Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread - Page 107 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 222Likes
post #3181 of 3202 Old 01-21-2015, 02:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I may have found the problem wrt my HDMI switching issue. If I leave MPC off when viewing 1080 content, then when I switch back to 1080 from 4k I have no issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3182 of 3202 Old 01-21-2015, 04:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Did anyone find out what 1211.7 firmware does and when or if it will be available?
post #3183 of 3202 Old 01-21-2015, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
Did anyone find out what 1211.7 firmware does and when or if it will be available?
Look four posts up from yours.
post #3184 of 3202 Old 01-21-2015, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Look four posts up from yours.
Thanks, I missed Kris's post about Firmware.
post #3185 of 3202 Old 01-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Followed up with JVC on the .7 firmware. The only difference between the .6 and the .7 firmware is the .7 conforms to the EU power standby regulation. Otherwise identical.

One thing I noticed about HDMI. I have the first fw update that was done and haven't installed any others since. Like everyone else my X700 is slow to lock on to HDMI signals, this is especially noticeable when you load a Blu-ray and you get the studio intro. I usually hear the intro but only see the very tail end of the clip. I run my video from an Oppo 103D to a Lumagen Radiance to the PJ. HDMI 2 of the Oppo feeds audio directly to an Anthem D2V but there is no output from the D2V to anything. I have the Radiance set to Game Mode On as I am only using it at the moment for CMS duties. Last month I had an Emotiva XMC-1 that I was auditioning. I used it in the EXACT SAME way, no output only the audio from my Oppo feeding it. But the HDMI synch time with the JVC was WAY faster. The image would be there almost instantly with those intros on discs. I have NO idea why this was the case as it isn't even this fast if I go Oppo to JVC and no other sources but it was a VERY noticeable difference. Just FYI.
Greetings,

Interesting Kris. I agree that is strange as my JVC is pretty much like everyone else when it comes to handshaking. It's stable so I am okay with it but I certainly wouldn't mind an improvement.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #3186 of 3202 Old 01-21-2015, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Finger print on the Lens...

Just in case anyone finds themselves in the same boat as I was in last weekend , then maybe this will help .

I decided to give the Lens on my JVC a bit of a clean as it was looking a little dusty and maybe a bit fogged . With the PJ off , I used some Lens cleaner and an eyeglass cloth to gently wipe the Lens face .
When I was done I blew on the lens to fog it to see if there was any streaking . OMG , there was a large fingerprint , mostly smudged and not mine , on the lower half of the Lens . I could not remove it . I was thinking that it has been there since the PJ was built and with the acids and oils in ones fingers and the bright photo etching the lamp can create I was looking at a permanent marking . I tried Isopropanol , Eyeglass Cleaners , Windex , and various other liquids without success . As I was about to give up and look for the crying towel I noticed a bottle of Computer Screen Anti Static Cleaner on the shelf . What the heck , tried everything else . Guess what , it worked ! One swipe took most of the fingerprint off and a second removed it completely and polished the Lens as well . Happy man again ! Can't tell you what was in it as there wasn't an ingredients label , which was odd . I tried locating the Manufacturer , Data Accessories Corporation Inc. , but had no success .

So , if you ever get to this point in your PJ's life be sure to try a PC Screen Anti Static Cleaner . Worked like a charm !

Scott_R_K

"Home Theatre is a Journey , not a Destination "
post #3187 of 3202 Old 01-21-2015, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
@ransomcosper You could consider picking up a meter used for calibration to quantitatively measure the video response of your JVC to see more precisely when then problem arises; I'd assume from your description your gamma curve will be out of whack. You could then try to use the JVC autocal software to re-calibrate the gamma and see if that helps. All this shouldn't be necessary, but short of just sending it into Mendtronix for evaluation, I'm not sure what else to suggest.
JJ, I appreciate your help and advise. I had a Sony demo guy come set up the ES55 for me and was remarkably surprised how it wasn't that much better outside of a crisper image with more greyscale, but he did show me how my whites were out of whack (pretty much just one shade of white) and there was some fragmenting (or outline) happening on edges. All I know is, I just want a projector that looks good like my RS15 did! So, I guess I'll be sending this one back.
post #3188 of 3202 Old 01-21-2015, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Followed up with JVC on the .7 firmware. The only difference between the .6 and the .7 firmware is the .7 conforms to the EU power standby regulation. Otherwise identical.

