Owners thread Sony Hw55ES - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 117Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2611 of 2672 Old 04-29-2016, 02:46 PM
Member
 
Jbed27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangler88 View Post
I just received my free lamp a few weeks ago, placed the order in early December.
Same here. Mine came 2 weeks ago and I ordered it several months ago...
Jbed27 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2612 of 2672 Old 04-29-2016, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
Boxozaxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 923
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangler88 View Post
I just received my free lamp a few weeks ago, placed the order in early December.
Requested my lamp 2/20 and it shipped 4/11 so it sounds like they got a batch of new lamps. Hopefully this group is high quality.
Boxozaxu is offline  
post #2613 of 2672 Old 04-29-2016, 04:23 PM
Member
 
Jbed27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxozaxu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangler88 View Post
I just received my free lamp a few weeks ago, placed the order in early December.
Requested my lamp 2/20 and it shipped 4/11 so it sounds like they got a batch of new lamps. Hopefully this group is high quality.
The one I got seemed pretty OEM. Sony logo, Phillips bulb... I'm confident the one I got is original.
Jbed27 is online now  
post #2614 of 2672 Old 04-29-2016, 09:26 PM
Newbie
 
dangler88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I should probably try it to make sure it's okay.
dangler88 is offline  
post #2615 of 2672 Old 04-30-2016, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
muzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: MA. USA
Posts: 3,696
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangler88 View Post
I should probably try it to make sure it's okay.
I certainly would, and the (E) bulb would be my spare.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Why waste $ on more cheap stuff, it's like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
muzz is offline  
post #2616 of 2672 Old 05-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Talking of lamps I was reading a review of the HW65ES and it got me thinking.

Could you install the lamp for the HW65ES in a HW55ES?

If so you would gain the extra 100 lumens just from changing the lamp.

Looking at pictures of the lamps on the Sony website the mounting looks exactly the same which isnt a surprise given how little has been changed in regard to the chassis.

The HW55ES lamp is 200 watts where as HW65ES lamp is 215 watts, so has the power supply been upgraded in the HW65ES?

Looking at the power consumption figures on the Sony website the 55's max power consumption is 300 watts where as the 65 is 310 watts.

Pointless asking Sony as they all they want to do is sell you a new projector but if this would work I aint gonna say no to another 100 lumens
AdamAttewell is offline  
post #2617 of 2672 Old 05-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Senior Member
 
blueskies758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Proud owner of a dealer demo 55ES. Beautiful image - but even at night, with a pitch dark room, the letterbox bars seem charcoal instead of inky black, despite setting the iris at manual 0. Have to look into that further.

Sony accessories are off the charts price wis their supplies wanted $90+ for a lens cover!
Looks like I'll be picking one up 3rd party for 1/4 the price.

Was there never a sticky on calibration settings, I stopped at page 26 of the thread
blueskies758 is offline  
post #2618 of 2672 Old 05-07-2016, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ronald Epstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Let us know what lens cover you pick up.

Didn't know that one really needed it...but yeah, the lens gets dusty
Ronald Epstein is offline  
post #2619 of 2672 Old 05-08-2016, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 1,792
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies758 View Post
Proud owner of a dealer demo 55ES. Beautiful image - but even at night, with a pitch dark room, the letterbox bars seem charcoal instead of inky black, despite setting the iris at manual 0. Have to look into that further.

Sony accessories are off the charts price wis their supplies wanted $90+ for a lens cover!
Looks like I'll be picking one up 3rd party for 1/4 the price.

