Owners thread Sony Hw55ES - Page 91 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 122Likes

post #2701 of 2701 Old Today, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 561 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrat View Post
Hey guys, new buddy here.

First of all, thanks everyone in this Forum/Thread, which I found convincing to decide me to get this wonderful projector!

As I am quite a newbie I apologize in advance if my questions tend to be far from the pro ones, but I'm trying to get involved and active in this new world.
I came from an Epson TW-6100W and I hope I did a step forward getting this new Sony.

Alright, I got it second hand and I when I got everything set up but I am unable to align it properly (sorry not having one of those Chief ceiling mounts, very difficult to get one of those in Europe, so for now I'm using a conventional one).
Projector is perfectly placed 90º to the screen and I reset all submenus to defaults. Scrolled H and W. But I don't understand why I am unable to center it. Looks like the picture is distorted somehow.
Obviously I attach a picture of it and I point out with red arrows what is the misalignment. Please compare it with the black frame of the screen.

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask for help like this. What do I do wrong?

Thank you very much in advance for any help you could offer me.

Your projector is slightly turned to much to the right. I'd turn it slightly left until the bottom and top are parallel to the screen and then use lens shift to shift it onto the screen. Of course this is assuming keystone is set to 0.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony , Sony Vpl Hw55es 3d Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page