Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread - Page 133 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 461Likes

post #3961 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Wish me luck, I just sent my 4910 for repair Monday. The DI does not open and close properly and gets stuck. I've had the issue for a few months now but decided to wait for our second child to be born to send it in. Figured I might as well get all the use I can out of it....I sure as heck won't be able to use it much for the next few months of sleep deprivation anyway! Hoping they can replace the DI and the PJ comes back otherwise unchanged and unharmed!

When it's back I am going to try a combination of the JVC Autocal process to get a flatter starting gamma with my usual i1pro/c6 combo to correct from there. I did notice that while all colors measured under dE3 when new, after 100 hours some were pushing 5. Seems maybe JVC runs autocal for each unit before shipping? That would account for the drift. And gamma is really a pain with the new 3 point controls. Apparently the autocal process can use more internal points to correct.

I tired firing up the old RS40, but it now seems to be dead so I am projector-less for a few weeks.

Fingers crossed for a fast repair and safe trip back to me....and hopefully no unexpected issues or damage like finger prints on lenses or dust blobs, etc! At $90 to ship insured from philly to pittsburgh, I don't want to have to do this again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3962 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 09:22 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2158 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post
Wish me luck, I just sent my 4910 for repair Monday. The DI does not open and close properly and gets stuck. I've had the issue for a few months now but decided to wait for our second child to be born to send it in. Figured I might as well get all the use I can out of it....I sure as heck won't be able to use it much for the next few months of sleep deprivation anyway! Hoping they can replace the DI and the PJ comes back otherwise unchanged and unharmed!

When it's back I am going to try a combination of the JVC Autocal process to get a flatter starting gamma with my usual i1pro/c6 combo to correct from there. I did notice that while all colors measured under dE3 when new, after 100 hours some were pushing 5. Seems maybe JVC runs autocal for each unit before shipping? That would account for the drift. And gamma is really a pain with the new 3 point controls. Apparently the autocal process can use more internal points to correct.

I tired firing up the old RS40, but it now seems to be dead so I am projector-less for a few weeks.

Fingers crossed for a fast repair and safe trip back to me....and hopefully no unexpected issues or damage like finger prints on lenses or dust blobs, etc! At $90 to ship insured from philly to pittsburgh, I don't want to have to do this again!
Congrats on the second child. Hopefully the repair process on your projector goes smooth, but i doubt that you even think too much about your projector for a while.

AV Geek for life. :) Contact for advice and help.
post #3963 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Congrats on the second child. Hopefully the repair process on your projector goes smooth, but i doubt that you even think too much about your projector for a while.

Oh I will....I need to keep sane! Plus it's way too expensive an item not to make sure its right.
post #3964 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
I actually had first set up my theater a month before my second child was born (first child was 2 years at the time) -- those first few months are when I put the most hours on the projector -- so I hope you get yours back ASAP Congratulations!

For Sale: ISCO Cinema DLP 1.25x Anamorphic Lens for Sony 4K Projectors
Small 12' wide x 10' deep HT: JVC RS4910, Mits HC7900DW DLP, Falcon AT Vision HD 2.35:1, Triad In-wall Gold Omni SE, In-wall Silver Surrounds, PSA XS15-base, Marantz SR7008, Oppo 103D, Tivo Mini, HTPC
post #3965 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
I actually had first set up my theater a month before my second child was born (first child was 2 years at the time) -- those first few months are when I put the most hours on the projector -- so I hope you get yours back ASAP Congratulations!
My daughter is 4.5 and she likes watching movies on the big screen. This one doesn't sleep at all yet! So it will be a challenge to work on anything. But I'll get to it somehow....it's not like I'm sleeping anyway!

Can't wait until they are both old enough for LOTR/Star Wars/Harry Potter,etc marathons!
post #3966 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 10:09 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
My daughter is 4.5 and she likes watching movies on the big screen. This one doesn't sleep at all yet! So it will be a challenge to work on anything. But I'll get to it somehow....it's not like I'm sleeping anyway!

Can't wait until they are both old enough for LOTR/Star Wars/Harry Potter,etc marathons!
Enjoy them while you have them and spend as much time with them as you can. They grow up fast. Mine are 15 (boy) and my little girl turns 21 this summer.

post #3967 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
How many hours on that lamp ? I'd replace it before it possibly explodes inside your projector.
I have close to 3700 ECO hours on it. Still under the aprox. 4000h they say it lasts.. But perhaps I'll change it.
post #3968 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Projector Addict !

