senior Member
 
smuggymba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 330
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by yash View Post
No such luck for me yet. I submitted mine in early December and still waiting for my shipping confirmation.
I submitted mine today so hopefully I'll get it in 2-3 months.
smuggymba is offline  
post #2528 of 2671 Old 02-08-2016, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
gadgetfreaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have about 1900 hrs on my lamp, and definitely the last few months.
Ugh.. so did we figure out if I just need a new lamp? less than 2K hours.. I run it 70% high lamp 30% of the time in eco mode.

Also, where's the best place to buy a high quality replacement for a reasonable price?

I replaced this about 11 months ago. So is this projector a 2K hour lamp projector?
gadgetfreaky is offline  
post #2529 of 2671 Old 02-08-2016, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
plissken99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Are there any child size 3D glasses for this projector? Have a friend with a 6yr old kid who can't wear the normal size glasses.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Snake Plissken

 

plissken99 is offline  
post #2530 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 07:40 AM
Member
 
jrlnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Piedmont, NC
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Lamp failure after 1800 hrs - Sony: 'you're SOL'

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
I have about 1900 hrs on my lamp, and definitely the last few months.
Ugh.. so did we figure out if I just need a new lamp? less than 2K hours.. I run it 70% high lamp 30% of the time in eco mode.

Also, where's the best place to buy a high quality replacement for a reasonable price?

I replaced this about 11 months ago. So is this projector a 2K hour lamp projector?
Well, I just had to use my replacement lamp because it was beginning to flicker all the time, whether it was Low or High lamp mode.

By the way, I almost always used mine in LOW lamp mode for the first 1600 hrs. After the flickering started I could 'cure' it with a few minutes of running it on High. But that eventually didn't work anymore.

I thought these lamps were quoted at 5000 hrs?

I called Sony's warranty service who said that's normal, the lamps DON'T last 5000 hrs and it's considered an accessory not covered by warranty.

But if I wished, I could send an email to complain.

Couple this with the diminishing contrast issue = the last Sony product for me EVER.
jrlnc is offline  
post #2531 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cdy2179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central Louisiana
Posts: 2,795
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Dude, it's a light bulb... Some last longer than others. They all use mostly Philips or osram. The next lamp say an osram could last 5000 hrs and never fail just get dim as hell. My last two osram both went over 6k...never blew or flickered, the one before than went out with 2k on it.

So you hate Sony because the lamp went out early... The lamp hour rating is based on dimness and usability based on that... It's not a guarantee of lamp life... This is something long time projector owners quickly come to understand. Kinda like those lights in your house some burn out much earlier than others..of course these are much higher quality so usually they get too dim to be useful before they quit.

Bottom line... Welcome to projectors... Unless you go laser it's the way it is.
Scarriere likes this.
cdy2179 is offline  
post #2532 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 View Post
Dude, it's a light bulb... Some last longer than others. They all use mostly Philips or osram. The next lamp say an osram could last 5000 hrs and never fail just get dim as hell. My last two osram both went over 6k...never blew or flickered, the one before than went out with 2k on it.

So you hate Sony because the lamp went out early... The lamp hour rating is based on dimness and usability based on that... It's not a guarantee of lamp life... This is something long time projector owners quickly come to understand. Kinda like those lights in your house some burn out much earlier than others..of course these are much higher quality so usually they get too dim to be useful before they quit.

Bottom line... Welcome to projectors... Unless you go laser it's the way it is.
Speaking of lamps, where's a good place to buy replacements?

Looky here!
robnix is online now  
post #2533 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
plissken99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 3,427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlnc View Post
Couple this with the diminishing contrast issue = the last Sony product for me EVER.
What do you mean by "diminishing contrast"?

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Snake Plissken

 

plissken99 is offline  
post #2534 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 09:26 AM
Member
 
jrlnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Piedmont, NC
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 View Post
Dude, it's a light bulb... Some last longer than others. They all use mostly Philips or osram. The next lamp say an osram could last 5000 hrs and never fail just get dim as hell. My last two osram both went over 6k...never blew or flickered, the one before than went out with 2k on it.

So you hate Sony because the lamp went out early... The lamp hour rating is based on dimness and usability based on that... It's not a guarantee of lamp life... This is something long time projector owners quickly come to understand. Kinda like those lights in your house some burn out much earlier than others..of course these are much higher quality so usually they get too dim to be useful before they quit.

