What to do before the Sony technician arrives to upgrade your Sony VPL-VW1000ES to Sony VPL-VW1100ES status. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 12-08-2013, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 293
I thought I would start a thread on what you need to do before the Sony technician arrives to upgrade your VPL-VW1000ES.

First you need to enter your menu and set standby status to low and power saving to off. Turn off the projector. If hung, demount the projector and provide the technician with a clear area to work. The projector must be plugged in but not turned on. That's about all you have to do. The sony technician could change the two settings for you but that will slow done things trying to read the menu if the machine has bene dehung.

In advance, you could load the Sony server app on the tablet and provide a lan cable with a RJ45 male plug for the server and the other end connected to your internet switch or router/switch if you don't have a separate switch. I do not know if the technician will assist in the server activation but at least you will be ready to go from there. You will need a HDMI cable long enough to go from HDMI1 out on the server to HDMI 2 In on the projector.

Please feel free to comment and I will modify this post accordingly.

Here is the link from the 1000ES thread of the Sony technician training video on the upgrade procedures and for hooking up and activating the server.

http://youtu.be/ljxJh3qNWms

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-09-2013, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Thrang. How about a full tutorial here on getting the FMP-X1 up and running, There are certain steps that are not obvious in the App that have been reported in bits and snippets and where and how does one establish a content account with Sony. Can it be done prior to the upgrade or having a Sony 4k panel?

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #3 of 11 Old 12-09-2013, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Sony 4K Premium Service Activation Eligibility here. Interesting they do not list the 600!
post #4 of 11 Old 12-09-2013, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

It does list the VPL-vw1000ES but when you select that and enter the 1000ES seial number, it won't let you go further stating wait for more info (last summer wink.gif)

You need to call the phone number there and then you can proceed to set things up.

You need to go to sonyentertainmentnet.com and there you can set up your account. I big problem now is you need to get the server/tablet before Jan 1st or you will not get the free 10 titles. That freebee expires on January first and will not be extended. It has nothing to do with Sony electronics. Its from the Studio and they were dragged kicking and screaming.

Also when setting up the app on the tablet you need to establish a google app store account. There is now only one app to select, 4K Ultra. Once you get the app one must choose between audio on HDMI 1 or 2 on the server. you can't use both at the same time. If you can't get HDMI 2 to work, then use HDMI 1 and a yet non existent 4k splitter. smile.gif

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #5 of 11 Old 12-09-2013, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 84
post #6 of 11 Old 12-09-2013, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Have it on site and either be in good standing with your electric power company or have your standby power generator working. And ditto for your internet service if you want to activate your server.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #7 of 11 Old 12-12-2013, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

You need to go to sonyentertainment.com and there you can set up your account.

I already have the Sony Unlimited account. Is this the site you mean, and will the 4K service be a different login?

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/

Matt
post #8 of 11 Old 12-12-2013, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I fixed my failure to include network on my link. I don't know if the 4K service login will be different. Tomorrow I should activating a 84 inch panel but I have no experience with the upgraded 1100ES since mine has not be upgraded. You might want to ask Thrang but I doubt he has a Sony 4K display other than his upgraded 1000ES.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #9 of 11 Old 12-14-2013, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I hooked a server up to XBR-84X900A panel today. Hooked up everything, powered the server up, launched the app on the tablet, followed the prompts, created a Sony account, and bingo all the free stuff appeared under the pay for titles and played fine. Pretty similar to doing it on the 1100ES I suspect. If you establish an account before the technician gets there. You will be able to hook the server up and test the projectorwith 4K contents before the tech leaves if your unit is table mounted for the test. Its very quik as long as you have an account already established and establishing one is also quick.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #10 of 11 Old 12-16-2013, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I still don't understand if this is the same Sony account I already have...so I'd love to do it ahead of time, but I'm thinking I already have it.

Matt
post #11 of 11 Old 03-21-2014, 03:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is all this info still current?

Thanks guys!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector
Gear in this thread