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNetRunner View Post
I have close to 3700 ECO hours on it. Still under the aprox. 4000h they say it lasts.. But perhaps I'll change it.

4000 hours is an " engineer's estimate in Heaven " - you had better change it. I've never gotten close to those kind of hours - it's probably way too dim for my tastes.
iNetRunner likes this.

Home theater builder and enthusiast since 2002. PM me for advice or help anytime !
Theater pics - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514
post #3969 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

I have a RS6710 with a network problem and I am hoping someone can help. Here is the background. When I received the projector I pulled it out of the box and fired it up to check for operation and a picture. It worked great. So I put it back in the box while the theater was being completed.

That has now happened and I hung the projector today. The projector fires up fine and I get a picture. Rather the problem I am having is the network connection does not respond. This is going to be used to control the projector via Irule.

The network connector has two led's one green and one yellow. The yellow led which should flash during any network activity is solid yellow whether a cable is attached or not.

The green led does light up when a cable is connected as it should.

I tried both manually assigning IP address and DHCP. Neither works and I am not able to ping the projector.

I have verified the cable is good by attaching my laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am posting here because this forum gets more traffic and I am sure the network protocols are the same.

Mark
post #3970 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 914 Post(s)
Liked: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Guebert View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a RS6710 with a network problem and I am hoping someone can help. Here is the background. When I received the projector I pulled it out of the box and fired it up to check for operation and a picture. It worked great. So I put it back in the box while the theater was being completed.

That has now happened and I hung the projector today. The projector fires up fine and I get a picture. Rather the problem I am having is the network connection does not respond. This is going to be used to control the projector via Irule.

The network connector has two led's one green and one yellow. The yellow led which should flash during any network activity is solid yellow whether a cable is attached or not.

I tried both manually assigning IP address and DHCP. Neither works and I am not able to ping the projector.

I am posting here because this forum gets more traffic and I am sure the network protocols are the same.

Mark
Try switching the PJ off, wait until the red light at the front is on, then unplug power until the red light goes off (10-30secs). This will reset the network card.

Plug power cord back in, switch back on and check again.

If HDCP doesn't work, try setting the IP address / address mask manually, and reserving the address in the LAN config of your router using the MAC address of the PJ to make sure another device doesn't hijack the IP address.

Also when you use iRule you need to send a PJREQ every 5 secs for the PJ to stay awake. Look for it in the iRule forums for detailed instructions.

EDIT: here is a link: https://irule.desk.com/customer/port...tor-ip-control

Good luck!
post #3971 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Try switching the PJ off, wait until the red light at the front is on, then unplug power until the red light goes off (10-30secs). This will reset the network card.

Plug power cord back in, switch back on and check again.

If HDCP doesn't work, try setting the IP address / address mask manually, and reserving the address in the LAN config of your router using the MAC address of the PJ to make sure another device doesn't hijack the IP address.

Also when you use iRule you need to send a PJREQ every 5 secs for the PJ to stay awake. Look for it in the iRule forums for detailed instructions.

EDIT: here is a link: https://irule.desk.com/customer/port...tor-ip-control

Good luck!
Ok I tried the power reset you suggested, when I plug the projector back in the yellow activity light comes on immediately even with no cable connected. However when I powered up the projector it seemed to get an IP.

I cannot see the projector in the router DHCP list. So I enabled a fixed IP and I can ping the projector, still a no go controlling it with irule though.

Mark
post #3972 of 4559 Old 05-22-2015, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ok I tried the power reset you suggested, when I plug the projector back in the yellow activity light comes on immediately even with no cable connected. However when I powered up the projector it seemed to get an IP.

I cannot see the projector in the router DHCP list. So I enabled a fixed IP and I can ping the projector, still a no go controlling it with irule though.

Mark

Did you follow the instructions for iRule regarding repeating a PJREQ every 5s?

Edit:

If you have, if you're using an iPad/iPhone with iRule, you could try installing the JVC iOS control software to see if it works and can see the PJ.

If you can establish a connection between the iPad and the PJ using the JVC iPad software, ask for support in the iRule forum as the problem is with iRule.

If you can't, get in touch with your dealer/JVC as the network board of the PJ might be defective.

At least you'll have ruled iRule out (no pun intended) and can get support from JVC.