Bottom line... Welcome to projectors... Unless you go laser it's the way it is.
Sorry, I guess I am mistaken. I'm fairly inexperienced with projectors. I've only owned 1 prior to this model and only got it up to 1100 hrs on the original bulb before I upgraded. I thought I heard somewhere that this one would last 5000. Sony says no such thing...

Also, I contacted Mike G from AVS whom I bought the projector from. He replied that there is a just general 3 month guarantee on the bulb. I guess there are too many variables like power spikes/outages, dust, smoke, HI/LO mode to really gauge these by hours.

I am disappointed, but Mike said all projector companies would tell me the same thing. JVC would not replace it after 1800 hrs either.

C'est la vie. I just didn't figure on replacing the bulb this often (after 20 months/1800 hrs). But now the projector is my main display and I use it for everything.
cdy2179 likes this.

Last edited by jrlnc; 02-10-2016 at 09:30 AM.
jrlnc is offline  
post #2535 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Member
 
jrlnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Piedmont, NC
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by plissken99 View Post
What do you mean by "diminishing contrast"?
I thought it was this thread.
jrlnc is offline  
post #2536 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member
 
gadgetfreaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So where is everyone buying their bulb for the sony projector? if it's once a year.. I'd like to keep it at below $200.. then it's only $17/month, price of 2 movie tickets which I'll gladly pay
gadgetfreaky is offline  
post #2537 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cdy2179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central Louisiana
Posts: 2,795
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 305
It's rare for one to go out that early. Usually they'll get so dim you get tired of the dim picture and swap it out.. or you change it when the projector tells you too. The ratings the manufacture gives is their opinion of when it's dimmed enough to need swapping out. Unless you use it for your main TV you'll go a few years between lamps.
cdy2179 is offline  
post #2538 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cdy2179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central Louisiana
Posts: 2,795
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
So where is everyone buying their bulb for the sony projector? if it's once a year.. I'd like to keep it at below $200.. then it's only $17/month, price of 2 movie tickets which I'll gladly pay
Here's where I've bought my last 3 lamps over the last 8 years. Philips and Osram.http://www.projectorlamps.com/sony-p...pl-hw55es.html
robnix, Scarriere, jrlnc and 1 others like this.
cdy2179 is offline  
post #2539 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 View Post
Here's where I've bought my last 3 lamps over the last 8 years. Philips and Osram.http://www.projectorlamps.com/sony-p...pl-hw55es.html
Bookmarked.

Looky here!
robnix is online now  
post #2540 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Member
 
trmoore2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 44
HW-55ES Clean filter message

I recently cleaned my filter for the Sony HW-55ES (for the second time) and the red message prompt is coming on when I turn on the projector. Is there a "reset" for the filter? Does the notice come on based on hours or dirty-ness?

Main Speakers: Revel F208's. Center: C208
SUB#1: Rhythmik F15HP. SUB#2: Stereo Integrity HST18 w/ Crown XLS2502
Marantz SR7009, Emotiva XPA-5
Projector: Sony HW55-ES, Carada 134" screen
trmoore2 is offline  
post #2541 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cdy2179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: central Louisiana
Posts: 2,795
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post
Bookmarked.
There's also some places to buy the bare lamps and install yourself in the OEM housing. Also some companies sell new lamps in used OEM housings. Just don't go cheap because the reflector of the housing is important. Just go with a reputable company and you'll be good to go.
cdy2179 is offline  
post #2542 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,550
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 View Post
There's also some places to buy the bare lamps and install yourself in the OEM housing. Also some companies sell new lamps in used OEM housings. Just don't go cheap because the reflector of the housing is important. Just go with a reputable company and you'll be good to go.
I made the mistake with a Mitsu DLP of going cheap once. Never again.

Looky here!
robnix is online now  
post #2543 of 2671 Old 02-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Member
 
jrlnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Piedmont, NC
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
So where is everyone buying their bulb for the sony projector? if it's once a year.. I'd like to keep it at below $200.. then it's only $17/month, price of 2 movie tickets which I'll gladly pay
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 View Post
Here's where I've bought my last 3 lamps over the last 8 years. Philips and Osram.http://www.projectorlamps.com/sony-p...pl-hw55es.html

Thanks cdy2179.

