Projector offering best 3D performance, under $3000 ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey guys ... So this thread is a continuation of my previous one, in which the unanimous vote was to get 2 projectors, for the best 2D and 3D, while remaining under $4000 or so, instead of getting something like Epson 5030, for fulling both roles, because then the result is not *very* good ..

People suggested the JVC RS-45 or RS-46 for 2D, and a Benq or Optoma projector for 3D ..

Problem is, I can't decide which projector to get for its performance in 3D ..

There are some obvious choices, such as:

Benq W1070
Benq W1500
Benq W7000
Optoma HD131Xe
Optoma HD25e
Optoma HD25-LV

You are free to recommend some other projector too, for its awesome 3D ..

Thing is, I can't decide properly which one to get. They are roughly in the same price range, so money is not an issue ..

Here is some criteria I've determined to help decide:
  1. Needs to be as awesome as possible in 3D ! biggrin.gif
  2. 3D has some good popping effects (like those in cinemas) ..
  3. No (or negligible) crosstalk in 3D ..
  4. No (or very low chance of) rainbows (for DLP only) smile.gif ..
  5. Would be nice to have an option to zoom a 3D cinemascope movie to fill 16:9 screen (I don't mind the sides being cropped out) (for 3D and 2D video)..
  6. Visually good/bright 3D for both completely dark (for movies) and lighted rooms (when playing video games)
  7. Should have low/acceptable gaming lag, since I occasionally do game online (FPS, etc ..)
  8. Would be nice to have some vertical/horizontal lens shift (installing 2 projectors side be side will require some offset) ..
  9. Would be nice if its in black (since my room has a black theme, and JVC RS-46 is black too)
  10. A low lamp cost would be awesome ..
  11. Would like to avoid DLP Link if possible, as its not generally appreciated ..

My screen size would be about 115" or so, and the throw distance would be able 15' I think .. Room is light controlled (some light might leak in from under the door, etc), but I play video games with the lights on normally ..

So which one guys ? smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I think the Benq is DLP-link only and you said you want to avoid this (and rightly so). You didn't mention the Sharp 30000 -- I think you can find a refurbished unit for around $2,000. There's also the Optoma 8300 and refurbished ones sell for around $2,000.

You want great 3D; however, you'll have to give up some contrast as compared to something like the Epson 5030. You can get close with the Sharp, but the cheap DLPs aren't going to cut it when it comes to overall image quality and they'll have little to no placement flexibility.

Here's what Zombie (resident expert) had to say about the 5030 and 3D.

"I wouldn't upgrade a 5010 or 5020 for a 5030 if 2D was the only interest. The real change is the FI in 3D looks great and overall 3D performance is top of the game for non-DLP. Not perfect, but good enough for my critical eyes. The main factor is how well behaved it is with flicker, excellent for a non-DLP. I also like the factory RF glasses, my 2nd favorite vs. Sharp G20's."

A two projector setup (2D and 3D) is ideal, but you're going to be making some serious compromises when you want this type of setup for under $4,000.

BTW -- you should be asking these questions in the under $3,000 forum.
post #3 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I didn't even think about the Optoma 8300 for 3D
post #4 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 07:20 AM

I'm waiting BENQ w7500 DLP(specs & review) to decide my best 3d favorite;)

post #5 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by weblogic View Post

I'm waiting BENQ w7500 DLP(specs & review) to decide my best 3d favorite;)

It's gonna lose the race before it started if it's still DLP link only.
post #6 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoakdl View Post

I agree. I have compared DLP-link to IR glasses and I now have two pairs of DLP-link glasses gathering dust. Zombie posted some comparison pictures which clearly show the differences between DLP-link and IR glasses.
post #7 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:

Agreed, but has this been confirmed?

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #8 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Guys, I know everyone is excited for the Benq W7500, and I am too, frankly .. But since its not yet released, and because I have to finalize and purchase my hardware within 1-2 weeks, I have to leave that out of consideration ..

So can we discuss the projectors currently available ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post

You want great 3D; however, you'll have to give up some contrast as compared to something like the Epson 5030. You can get close with the Sharp, but the cheap DLPs aren't going to cut it when it comes to overall image quality and they'll have little to no placement flexibility.