Was there never a sticky on calibration settings, I stopped at page 26 of the thread
Masking is really the way to go when it comes to letterbox bars, in my opinion. Search the DIY section of the Screens forum for masking and you'll come up with a number of DIY ways to go about it. I've had a manual system in place for years, and I can say I'd never want to be without it.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
Jive Turkey is offline  
post #2620 of 2672 Old 05-09-2016, 07:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Hyper_Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am moving and so I am getting a new media room. That means I need a bigger screen! I am looking at a 106" 16:9 Precision Series from Carada. Unfortunately they no longer sell the 1.0 gain classic cinema white material. I will have to choose between the 0.8 gain high contrast grey and the 1.4 brilliant white. The room will be completely dark. The ceiling will be grey and the walls will be even darker grey. I am throwing from the ceiling about 12' from the screen and the viewing distance is between 11' and 12'. In my current room I'm throwing from about 10' to an 80" 1.0 gain screen and it is very bright. At first I had to set the projector to low lamp mode with limited dynamic iris. Now at 2500 hours I'm in high lamp (to eliminate flickering) with the iris set at about 30%. Using a projection calculator it appears that the projector will still be pretty bright in the new room. 0.8 gain seems to put it right in the low ambient light viewing range (the green range on the calculator.) Does anyone here use a grey screen with a high contrast projector like the HW55ES in a light controlled room? Any thoughts on the two options? I would like to place my order very soon. Thanks!
Hyper_Eye is offline  
post #2621 of 2672 Old 05-09-2016, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
blueskies758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Eye View Post
I am moving and so I am getting a new media room. That means I need a bigger screen! I am looking at a 106" 16:9 Precision Series from Carada. Unfortunately they no longer sell the 1.0 gain classic cinema white material. I will have to choose between the 0.8 gain high contrast grey and the 1.4 brilliant white. The room will be completely dark. The ceiling will be grey and the walls will be even darker grey. I am throwing from the ceiling about 12' from the screen and the viewing distance is between 11' and 12'. In my current room I'm throwing from about 10' to an 80" 1.0 gain screen and it is very bright. At first I had to set the projector to low lamp mode with limited dynamic iris. Now at 2500 hours I'm in high lamp (to eliminate flickering) with the iris set at about 30%. Using a projection calculator it appears that the projector will still be pretty bright in the new room. 0.8 gain seems to put it right in the low ambient light viewing range (the green range on the calculator.) Does anyone here use a grey screen with a high contrast projector like the HW55ES in a light controlled room? Any thoughts on the two options? I would like to place my order very soon. Thanks!
I have a sample of the high contrast gray and it was too dark for my tastes. I think Carada pulled the Classic White in response to complaints/concerns of uneven defects in the material and maybe they will re-introduce it at some point. I myself am buying a Elite EZ frame Cinewhite screen as it reviewed well in the Accucal report, and the sample displayed well in my room. It is my neutral like the old Carada Classic White material was imo..
blueskies758 is offline  
post #2622 of 2672 Old 05-09-2016, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Hyper_Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskies758 View Post
I think Carada pulled the Classic White in response to complaints/concerns of uneven defects in the material and maybe they will re-introduce it at some point.

In an email today they told me they do not expect to bring it back. I have a sample of the grey too and I found it to be pretty dark as well. I was hoping that I would feel differently if I wasn't placing the sample on top of a white screen. All of the fixed frame screens I've bought have been Carada so this is a bit of a dilemma. I don't want to compromise on the image when I move to the new room.
Hyper_Eye is offline  
post #2623 of 2672 Old 05-09-2016, 02:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Hyper_Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 312
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well I spent some time talking to Craig at avscience and he said that the measured gain on the brilliant white is not really 1.4. Given my configuration he recommended I stick with white. He was quite helpful and so I went ahead and placed the order with him.
Hyper_Eye is offline  
post #2624 of 2672 Old 05-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Senior Member
 
blueskies758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Something seems off and hopefully its just calibration.

The sample on the left is Carada Brilliant White, the one on the right is Elite Cinewhite.
I'm a bit nervous on how washed out the image looks on both samples compared to the plain light brown wall I am using in the interim period. The plain wall looks nice and punchy, whereas the samples although brighter, look like all sorts of washed out, like I need to up the color on the projector and lower the brightness. Maybe an ND filter would address this.

My settings are
Low lamp mode
Iris Auto Limited
65k
Cinema 1

I'll see how the samples look tonight when the sun goes down, I don't yet have blackout roller shades (in the mail). .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1432866   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1432874   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	1432882  
blueskies758 is offline  
post #2625 of 2672 Old 05-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Senior Member
 
ChadA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Eye View Post
Well I spent some time talking to Craig at avscience and he said that the measured gain on the brilliant white is not really 1.4. Given my configuration he recommended I stick with white. He was quite helpful and so I went ahead and placed the order with him.
I think you made the right choice. I really like my HW55es and BW combo.
ChadA is offline  
post #2626 of 2672 Old 05-11-2016, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 1,792
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadA View Post
I think you made the right choice. I really like my HW55es and BW combo.
Same here.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
Jive Turkey is offline  
post #2627 of 2672 Old 05-12-2016, 05:28 AM
Advanced Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 636
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I've just picked up a 55 and while generally very happy with it the colours are quite washed out/faint. Any one experienced this yet?