Then there's this one too that also has a 6-month warranty and uses an original Philips bulb. I don't have any experience with this company, but it looks like gadgetfreaky's wish of <$200 lamps are easily available out there.
cdy2179 likes this.
jrlnc is offline  
post #2544 of 2671 Old 02-12-2016, 05:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlnc View Post
Sorry, I guess I am mistaken. I'm fairly inexperienced with projectors. I've only owned 1 prior to this model and only got it up to 1100 hrs on the original bulb before I upgraded. I thought I heard somewhere that this one would last 5000. Sony says no such thing...

Also, I contacted Mike G from AVS whom I bought the projector from. He replied that there is a just general 3 month guarantee on the bulb. I guess there are too many variables like power spikes/outages, dust, smoke, HI/LO mode to really gauge these by hours.

I am disappointed, but Mike said all projector companies would tell me the same thing. JVC would not replace it after 1800 hrs either.

C'est la vie. I just didn't figure on replacing the bulb this often (after 20 months/1800 hrs). But now the projector is my main display and I use it for everything.
I think your comment about 1600~ hours on LOW nailed it.

As you'll see in numerous posts earlier in the thread, it's pretty clear that running the bulb in 'Low' for an extended period, especially from the start, drastically increases the likelihood that your bulb will develop arcing issues (where the arc wanders down from the tip of the electrode) and start to flicker.

It's a common recommendation to burn in your bulb at full power for at least 100 hrs before switching to 'Low'.

It's also recommended to immediately switch to a new bulb once you get it, and both burn it in and make sure it won't die within the very limited warranty period. Once you get past the first part of the bathtub curve you should be okay.
doubledgedboard is offline  
post #2545 of 2671 Old 02-12-2016, 09:27 PM
Advanced Member
 
gadgetfreaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 View Post
Here's where I've bought my last 3 lamps over the last 8 years. Philips and Osram.http://www.projectorlamps.com/sony-p...pl-hw55es.html

awesome.. ordering now
gadgetfreaky is offline  
post #2546 of 2671 Old 02-22-2016, 05:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 9
tl;dr silver screen + 55es + active 3d = will samsung 3d glasses still work?

So I ended up dumping some cash into trying out 3D on my 55es in a few ways, and for posterity, my adventure goes like this:

- Tried out included IR glasses, not much desync issue, but very heavy and had headaches after a few hours (I already wear glasses + use headphones), some crosstalk

- Decided I would try the RF route, bought the overpriced sony cable

- Bought EStar Emitter Kit (BC100) and some samsung ssg-5150gb glasses

- Emitter Kit worked fine with sony cable, but included pair of glasses was uncomfortable, and the samsung's i bought wouldn't pair

- Discovered there are two standards of 'RF' in 3D, the BT 'Full HD 3D' format and the ZF 'We're Special Snowflakes' format

- Estar kit was ZF, glasses were BT

- Estar kit has awesome tweaking options (duty cycle, timings), but the samsung glasses are super light, cheap, and comfortable (even over glasses and with headphones).

- Gave up on Estar kit, bought 'Xpand' kit on the cheap (Mitsubishi combo pack on amazon), and it paired with my Samsungs

- Xpand kit works, but I still get crosstalk, and it doesn't let you tweak the duty cycle, etc

Now the current predicament...

I have a Silver Ticket Grey screen that I'll be replacing with their Silver Ticket 'Silver ALR' Screen.

The new screen retains polarization.

As evidenced over in this thread, Active 3D + Silver Screens + JVC projectors is an issue, since the polarization (horiz\vert) of the light coming from the LCD\LCOS doesn't match the polarization of most active 3d shutter lenses (horiz\vert), and this results in massive dimming of the picture.

So as you can see from that thread, one company makes specially polarized 3D glasses to be used with JVC projectors.

What I'm concerned about is when I get my ALR Screen, since it retains polarization, will it end up borking me on light output when I use it with my Samsung SSG-5150GB glasses?

Does anyone have any experience using Active 3D + a polarization retaining screen?

I can't seem to find any information if the 55es is horizontal or vertical, and if the samsung glasses are horizontal or vertical (although I'm inclined to believe that the glasses are vertical since the 'JVC style' xpand ones in the linked thread are specifically listed as horizontal).