Last edited by Manni01; 05-23-2015 at 12:49 AM.
post #3973 of 4559 Old 05-26-2015, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Mark
Turn off "eco mode"; I could not get networking to work with that enabled regardless of setting. This mode was some sort of power savings mode for standby - fluff.
post #3974 of 4559 Old 05-26-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:

Edit:

If you have, if you're using an iPad/iPhone with iRule, you could try installing the JVC iOS control software to see if it works and can see the PJ.

If you can establish a connection between the iPad and the PJ using the JVC iPad software, ask for support in the iRule forum as the problem is with iRule.

If you can't, get in touch with your dealer/JVC as the network board of the PJ might be defective.

At least you'll have ruled iRule out (no pun intended) and can get support from JVC.
Yes I did try that. I am using an android table but I have an IOS device so I can try that suggestion. Thanks.
post #3975 of 4559 Old 05-26-2015, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfly85 View Post
Turn off "eco mode"; I could not get networking to work with that enabled regardless of setting. This mode was some sort of power savings mode for standby - fluff.
I verified ECO mode is off.
post #3976 of 4559 Old 05-27-2015, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I just want to say that I recently upgraded to this projector from a Sony HW55ES and to me, the difference is night and day.

I had the Sony paired with an SI Black Diamond screen and now I have the JVC paired with a SI "pure white" screen, so in theory, I downgraded my screen. In reality, movies have never looked better. My current screen is a 133" diagonal 2.35:1 screen and my old screen was a 120" 1:9 screen so if anything, PQ should not be as good especially since I use the "zoom method" to fill the screen when watching 2.35 content.

Don't get me wrong, the Sony was very good but with the JVC, the picture quality is jaw dropping, almost 3D and life like especially when watching good content like "Baraka" or 4K videos on YouTube. I haven't even calibrated the JVC and just keep it on "cinema" mode. Overall, very happy with the projector!
post #3977 of 4559 Old 05-27-2015, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 94
I'd say you upgraded your screen as well! nothing wrong with the BD if used in the right conditions but for viewing in the dark your current screen is a better choice. The JVC is a nice upgrade!
post #3978 of 4559 Old 05-27-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:

Edit:

Thanks for the suggestions, I can talk to the PJ with the IOS app, so it appears to be an Irule config issue
post #3979 of 4559 Old 05-27-2015, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions, I can talk to the PJ with the IOS app, so it appears to be an Irule config issue

You're welcome, glad we could nail it down.

Make sure you use the correct gateway (the PJ IP address, port 20554, TCP protocol) as well as the procedure to send a PJ Req every 5Sec to keep the com open. These are documented if you search for JVC in the iRule forum. If it still doesn't work then you should open a thread there.

By the way make sure all the other apps talking to the JVC are off when trying to use iRule or it won't work.

Good luck!
post #3980 of 4559 Old 05-27-2015, 09:18 AM
Projector Addict !

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjay71 View Post
I just want to say that I recently upgraded to this projector from a Sony HW55ES and to me, the difference is night and day.

I had the Sony paired with an SI Black Diamond screen and now I have the JVC paired with a SI "pure white" screen, so in theory, I downgraded my screen. In reality, movies have never looked better. My current screen is a 133" diagonal 2.35:1 screen and my old screen was a 120" 1:9 screen so if anything, PQ should not be as good especially since I use the "zoom method" to fill the screen when watching 2.35 content.

Don't get me wrong, the Sony was very good but with the JVC, the picture quality is jaw dropping, almost 3D and life like especially when watching good content like "Baraka" or 4K videos on YouTube. I haven't even calibrated the JVC and just keep it on "cinema" mode. Overall, very happy with the projector!

A good white screen is always a good choice. As is the JVC RS4910. And nothing wrong with using the zoom method either - I've been using it for many years, with a 3 chip DLP and now with a VW600.

Home theater builder and enthusiast since 2002. PM me for advice or help anytime !
Theater pics - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2386514
post #3981 of 4559 Old 05-27-2015, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread

Hey guys, I will probably be getting a B-Stock RS4910 from AVS in a few months and I have started looking for a screen to pair up the projector with.

I will be projecting a 125" 2.35:1 (CIH setup) image from a distance of 15'-3", give or take a few inches. The main seating will be from a distance of 11 feet.

Is this a good screen?:

Elite Screens Sable Frame 2 Series, Fixed Frame Home Theater Projection Screen, 125-inch Diagonal 2.35:1, ER125WH2-Wide

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SI6TDP6..._azLzvb1K3QDJ9

The room is completely light controlled, where during the daytime, it can be made very dim by the use of blackout curtains on two windows and sliding glass doors, while at night, it can be pitch black to the point where you can't even see your hand in front of your face with all lights off.