Anthem MRX-720 + 2 channel Yamaha, Martin Logan Motion 40 fronts, Martin Logan Motion FX rears, Martin Logan Motion 30 centre, Full Atmos, 4 x Paradigm PV-150 on ceiling Atmos, Martin Logan Balanced force 210 as the beast. Sony VW320ES, 120" curved screen, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..
Bandyka is offline  
post #2628 of 2672 Old 05-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Member
 
Jbed27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
What are you projecting onto? Ive had one for three months, using a silver ticket matte white 110", and it looks absolutely amazing. The color pop is actually one of the first things I was so impressed with. This projector is known for being near calibrated right out of the box in Reference mode. If it's an obvious color washout, I'd suspect something is wrong. Is your room light controlled?
Jbed27 is online now  
post #2629 of 2672 Old 05-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 636
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Its a neutral screen no gain. I've used a JVC X5000 and a 40ES on it before with excellent results. Maybe I am just used the JVC? But even so the colors seem very dull. Perhaps its something to do with the HTPC setup?

Anthem MRX-720 + 2 channel Yamaha, Martin Logan Motion 40 fronts, Martin Logan Motion FX rears, Martin Logan Motion 30 centre, Full Atmos, 4 x Paradigm PV-150 on ceiling Atmos, Martin Logan Balanced force 210 as the beast. Sony VW320ES, 120" curved screen, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..
Bandyka is offline  
post #2630 of 2672 Old 05-12-2016, 04:29 PM
Member
 
Jbed27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ohio
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Its a neutral screen no gain. I've used a JVC X5000 and a 40ES on it before with excellent results. Maybe I am just used the JVC? But even so the colors seem very dull. Perhaps its something to do with the HTPC setup?
It must have some level of gain, no gain would mean it's reflecting zero light. Since you have 2 other projectors you're comparing it to on the same screen, id say something may be wrong with the projector. Do you have it set at factory default for a baseline? Mine looked great right out of the box, before I made any adjustments to iris, gamma, etc...

I also had to do a panel alignment, but the before and after results were barely noticeable after I adjusted that when turning the alignment on and off on a paused movie scene... So I'm not sure if a really BAD panel alignment (mine was only off by a hair) would lead to washed out colors, but you may want to go in and check that. If you don't know how, let me know and I'll reply with the adjustment method.
cemo62 likes this.

Last edited by Jbed27; 05-12-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Jbed27 is online now  
post #2631 of 2672 Old 05-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 636
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Thanks I was thinking along those lines. I'll check alignment shortly and report back.

Anthem MRX-720 + 2 channel Yamaha, Martin Logan Motion 40 fronts, Martin Logan Motion FX rears, Martin Logan Motion 30 centre, Full Atmos, 4 x Paradigm PV-150 on ceiling Atmos, Martin Logan Balanced force 210 as the beast. Sony VW320ES, 120" curved screen, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..
Bandyka is offline  
post #2632 of 2672 Old 05-13-2016, 03:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 636
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Alignment was a little out but did not make much of a difference. I went to see a 40ES and realized I was just used to the JVC thats all. All good.

Anthem MRX-720 + 2 channel Yamaha, Martin Logan Motion 40 fronts, Martin Logan Motion FX rears, Martin Logan Motion 30 centre, Full Atmos, 4 x Paradigm PV-150 on ceiling Atmos, Martin Logan Balanced force 210 as the beast. Sony VW320ES, 120" curved screen, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..
Bandyka is offline  
post #2633 of 2672 Old 05-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Scurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My hw55es bulb is now at 2000 hrs and I'm getting a message to change it. I really don't see any picture or brightness degradation. When is the right time to change the bulb? Now or when I can see a difference or when it just goes out?

