JVC X55R / RS56U possible upgrade from X7? Need Advice... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-04-2013, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have the JVC X7 I bought two years ago. Great picture and very nice black levels coming from an older Sony HD PJ. I know have the opportunity to grab either the X55R or a RS56U demo unit both under $3K here local in California.

The biggest question is will I see a major difference in updates such as contrast or black level performance coming from the X7? I dont watch 3D movies or play games. Movies only from my Oppo Blu-Ray player. Light controlled room.

Contrast ratio's vary between all three. Too hard to judge on that alone. I am still learning about the whole JVC PJ world. 4K upscaling is just a bonus.

For me the biggest change I would hope to gain would be black levels and sharpness if possible. That would be really nice.

Thanks guys for any advice you have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-22-2013, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 37
If both are the same price, pick the RS56 as it has the better contrast. As to if you'll see a difference, maybe or maybe not, it depends on how well your room is setup. If you have all dark, non-reflective surfaces, then yes. There are other advances in 3D, light output, gamma, CMS, etc. on these newer pjs that will make a nice upgrade. If you do not go with one of them, mind PMing me the location of them?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X75r , Jvc Dla Rs4810 3d Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page