One thing I noticed about HDMI. I have the first fw update that was done and haven't installed any others since. Like everyone else my X700 is slow to lock on to HDMI signals, this is especially noticeable when you load a Blu-ray and you get the studio intro. I usually hear the intro but only see the very tail end of the clip. I run my video from an Oppo 103D to a Lumagen Radiance to the PJ. HDMI 2 of the Oppo feeds audio directly to an Anthem D2V but there is no output from the D2V to anything. I have the Radiance set to Game Mode On as I am only using it at the moment for CMS duties. Last month I had an Emotiva XMC-1 that I was auditioning. I used it in the EXACT SAME way, no output only the audio from my Oppo feeding it. But the HDMI synch time with the JVC was WAY faster. The image would be there almost instantly with those intros on discs. I have NO idea why this was the case as it isn't even this fast if I go Oppo to JVC and no other sources but it was a VERY noticeable difference. Just FYI.
I noticed the same thing with my WDTV and 4311. The movie starts playing but the screen is black for the first 3-5 seconds of the film. I notice that this happens because the WDTV menus are 1080p60 but the movie it 1080p24, so it has to switch modes. I tried setting my 4311 to force scale everything to 1080p24, and while it removed the delay, it played havoc with some of the 720p signals I get from my Dish STB. Since it's only a few seconds I'm not going to worry about it too much, plus it gives me a chance to get the masks in place for scope movies!

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
post #3189 of 3202 Old 01-22-2015, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
Liked: 400
We have a couple of 4910 B stock projectors coming - call if interested - they will go fast !

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
post #3190 of 3202 Old 01-22-2015, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
has anyone experienced this with their 4910..EASY fix or just defective. i am see the issue with no source./
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	495986  

In search of video bliss...

Last edited by mariob33; 01-22-2015 at 07:04 PM. Reason: add photos
post #3191 of 3202 Old 01-22-2015, 11:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Defective unfortunately.
post #3192 of 3202 Old 01-23-2015, 07:58 AM
Say No to Auto EQ

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 1100 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariob33 View Post
has anyone experienced this with their 4910..EASY fix or just defective. i am see the issue with no source./
I had that problem with my first rs40. They developed slowly, then eventually were there all the time, but you could only see during brighter scenes. Had to send it back in. Sorry for the bad news

(European models do not accept banana plugs.)

"If you done it, it ain't bragging." ~ Walt Whitman

AE TD12x SEOS12 Build

Beast's DIY Master Measurement Thread

DIY Emminence Coaxial Surround Thread

post #3193 of 3202 Old 01-23-2015, 08:12 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 826
Quote:
Greetings,

I had a similar problem. It occurred upon startup with the image behind the vertical lines appearing purplish. Restarting the projector rectified it.It began 9 months after I owned the 4910 and occurred five times over three months.

I contacted JVC and they replaced the projector.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #3194 of 3202 Old 01-23-2015, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Thanks all.. I actually just took possession of the unit and this is just what I like to call "bad mayonnaise"

In search of video bliss...
post #3195 of 3202 Old 01-24-2015, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Same as the others. I received mine with the same issue. Sent it back and got a new one. Over 400 hours later... still happy.
post #3196 of 3202 Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 4910 will not turn on?

Hoping someone could help me out. I cannot get my pj to turn on. When I try and turn it on, the green "on" light flashes three times but it just switches back to the red "standby" light.