Many thanks for the help.

Love this projector by the way! Highly recommend it.
Scurly is offline  
post #2634 of 2672 Old 05-13-2016, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 1,792
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurly View Post
My hw55es bulb is now at 2000 hrs and I'm getting a message to change it. I really don't see any picture or brightness degradation. When is the right time to change the bulb? Now or when I can see a difference or when it just goes out?

Many thanks for the help.

Love this projector by the way! Highly recommend it.
I wonder if you have just gotten used to the lamp dimming over time? Normally the lamps I've used have lost a fair amount of brightness by that many hours. I can't say if there's any chance of it blowing and causing any problems. However, I change mine usually well before 1500 hours and I have noticed the difference easily once a new lamp goes in.

However, this does fall into the "it's a free country" category, so if you're happy with it as is, then don't change it for visual performance reasons.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
Jive Turkey is offline  
post #2635 of 2672 Old 05-13-2016, 05:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Scurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I wonder if you have just gotten used to the lamp dimming over time? Normally the lamps I've used have lost a fair amount of brightness by that many hours. I can't say if there's any chance of it blowing and causing any problems. However, I change mine usually well before 1500 hours and I have noticed the difference easily once a new lamp goes in.

However, this does fall into the "it's a free country" category, so if you're happy with it as is, then don't change it for visual performance reasons.
Just replaced the lamp and there is a difference but not huge. It was time anyway.

Thanks for your assistance.
Scurly is offline  
post #2636 of 2672 Old 05-13-2016, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 1,792
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurly View Post
Just replaced the lamp and there is a difference but not huge. It was time anyway.

Thanks for your assistance.


You're welcome. If there's not that big of a difference, the good news is now you can keep the old one as a backup if the new one craps out; a bridge till the next new lamp comes in.
Scarriere likes this.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
Jive Turkey is offline  
post #2637 of 2672 Old 05-13-2016, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Scurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
You're welcome. If there's not that big of a difference, the good news is now you can keep the old one as a backup if the new one craps out; a bridge till the next new lamp comes in.
Didn't even think about keeping the old one. Very smart. Thx again!
Scurly is offline  
post #2638 of 2672 Old 05-15-2016, 08:17 PM
Senior Member
 
kevinlg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Hey guys, the sony website to order the free lamp replacement is down so what's the new way of redeeming it? I saw a few pages back someone knew how but only for who purchased it through him and I did not.

Also, what's the recommendation on the iris setting or any MUST HAVE settings that should be set up? I just calibrated mine with the iris at full auto and the lamp on high and it looks amazing in both a bright and dark setting. I miss having a projector so much there's really no other way Im fully happy even when I "downgraded" to the 65' OLED haha

B&W/Theta Digital/MartinLogan/SVS/Sony ES/Anthem
kevinlg is online now  
post #2639 of 2672 Old 05-16-2016, 03:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
Bandyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 636
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I did the 65" path too and sold he TV in two days and got a 55ES until I upgrade to the 320 or 520. I just could not stand the tiny size

Just set the contrast and brightness so there is no black crush and white clipping that way you will find the sweet spot for the iris too.

Anthem MRX-720 + 2 channel Yamaha, Martin Logan Motion 40 fronts, Martin Logan Motion FX rears, Martin Logan Motion 30 centre, Full Atmos, 4 x Paradigm PV-150 on ceiling Atmos, Martin Logan Balanced force 210 as the beast. Sony VW320ES, 120" curved screen, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..
Bandyka is offline  
post #2640 of 2672 Old 05-16-2016, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,552
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlg View Post
Hey guys, the sony website to order the free lamp replacement is down so what's the new way of redeeming it? I saw a few pages back someone knew how but only for who purchased it through him and I did not.

Also, what's the recommendation on the iris setting or any MUST HAVE settings that should be set up? I just calibrated mine with the iris at full auto and the lamp on high and it looks amazing in both a bright and dark setting. I miss having a projector so much there's really no other way Im fully happy even when I "downgraded" to the 65' OLED haha
You had a 65 foot OLED?!?!?!?

Looky here!
robnix is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony , Sony Vpl Hw55es 3d Projector

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off