AVS Forum banner

Non JVC 3D Glasses for 4810 with PK-EM2 RF Transmitter

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  ClayliketheDIRT 
#1 ·
Hi All!

Been lurking for some time an, thanks to all the great advice in this thread, and the FABULOUS services of Mike @ AV Science, am now the proud owner of an RS4810!

LOVE IT!!!

I'll post my setup later, but I'm wresting with the 3D Glasses issue. My Wife is really bugging me on it ...!

The $180 each price tag
on the JVC glasses is absolutely ridiculous. I did get the RF transmitter for the PJ but I REFUSE to be highjacked for some plastic glasses.

I've looked high & low for info on this, read almost every post in this thread, and STILL am confused. Are there no after market glasses that work with the 4810 & the EM2 Emitter?????

I've been lead to believe that JVC chose a horizontal polarization, while most use vertical, but that can't be all there is to this. Would someone who understands this weigh in and help me solve this? My eyes are worn out from hours searching.... LOL!

Thanks folks!

All the Best, Bob M. aka PuterPro

See less See more
#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardvark  /t/1502144/non-jvc-3d-glasses-for-4810-with-pk-em2-rf-transmitter#post_24005879

Yes the Panasonic or cheap Samsung's 5100 or so works perfectly, the only reason to worry about getting the JVC glasses is if you screen retains polarity which you can search on here, very few do.

Whoo Hoo! I've heard good things about the Panny glasses (long time Panny Fan, they tend to make great products, I've got two Plasmas by them and countless other things...) Re: Screen -thanks, I'll look up my Carada Bright White screen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflguy  /t/1502144/non-jvc-3d-glasses-for-4810-with-pk-em2-rf-transmitter#post_24006875

Cheap Samsung 5100 glasses work just fine with this projector/emitter. I bought extra glasses though since they are not very sturdy.
Yeah, I looked at those and thought they were a bit flimsy, but the price sure is right.

Thanks to BOTH of you, another thing to be thankful for this weekend!!

All the Best, Bob M.

#5 ·
the samsungs are good if you ever intend to have large viewings. for 6-8 pairs, it's probably best you only buy one or two 'nice' ones, and spend 15-20bux a piece on the rest. i mean, they still work and function beautifully. they just aren't as sturdy, and let some light in from the side.

i bought an f8500 that came with 4 pairs of the 5100's, and honestly some days i prefer them to the jvc glasses. they are really light, and seem less intrusive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.