Owners thread Sony Hw55ES - Page 91 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 122Likes
post #2701 of 2704 Unread 08-25-2016, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrat View Post
Hey guys, new buddy here.

First of all, thanks everyone in this Forum/Thread, which I found convincing to decide me to get this wonderful projector!

As I am quite a newbie I apologize in advance if my questions tend to be far from the pro ones, but I'm trying to get involved and active in this new world.
I came from an Epson TW-6100W and I hope I did a step forward getting this new Sony.

Alright, I got it second hand and I when I got everything set up but I am unable to align it properly (sorry not having one of those Chief ceiling mounts, very difficult to get one of those in Europe, so for now I'm using a conventional one).
Projector is perfectly placed 90º to the screen and I reset all submenus to defaults. Scrolled H and W. But I don't understand why I am unable to center it. Looks like the picture is distorted somehow.
Obviously I attach a picture of it and I point out with red arrows what is the misalignment. Please compare it with the black frame of the screen.

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask for help like this. What do I do wrong?

Thank you very much in advance for any help you could offer me.

Your projector is slightly turned to much to the right. I'd turn it slightly left until the bottom and top are parallel to the screen and then use lens shift to shift it onto the screen. Of course this is assuming keystone is set to 0.

Also the black border on the screen appears to have issues with being wavy and not straight (open image in a new tab to zoom in and look at the borders along the green alignment lines, pay attention to the top and bottom right corner.. they're a good bit out of wack). This is no biggie but you won't get it perfectly aligned along the length of a wavy border. This would be some QC issues and Heck it's even possible the screen isn't cut perfectly square. I'd measure it to make sure the top to bottom is the same on both sides.

Last edited by cdy2179; 08-25-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 2704 Unread Yesterday, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Need your help:

Just went to www.store.sony.com to get the spare free lamp from the voucher it came with the projector but, can not find it anywhere. The voucher says to go to the link above and place lamp LMP-H202 in the cart and use the voucher number. Last week I was on the site and was able to find it but, stated coming soon. Today, I can not find it anywhere on the site.

Please assist or send me a link with the page.

Ian B

Thanks,
post #2703 of 2704 Unread Yesterday, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ian B View Post
Need your help:

Just went to www.store.sony.com to get the spare free lamp from the voucher it came with the projector but, can not find it anywhere. The voucher says to go to the link above and place lamp LMP-H202 in the cart and use the voucher number. Last week I was on the site and was able to find it but, stated coming soon. Today, I can not find it anywhere on the site.

Please assist or send me a link with the page.

Ian B

Thanks,
You have to email this address and they will send you instructions. Takes a few MONTHS to get the replacement unless you get lucky.

Joe

ProParts@am.sony.com
post #2704 of 2704 Unread Today, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdy2179 View Post

Your projector is slightly turned to much to the right. I'd turn it slightly left until the bottom and top are parallel to the screen and then use lens shift to shift it onto the screen. Of course this is assuming keystone is set to 0.

Also the black border on the screen appears to have issues with being wavy and not straight (open image in a new tab to zoom in and look at the borders along the green alignment lines, pay attention to the top and bottom right corner.. they're a good bit out of wack). This is no biggie but you won't get it perfectly aligned along the length of a wavy border. This would be some QC issues and Heck it's even possible the screen isn't cut perfectly square. I'd measure it to make sure the top to bottom is the same on both sides.
Hi cdy2179,

Seems that you are right regarding the off-centered position. Did not have time yet to fix it though. Hopefully over the weekend I'll try to correct it. Thanks a lot.
Will also take a proper measurement of the black borders, you might be right again. With the naked eye I can tell the lower right part of the screen is a bit wavy and left and right sides are a bit bended.
This Celexon screen was second hand purchased so no possibility to exchange it.. Have to see how could I fix these issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony , Sony Vpl Hw55es 3d Projector