Here's what Zombie (resident expert) had to say about the 5030 and 3D.

"I wouldn't upgrade a 5010 or 5020 for a 5030 if 2D was the only interest. The real change is the FI in 3D looks great and overall 3D performance is top of the game for non-DLP. Not perfect, but good enough for my critical eyes. The main factor is how well behaved it is with flicker, excellent for a non-DLP. I also like the factory RF glasses, my 2nd favorite vs. Sharp G20's."

So ........ are you saying that Epson 5030 offers better 3D than the Optoma and Benq models I've mentioned above ? ... Because in my other thread, the contrary was being said .. People were also of the opinion that DLP projectors generally rule in 3D, over LCD ones (maybe LCOS too) .. So kinda confused here ..

Also, you're saying the 3D of Sharp 30000 and Optoma 8300 is better than the models I mentioned above .. ? Because I'm seen a *lot* of praise on the forums here for the Optoma models especially, at least as far as their 3D is concerned ..
post #9 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post

Agreed, but has this been confirmed?

I'm trying to see if we can get a demo of the W7500, it should be possible and will know later in the week.

ahmadka - If you weren't set on a 2 projector setup, the Epson 5030 is a great balance between 2D and 3D performance. Maybe you should considering trying it. If it doesn't meet your expectations, you can flip it for a relatively minimal loss vs. the expense of diving directly into a 2 projector setup.

If you want to do the 2 projector setup right, you may consider avoiding the low cost 3D's without lens shift and with likely rainbow effect. Even the more expensive W7000 has it but should be better with the upcoming W7500. My Sharp XV-Z30000 is the first 3 DLP I've had that is excellent in controlling RBE. it's shame that it's discontinued, but still available new for $2699. I prefer it over the W7000 because it uses RF and the perceived contrast in 3D is better than the W7000. We'll have to see how it competes with the W7500.
post #10 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 09:33 AM

There is a big difference between 3D for gamming and 3D for cinema. Do you consider input lag as most important parameter?
Only fast mode(without FI, etc) on Epson 5030 is applicable for gaming.
post #11 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

In my locality, there is virtually no place where I can get to see a demo of the Epson 5030, or most other common projectors .. So my feedback is entirely based on what I've read online (and I've done a fair bit of review and forum reading) ..

The thing is, I really like to watch movies on Blu-ray a lot ! I have 500+ Blu-rays too ... So I want the 2D picture quality to be as awesome as possible, while remaining within a budget of $3500 or so .. This is why the JVC was recommended to me from several places, because its the benchmark as far as 2D quality is concerned, under the $5000 mark .. This is why I want to get the JVC RS-46 ..

I also want the 3D to be as good as possible, BUT, I don't want to spend too much on a second projector just for 3D, which has very limited content currently anyways ..

The Optoma models I've suggested above come highly recommended, which is why I'm heavily considering them for the second projector for 3D .. I CAN get a more expensive projector for 3D (e.g. Sharp 30000), but if the improvement is relatively small, I'd like to save my money for now and get a relatively budget 3D projector for 3D, and then upgrade later on once better budget projectors for good 3D come out ..

But having said the above, still I've seen a lot of people here saying that Optoma projectors are pretty awesome for 3D ...

So if the 3D quality difference between a budget projector (~$1000) and a $2000+ projector is relatively small, why invest in the more expensive option ?

Or is the difference pretty significant ?

Hope what I said above makes sense rolleyes.gif
post #12 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weblogic View Post

I don't game as often as I once used too, so I think minimal lag isn't exactly the top most priority .. I would give the quality of 3D more priority than the minimal lag requirement ..

However, even if there is a lag, I would want something with which I can still play 60 fps shooters without frequently noticing the lag ..
post #13 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

I have linked you to some user comments comparing the cheaper Optoma 3D projectors to the 8300. Check out the comments at the bottom of the page.

http://www.consignia.ca/refurbished-optoma-hd8300-hd83-full-1080p-3d-hdmi-v1-4-dlp-home-theater-projector-special-purchase/

and a review --

http://www.projectorreviews.com/optoma/hd8300/

Since this projector was introduced two years ago you can probably find one used or refurbished. Pair it with a HP screen and you should have bright, well colour saturated and x-talk fee 3D.
post #14 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post

Guys, I know everyone is excited for the Benq W7500, and I am too, frankly .. But since its not yet released, and because I have to finalize and purchase my hardware within 1-2 weeks, I have to leave that out of consideration ..