Thanks~!
Scarriere likes this.
doubledgedboard is offline  
post #2547 of 2671 Old 02-22-2016, 05:48 PM
Senior Member
 
wouldtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledgedboard View Post
tl;dr silver screen + 55es + active 3d = will samsung 3d glasses still work?

So I ended up dumping some cash into trying out 3D on my 55es in a few ways, and for posterity, my adventure goes like this:

- Tried out included IR glasses, not much desync issue, but very heavy and had headaches after a few hours (I already wear glasses + use headphones), some crosstalk

- Decided I would try the RF route, bought the overpriced sony cable

- Bought EStar Emitter Kit (BC100) and some samsung ssg-5150gb glasses

- Emitter Kit worked fine with sony cable, but included pair of glasses was uncomfortable, and the samsung's i bought wouldn't pair

- Discovered there are two standards of 'RF' in 3D, the BT 'Full HD 3D' format and the ZF 'We're Special Snowflakes' format

- Estar kit was ZF, glasses were BT

- Estar kit has awesome tweaking options (duty cycle, timings), but the samsung glasses are super light, cheap, and comfortable (even over glasses and with headphones).

- Gave up on Estar kit, bought 'Xpand' kit on the cheap (Mitsubishi combo pack on amazon), and it paired with my Samsungs

- Xpand kit works, but I still get crosstalk, and it doesn't let you tweak the duty cycle, etc

Now the current predicament...

I have a Silver Ticket Grey screen that I'll be replacing with their Silver Ticket 'Silver ALR' Screen.

The new screen retains polarization.

As evidenced over in this thread, Active 3D + Silver Screens + JVC projectors is an issue, since the polarization (horiz\vert) of the light coming from the LCD\LCOS doesn't match the polarization of most active 3d shutter lenses (horiz\vert), and this results in massive dimming of the picture.

So as you can see from that thread, one company makes specially polarized 3D glasses to be used with JVC projectors.

What I'm concerned about is when I get my ALR Screen, since it retains polarization, will it end up borking me on light output when I use it with my Samsung SSG-5150GB glasses?

Does anyone have any experience using Active 3D + a polarization retaining screen?

I can't seem to find any information if the 55es is horizontal or vertical, and if the samsung glasses are horizontal or vertical (although I'm inclined to believe that the glasses are vertical since the 'JVC style' xpand ones in the linked thread are specifically listed as horizontal).

Thanks~!
I have used the included Active glasses with my Screen Inovations Slate and have enjoyed it. They are a little heavy, but it's been decent. I have watched Avatar, Kenny Chesney's 3D concert, and the Avengers that my daughter bought. It has been fun
wouldtoo is offline  
post #2548 of 2671 Old 02-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Senior Member
 
wouldtoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 214
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmavs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo View Post
Question. I am trying to play a 3D movie. The HW55ES is capable of playing 3D and I have a 3D capable Sony Blu Ray player. When I try to play a 3D movie, it is telling me I don't have a 3D device.

I am running everything through my Integra DTR-50.3 receiver. The only thing I can figure is that the receiver is not picking up the 3D. I don't know if there is a setting in the receiver I need to set or what. Any suggestions?

I have posted this on the Integra site as well, but have not heard anything yet. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Your AVR does not support 3D.
Got my AVR to play 3D. Bought a new HDMI cord. The other one was fairly new, so not sure. I knew my Manual said it played 3D, so now it works
wouldtoo is offline  
post #2549 of 2671 Old 02-24-2016, 08:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldtoo View Post
I have used the included Active glasses with my Screen Inovations Slate and have enjoyed it. They are a little heavy, but it's been decent. I have watched Avatar, Kenny Chesney's 3D concert, and the Avengers that my daughter bought. It has been fun
Thanks for the response! I researched your screen and it appears that while it's an ALR screen that particular screen doesn't retain polarization.
doubledgedboard is offline  
post #2550 of 2671 Old 02-24-2016, 10:22 PM
Member
 
Crizo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My bulb is flickering at 720 hours. Is that a record? It has been on low since day one. I never heard of that "set to high for first 100 hours" rule. Oh well..like others have said, it's just a bulb.
Crizo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony , Sony Vpl Hw55es 3d Projector

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off