Thanks for any advice!

Efrain "AviatorBimmer" Ruiz
ERuiz's Samsung UN65JS8500 Calibration
post #3982 of 4559 Old 05-27-2015, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 20
while that screen looks like a bargain compared to the Stewarts and others, I wouldn't expect you will see that much improvement over a DIY screen with Blackout cloth. If you have any basic skills and tools, a DIY screen that size should run you under $100.

It's what I've been using for 14 years now, across 5 projectors. Every few years I'll get an itch to upgrade to a pro screen, get some samples, and after comparing them with the screen I have, shelve the idea of an upgrade. I NEVER see that much of benefit to the samples, but I do see plenty to spook me off in terms of hot spotting and uneven gain across the viewing axis. Somewhere I read that blackout cloth only yields a .9 gain, but it's fully uniform across the surface and from every angle and I honestly never question the screen when I have a concern about the image.
Surface texture of the blackout cloth looks remarkably similar to the texture of that Elite too.

Last edited by Paulidan; 05-27-2015 at 08:09 PM.
post #3983 of 4559 Old 05-28-2015, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I just received my used Radiance XS-3D.
It does an amazing job improving PQ for DVDs, and also for older blurays (example: Star Wars IV). Better noise reduction and scaling. Very Happy!

Now, I cant wait to try and autocalibrate the JVC (chromapure advanced autocal and Lumagen XS). I expect to be happily surprised!

Stef
post #3984 of 4559 Old 05-28-2015, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question on 4K content - YouTube and Netflix

Has anyone tried doing an A/B comparison using the X500 to view the same content in 4K and 1080p? I am curious if there is a noticeable difference.

The reason I ask is that I have my X500 hooked up to my HTPC that only has a 1080p Video Card and was thinking of upgrading to a newer Video Card that'll do 4K. I am very happy with the 1080p content I watch now and didn't want to spend the money if the difference wasn't there.

If I understand correctly the X500 takes 4K content and then down-converts it to 1080p and then does the e-Shift on the 1080p image - not taking the 4K image doing the e-Shift to it.
post #3985 of 4559 Old 05-28-2015, 11:57 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpersaud View Post
Question on 4K content - YouTube and Netflix

Has anyone tried doing an A/B comparison using the X500 to view the same content in 4K and 1080p? I am curious if there is a noticeable difference.

The reason I ask is that I have my X500 hooked up to my HTPC that only has a 1080p Video Card and was thinking of upgrading to a newer Video Card that'll do 4K. I am very happy with the 1080p content I watch now and didn't want to spend the money if the difference wasn't there.

If I understand correctly the X500 takes 4K content and then down-converts it to 1080p and then does the e-Shift on the 1080p image - not taking the 4K image doing the e-Shift to it.
No, does not down-convert 4k to 1080P and then up-convert using E-shift.

post #3986 of 4559 Old 05-28-2015, 12:03 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
No, does not down-convert 4k to 1080P and then up-convert using E-shift.
I didn't realize that. So back to my original question, has anyone done an A/B comparison between 4K Netflix/YouTube (House of Cards) and 1080p of the same content on the X500? Would be very interested in their comments.

Thanks!
post #3987 of 4559 Old 05-28-2015, 01:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpersaud View Post
I didn't realize that. So back to my original question, has anyone done an A/B comparison between 4K Netflix/YouTube (House of Cards) and 1080p of the same content on the X500? Would be very interested in their comments.

Thanks!
I have not. I have been patiently (yeah right) waiting for 4K BD.

post #3988 of 4559 Old 05-29-2015, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
X500 - 4K Credentials

I've been using my X500 with 4K content so hopefully I can pass on some useful info about this.

I have the X500 and running the Nuvola NP-1 player (HDMI 1.4). Nuvola own Ultraflix which uses an android ap to rent 4K films and videos. They have a limited catalogue of Hollywood films, such titles as Interstellar, GI Joe, Rain Man and Robocop. They also have lots of videos such as IMAX produced films and documentaries.