So can we discuss the projectors currently available ?
So ........ are you saying that Epson 5030 offers better 3D than the Optoma and Benq models I've mentioned above ? ... Because in my other thread, the contrary was being said .. People were also of the opinion that DLP projectors generally rule in 3D, over LCD ones (maybe LCOS too) .. So kinda confused here ..

Also, you're saying the 3D of Sharp 30000 and Optoma 8300 is better than the models I mentioned above .. ? Because I'm seen a *lot* of praise on the forums here for the Optoma models especially, at least as far as their 3D is concerned ..

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. There's a lot more to 3D quality than cross-talk free images. A bright 3D image with high contrast counts for a lot.

One of the reasons for all the praise for the cheap DLPs is because there are a great bang for the buck. That doesn't mean that the 3D they produce is in the same league as more expensive 3D DLPs.

You want all of this in a cheap DLP?

"Needs to be as awesome as possible in 3D ! biggrin.gif
3D has some good popping effects (like those in cinemas) ..
No (or negligible) crosstalk in 3D ..
No (or very low chance of) rainbows (for DLP only) smile.gif ..
Would be nice to have an option to zoom a 3D cinemascope movie to fill 16:9 screen (I don't mind the sides being cropped out) (for 3D and 2D video)..
Visually good/bright 3D for both completely dark (for movies) and lighted rooms (when playing video games)
Should have low/acceptable gaming lag, since I occasionally do game online (FPS, etc ..)
Would be nice to have some vertical/horizontal lens shift (installing 2 projectors side be side will require some offset) ..
Would be nice if its in black (since my room has a black theme, and JVC RS-46 is black too)
A low lamp cost would be awesome ..
Would like to avoid DLP Link if possible, as its not generally appreciated .."

I believe you'll only get close if you go with a used or refurb. Sharp 30000, Optoma 8300 or something similar. For what it's worth that's my 2 cents.
post #15 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. There's a lot more to 3D quality than cross-talk free images. A bright 3D image with high contrast counts for a lot.

One of the reasons for all the praise for the cheap DLPs is because there are a great bang for the buck. That doesn't mean that the 3D they produce is in the same league as more expensive 3D DLPs.

You want all of this in a cheap DLP?

"Needs to be as awesome as possible in 3D ! biggrin.gif
3D has some good popping effects (like those in cinemas) ..
No (or negligible) crosstalk in 3D ..
No (or very low chance of) rainbows (for DLP only) smile.gif ..
Would be nice to have an option to zoom a 3D cinemascope movie to fill 16:9 screen (I don't mind the sides being cropped out) (for 3D and 2D video)..
Visually good/bright 3D for both completely dark (for movies) and lighted rooms (when playing video games)
Should have low/acceptable gaming lag, since I occasionally do game online (FPS, etc ..)
Would be nice to have some vertical/horizontal lens shift (installing 2 projectors side be side will require some offset) ..
Would be nice if its in black (since my room has a black theme, and JVC RS-46 is black too)
A low lamp cost would be awesome ..
Would like to avoid DLP Link if possible, as its not generally appreciated .."

I believe you'll only get close if you go with a used or refurb. Sharp 30000, Optoma 8300 or something similar. For what it's worth that's my 2 cents.

I dunno, a lot of people actually recommend these benq/optoma models a lot ..

I read the 3D section here: http://www.projectorreviews.com/optoma/hd8300/

And here: http://www.projectorreviews.com/benq/w1070/index.php

I think the writer preferred the latter more ..

In the HD131xe thread, I've found several people saying that they love the output of their projector, that they're satisfied with it, and can live with it for maybe 4-5 years ..