I unplugged it for a few seconds and plugged it back in and tried it again, same thing 3 green light blinks and then a solid red standby light.

It was working fine last night when we used it last.

Also just FYI, it's only about 3 months old. Maybe 100 hours on it.

Any ideas or suggestions on what to try would be most appreciated.

Thanks
post #3197 of 3202 Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbriers01 View Post
Hoping someone could help me out. I cannot get my pj to turn on. When I try and turn it on, the green "on" light flashes three times but it just switches back to the red "standby" light.

I unplugged it for a few seconds and plugged it back in and tried it again, same thing 3 green light blinks and then a solid red standby light.

It was working fine last night when we used it last.

Also just FYI, it's only about 3 months old. Maybe 100 hours on it.

Any ideas or suggestions on what to try would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Unplug it over night and then try. a few seconds is not enough time for it to reset.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #3198 of 3202 Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Unplug it over night and then try. a few seconds is not enough time for it to reset.

Ok. I will try that and post in the morning. Any idea of what may be going on?

Thanks for the fast response.
post #3199 of 3202 Old Today, 03:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Quote:
Greetings,

I had a similar problem. It occurred upon startup with the image behind the vertical lines appearing purplish. Restarting the projector rectified it.It began 9 months after I owned the 4910 and occurred five times over three months.

I contacted JVC and they replaced the projector.

Regards,
Mine has done something like this at least six times now under 100 hours. When I called support they had me call one of their engineers. He had me reflash the firmware. Which seemed to work until Friday night. My unit starts up completely frozen with horizontal green and some purple banding. If I'm able to shut it down I have to unplug it, this is the only thing that temporally fixes it.

Did you call the general support number to arrange your exchange? My worry if I ship it, it won't act up at the repair center.

Last edited by Monkey_Man; Today at 03:59 AM.
post #3200 of 3202 Unread Today, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_Man View Post
Mine has done something like this at least six times now under 100 hours. When I called support they had me call one of their engineers. He had me reflash the firmware. Which seemed to work until Friday night. My unit starts up completely frozen with horizontal green and some purple banding. If I'm able to shut it down I have to unplug it, this is the only thing that temporally fixes it.

Did you call the general support number to arrange your exchange? My worry if I ship it, it won't act up at the repair center.
I had this happen only once on startup. It seems it had something to do with the sequence I turned the other components on. Guessing it is a handshke issue freezing everything. Try turning everything else on first and then turn on the projector. When I had this happen I had to turn off the projector wait 15 minutes to be sure the lamp cooled and restarted. If this does not work you probably will have to exchange the unit.
post #3201 of 3202 Unread Today, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
I had this happen only once on startup. It seems it had something to do with the sequence I turned the other components on. Guessing it is a handshke issue freezing everything. Try turning everything else on first and then turn on the projector. When I had this happen I had to turn off the projector wait 15 minutes to be sure the lamp cooled and restarted. If this does not work you probably will have to exchange the unit.
That's what I thought it was too. However it happens when the projector is turned on first or last in the chain. Sometimes it happens when the resolution changes. First issue was the network capacities would randomly drop out the first month I had it. That was only fixed when I unplugged the unit as well. I wish at that point I would have contacted Mike at the AVS about the issue. Well I guess I paid extra for the 4910 because of the warranty, I might as well use it. Glad I still have the double box.
post #3202 of 3202 Unread Today, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey_Man View Post
That's what I thought it was too. However it happens when the projector is turned on first or last in the chain. Sometimes it happens when the resolution changes. First issue was the network capacities would randomly drop out the first month I had it. That was only fixed when I unplugged the unit as well. I wish at that point I would have contacted Mike at the AVS about the issue. Well I guess I paid extra for the 4910 because of the warranty, I might as well use it. Glad I still have the double box.
Guess at this point you will have to use your warranty. Someone a while ago said that JVC changed their HDMI boards. Not sure if this is true or false.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page