Having watched their Interstellar in 4K all I can is WOW! The picture is truely amazing on the X500. It's a definite step up from Bluray 1080p. But without seeing it on a true 4K projector it's hard to compare how the X500 eshift performs. I'd compare the difference in picture as watching 1080 vs 720, rather than a bigger jump of 1080 vs DVD. Here's the problem with 4K internet vs Disc; Ultraflix max data transfer is at 18Mbs. (I have super fast fibre Internet) When compared to a Bluray which will run at 54mbs there is so much quality streaming over the Internet will lose vs disc, which is why when 4K-Discs (4k Bluray etc) comes out, that will be the real game changer. I have played some 4K film trailers through the NP-1 on a USB stick, downloaded from Internet; they have been at 30-40mbs and look spectacular. Also to mention is that the NP-1 can display photos on a memory stick using the android app, all in stunning 4K.

The other problem with the NP-1/Ultraflix is the sound. I believe the android app can't process 5.1, so you really lose out on the sound experience. forget 5.1, True HD and Atmos. My setup is Atmos compatible too and therefore the only Atmos I can use is a handful of Bluray movies (Atmos is amazing might I say).

The obvious limitation is the lack of 4K content. Ultraflix really lacks a library of Hollywood films, they seem to add a new blockbuster every month. So it just doesn't make sense to go all out buying an expensive full 4K projector just yet; what do you expect to watch in 4K on it?

Which leads me onto the X500's lack of h.265 and HDMI 2 support. YouTube 4K, Netflix and Amazon 4k streaming services are all h.265 coded which means the x500 can't process it, not forgetting that there is no box which can actually stream these services to the x500 anyway. Not that these have huge 4K/UHD libraries too. Only the Nuvola NP-1 is currently compatible with the X500, and none of the Amazon/Netflix 4K apps are available on it.
I see that Nvidia have their Nvidia SHIELD Android 4K TV box to be imminently released, which hopefully might be h.264 compatible for us X500 owners, and have better library than Ultralfix hopefully. It will bring 4K gaming too, so that might be a very interesting development and big gain over playstaion/Xbox.

Ultimately I can see myself continuing to watch 1080p Bluray films as the mainstay of my film watching, and the X500 does an amazing job with the up scaling eshift and produces a fabulous image. I will enjoy the new Dolby Atmos blurays too.

The 4K which can be watched on my NP-1 is more of a gimmick and a way to show off the 4K than a full library of films to watch on a continual basis.
DuaneAA likes this.
post #3989 of 4559 Old 05-29-2015, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by London101 View Post

Which leads me onto the X500's lack of h.265 and HDMI 2 support. YouTube 4K, Netflix and Amazon 4k streaming services are all h.265 coded which means the x500 can't process it, not forgetting that there is no box which can actually stream these services to the x500 anyway. Not that these have huge 4K/UHD libraries too. Only the Nuvola NP-1 is currently compatible with the X500, and none of the Amazon/Netflix 4K apps are available on it.
I see that Nvidia have their Nvidia SHIELD Android 4K TV box to be imminently released, which hopefully might be h.264 compatible for us X500 owners, and have better library than Ultralfix hopefully. It will bring 4K gaming too, so that might be a very interesting development and big gain over playstaion/Xbox.

Ultimately I can see myself continuing to watch 1080p Bluray films as the mainstay of my film watching, and the X500 does an amazing job with the up scaling eshift and produces a fabulous image. I will enjoy the new Dolby Atmos blurays too.

The 4K which can be watched on my NP-1 is more of a gimmick and a way to show off the 4K than a full library of films to watch on a continual basis.
I may be wrong, but from what I read, h265 support isnt an issue with the x500 but it's that the NP-1 does not support h265. Anything that decodes h265 and output 4k at 30fps or less should be supported on the x500 as the decoding isn't done on the display device. Lack of HDMI2 support should only come into play with copy protection and >30fps.
post #3990 of 4559 Old 05-29-2015, 09:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by London101 View Post
Which leads me onto the X500's lack of h.265 and HDMI 2 support. YouTube 4K, Netflix and Amazon 4k streaming services are all h.265 coded which means the x500 can't process it, not forgetting that there is no box which can actually stream these services to the x500 anyway. Not that these have huge 4K/UHD libraries too.
You misunderstand, video codec (ie h.265) has absolutely nothing to do with the display. HDMI only transports raw, decoded video, so video must be decoded on the player, the display doesn't know anything nor care about MPEG-2, H.264, VC1, VP9, H.265, whatever. It's the player that must handle h.265 not the display (X500/RS4910 or any other display). If you get a player that can decode H.265 it will work with the X500, save for any copy protection (HDCP 2.2) issues. If you hook up a PC to the X500, you can watch 4K youtube no problem, assuming your PC supports it.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page