But even then I probably agree that the result of the projectors you've mentioned is probably better ... But how much difference is there ? Is there a fairly significant difference in 3D quality, visually (i.e. from a layman's perspective) ? Because if its a relatively less noticeable visual difference, I don't mind paying half the price for a relatively budget 3D projector .. I can always upgrade later on when 3D tech is developed more ..

If you had to rate the overall visual quality of the Optoma HD131xe/HD25e/HD25-LV (basically a budget Optoma) between 1 and 100 (100 being perfect), what would you rate ?

Same question for Optoma HD8300 and Sharp 30000 .. smile.gif
post #16 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:

I dunno, a lot of people actually recommend these benq/optoma models a lot ..

I read the 3D section here: http://www.projectorreviews.com/optoma/hd8300/

And here: http://www.projectorreviews.com/benq/w1070/index.php

I think the writer preferred the latter more ..

In the HD131xe thread, I've found several people saying that they love the output of their projector, that they're satisfied with it, and can live with it for maybe 4-5 years ..

But even then I probably agree that the result of the projectors you've mentioned is probably better ... But how much difference is there ? Is there a fairly significant difference in 3D quality, visually (i.e. from a layman's perspective) ? Because if its a relatively less noticeable visual difference, I don't mind paying half the price for a relatively budget 3D projector .. I can always upgrade later on when 3D tech is developed more ..

If you had to rate the overall visual quality of the Optoma HD131xe/HD25e/HD25-LV (basically a budget Optoma) between 1 and 100 (100 being perfect), what would you rate ?

Same question for Optoma HD8300 and Sharp 30000 .. smile.gif

You have to realize that most people saying those things have never owned another projector or something that was actually better. I can tell you right now that I own the Optoma HD131Xe and a JVC DLA-X55R and I actually prefer the 3D image the JVC puts out. The Optoma has a slightly brighter image behind the glasses, but even with the glasses on, there is not enough contrast in the image. It looks washed out. Contrast is everything when it comes to a great looking image and I can tell you the Optoma is big step behind most of the competition. There's a reason they only cost $750. The Sharp will yield an image with a lot more contrast in the image and give you an image that is ghost free. My JVC currently has no visable ghosting, but once the lamp starts to age it will start to appear more and more. For now though, Id much prefer to watch a 3D movie on the JVC. I'm actually returning my Optoma HD131Xe on Monday to get a refund.
post #17 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

You have to realize that most people saying those things have never owned another projector or something that was actually better. I can tell you right now that I own the Optoma HD131Xe and a JVC DLA-X55R and I actually prefer the 3D image the JVC puts out. The Optoma has a slightly brighter image behind the glasses, but even with the glasses on, there is not enough contrast in the image. It looks washed out. Contrast is everything when it comes to a great looking image and I can tell you the Optoma is big step behind most of the competition. There's a reason they only cost $750. The Sharp will yield an image with a lot more contrast in the image and give you an image that is ghost free. My JVC currently has no visable ghosting, but once the lamp starts to age it will start to appear more and more. For now though, Id much prefer to watch a 3D movie on the JVC. I'm actually returning my Optoma HD131Xe on Monday to get a refund.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going try to get a Optoma 8300
post #18 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Damn, this is getting tough and tough ...

Are there any comparisons available anywhere, for comparing the 3D output of Optoma HD131xe, and that of Optoma HD8300 ? I'd really like to see the difference for myself if possible .. Maybe some pictures showing the HD131xe's 3D output, and then that from 8300 or Sharp 30000 ?

Secondly, even the refurb price for 8300 is like $2000+, and it gives only 90/30 days warranty .. I don't think I feel safe about that ..

I was really hoping to close the deal on Optoma HD131Xe, but now you guys have just confused me even more tongue.gif

Same question for Optoma HD8300 and Sharp 30000 ..
post #19 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Unfortunately you won't be able to see much difference with pictures. Differences in contrast is one of the hardest things to capture via digital photography. The Sharp has the capability to use it's DI in 3D which will greatly affect perceived contrast within the image.

The difference between the HD8300 and the HD131Xe would be 144hz Triple Flash on the 131Xe, 120Hz on the HD8300 (and Sharp XV-Z30000), higher brightness on the the HD131Xe, but higher contrast on the HD8300. So smoother and brighter 3D performance because of better compatibility with 24pfs material on the HD131Xe but higher contrast within the image on the HD8300 and Sharp XV-Z30000. The HD25e, HD25-LV, and HD131Xe are all basically the same exact projector. You'd be hard pressed to see any difference in it's 2D and 3D image. For a DLP projector I'd probably get the Sharp XV-Z30000 if you want some of the best 3D performance. Even though it doesn't have 144hz triple flash the pulldown at 120hz personally isn't a huge issue. My JVC runs 3D at 120hz too and the pulldown doesn't bother me much and like I said, the 3D image overall is more appealing on the higher contrast JVC even though it's a little dimmer, and a rare instance of ghosting (only if looking for it). Zombie is of the same opinion and is the main reason he likes the Sharp 30000 over the BenQ W7000. The higher contrast makes the image better overall.
post #20 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 140
There is no way to put a rating system number on it, the Sharp xvz-30000 is the best 3D projector overall as Zombie noted he has seen pretty much all of them except for the lowest end models. Only Seegs has seen the budget Optomas from those of us that have also owned higher-end projectors. I've seen the w1070 but not the Optoma hd131xe.

The Optoma hd8300 is a very good projector for both 2D and 3D, but I believe it is confined to DLP Link glasses (check the manual, I could be wrong, it might do IR or RF, no idea). If it only supports DLP Link, then the contrast won't be nearly as good as the Sharp xvz-30000 in 3D. If the hd8300 has RF or IR, then I do have a feeling it will match or beat the Sharp at 3D other than maybe brightness. Why? Because I am pretty sure the hd8300 has quite a bit higher native on/off than these other DLP's, it should be between 2000:1 and 4000:1 depending who you believe.

For 3D gaming I'd probably just buy a Benq w1070 or Optoma hd131xe, or if going with a single projector solution and you are more interested in movies, the best is going to be Epson 5030 or Sharp xvz-30000 most likely, though the hd8300 is good too but with DLP link it won't be as good in 3D movies with lots of dark scenes. I suppose some games are also abundant with dark scenes, but you can only do so much...

The reason you have analysis paralysis is because you want your cake and to eat it too, but with projectors you don't get cake, you only get the icing with a lack of substance down below. So the answer is, just make a decision based on gaming vs. movies and 2D importance vs. 3D importance. In projectors, there isn't one to rule them all, though some want to think there is.

Let's take my scenario, for instance most of the games I play except one doesn't have much dark scenes (though I really only play 2 games total anyhow), a few I will test and then say Nah I'm too old for this. So in the first game I play it is FSX (A flight sim). OK, moving on, for me in this particular game, I could care less about contrast, because 90% of the time I am flying in the day, not at night. Now on the other game, it is pure dark scenes, but I don't really play it anymore anyhow (X3). Did the lack of contrast ruin the game for me compared to the JVC, no not all, I was able to just play it with darker settings to compensate, but of course I'd have rather had more contrast, but I lived with it. You have to live with whatever you decide, that's called life smile.gif

My personal opinion as a 2D/3D single projector solution is to go with the Sharp xvz-30000, I would never buy an LCD if you will being doing any 3D gaming (of course that's just me, it doesn't mean I'm right or absolute)...

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #21 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

All of the Optoma 3D projectors have the option for the RF output. The HD8300 has the 3D sync port whereas the cheaper BenQ's are limited to DLP Link only, so their contrast performance will be even lower during 3D playback (compared to 2D) as the DLP Link glasses get synced via the white segment of the color wheel. Stick to a unit that has the option for IR or RF 3D sync for a more consistency with contrast. Like Coderguy said, if your main interest in 3D is gaming contrast performance is probably less of an issue, but if you want to enjoy 3D movies a higher contrast capable projector will give a much better overall experience. This is the main reason I'm returning the HD131Xe. For my taste it just can't compete, even behind the polarized glasses, to the JVC. I'm probably going to wait for a great deal on the Sharp XV-Z30000 as it's one of the last reasonably priced 3D DLP projectors that offers decent contrast performance. For now, while I have low hours on my JVC lamp, the 3D performance is more than satisfactory.
post #22 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Ahh, since the hd8300 has the port, then yah get the Sharp or the hd8300 (but the hd8300 will struggle with 3D brightness in a big way).

Keep in mind one caveat to the hd8300 in 3D and Benq w1070 and Optoma hd131xe is the inability to mount the projector near center-point for an HP screen, so neither the hd8300 or Benq w1070 will be as bright as the Sharp or the Benq w7000 or Epson 5030.

So in conclusion, my original idea for him stands, looks like the Sharp if he can still find one.

FYI:
Most Benq's including w7000 and w1070 don't have a white segment on the color wheel, the color wheels are RGBRGB...

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #23 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, that's an issue too if you want an absurdly large screen. The cheaper Optoma's all have a lens offset (I think it's 15%) and no lens shift, which makes it more of a pain to place it in relationship to your screen.
post #24 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

In my locality, there is virtually no place where I can get to see a demo of the Epson 5030, or most other common projectors .. So my feedback is entirely based on what I've read online (and I've done a fair bit of review and forum reading) ..
If you're looking at spending several thousand dollars on projector equipment and a space to house it, why don't you buy a cheap airline ticket and fly to a city that has multiple vendors with the equipment you'd like to see set up in a showroom? Bring some 2D and 3D Blu-rays with which you are intimately familiar with the content, and see how the equipment performs on challenging scenes. You may find that a single projector meets your expectations just fine, and get to spend a few enjoyable days away from home as well.

Reviews and (especially) pictures online are never going to give you whole picture (pun intended) ... smile.gif
post #25 of 39 Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Not meant in a derogatory manner at all, but judging from his online name, it might be a long flight...
If he is in the US though, I'd suggest Dallas as there are multiple Starpower showrooms in that one city, with one caveat, make sure to call them and ask if they have the Epson (I have no idea). They have a lot of Sony and JVC and Runco mostly.

post #26 of 39 Old 11-18-2013, 03:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I don't think there is anything offensive in that - could be the OP lives on an ice floe in Antarctica, or a hut (with good light control) on a Peruvian plateau. Wherever it is, they seem to have a good grasp of the 'westernized' English language - you don't hear 'awesome' a lot from people struggling to translate their thoughts ... smile.gif Yet another reason a location in the account profile can be useful - perhaps even someone local with projector equipment might be able to help out ...
post #27 of 39 Old 11-19-2013, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

I've sorta made up a decision, after thinking about it throughout the night tongue.gif

The unofficially official decision: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1500343/whats-the-most-appropriate-projector-screen-size-configuration-final-round#post_23967411

Please comment there on what are your thoughts on it ! smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

Not meant in a derogatory manner at all, but judging from his online name, it might be a long flight...
If he is in the US though, I'd suggest Dallas as there are multiple Starpower showrooms in that one city, with one caveat, make sure to call them and ask if they have the Epson (I have no idea). They have a lot of Sony and JVC and Runco mostly.

Didn't take any offence, and you guessed it right .. It will indeed be a long flight rolleyes.gif
post #28 of 39 Old 12-25-2013, 03:22 AM

Quote:

from http://www.projectorjunkies.com/?p=1712 comments

W7500 support RF glasses and it has a built in RF transmitter

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for new 3D gaming projector king =)

post #29 of 39 Old 12-25-2013, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I think reviewer misunderstood question at bottom the built in transmitter is dlp link the glasses they show are dlp link its sad they dont give people a chance to decide what glasses to use i would buy this projector if it gave me option for rf glasses
post #30 of 39 Old 12-25-2013, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk2293 View Post

I think reviewer misunderstood question at bottom the built in transmitter is dlp link the glasses they show are dlp link its sad they dont give people a chance to decide what glasses to use i would buy this projector if it gave me option for rf glasses

Many would if it was rf, I would definitely waited for it but I just got a Mitsubishi HC8000 to do my 3D.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv , Benq W1500 1080p Hd Wireless Dlp Home Theater Projector Silver , Optoma Hd131xe Dlp Projector 3d , Optoma Hd25e 2800 Ansi Lumens 3d Home Theater Projector , Optoma Hd25 Lv 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page