Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread - Page 133 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 379Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #3961 of 3972 Old Today, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
curlyjive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Abington, PA
Posts: 1,396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Wish me luck, I just sent my 4910 for repair Monday. The DI does not open and close properly and gets stuck. I've had the issue for a few months now but decided to wait for our second child to be born to send it in. Figured I might as well get all the use I can out of it....I sure as heck won't be able to use it much for the next few months of sleep deprivation anyway! Hoping they can replace the DI and the PJ comes back otherwise unchanged and unharmed!

When it's back I am going to try a combination of the JVC Autocal process to get a flatter starting gamma with my usual i1pro/c6 combo to correct from there. I did notice that while all colors measured under dE3 when new, after 100 hours some were pushing 5. Seems maybe JVC runs autocal for each unit before shipping? That would account for the drift. And gamma is really a pain with the new 3 point controls. Apparently the autocal process can use more internal points to correct.

I tired firing up the old RS40, but it now seems to be dead so I am projector-less for a few weeks.


Fingers crossed for a fast repair and safe trip back to me....and hopefully no unexpected issues or damage like finger prints on lenses or dust blobs, etc! At $90 to ship insured from philly to pittsburgh, I don't want to have to do this again!
curlyjive is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3962 of 3972 Old Today, 09:22 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 10,085
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Liked: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post
Wish me luck, I just sent my 4910 for repair Monday. The DI does not open and close properly and gets stuck. I've had the issue for a few months now but decided to wait for our second child to be born to send it in. Figured I might as well get all the use I can out of it....I sure as heck won't be able to use it much for the next few months of sleep deprivation anyway! Hoping they can replace the DI and the PJ comes back otherwise unchanged and unharmed!

When it's back I am going to try a combination of the JVC Autocal process to get a flatter starting gamma with my usual i1pro/c6 combo to correct from there. I did notice that while all colors measured under dE3 when new, after 100 hours some were pushing 5. Seems maybe JVC runs autocal for each unit before shipping? That would account for the drift. And gamma is really a pain with the new 3 point controls. Apparently the autocal process can use more internal points to correct.

I tired firing up the old RS40, but it now seems to be dead so I am projector-less for a few weeks.


Fingers crossed for a fast repair and safe trip back to me....and hopefully no unexpected issues or damage like finger prints on lenses or dust blobs, etc! At $90 to ship insured from philly to pittsburgh, I don't want to have to do this again!
Congrats on the second child. Hopefully the repair process on your projector goes smooth, but i doubt that you even think too much about your projector for a while.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
post #3963 of 3972 Old Today, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
curlyjive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Abington, PA
Posts: 1,396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Congrats on the second child. Hopefully the repair process on your projector goes smooth, but i doubt that you even think too much about your projector for a while.

Oh I will....I need to keep sane! Plus it's way too expensive an item not to make sure its right.
curlyjive is offline  
post #3964 of 3972 Old Today, 09:47 AM
Senior Member
 
jjcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post
Wish me luck, I just sent my 4910 for repair Monday. The DI does not open and close properly and gets stuck. I've had the issue for a few months now but decided to wait for our second child to be born to send it in. Figured I might as well get all the use I can out of it....I sure as heck won't be able to use it much for the next few months of sleep deprivation anyway! Hoping they can replace the DI and the PJ comes back otherwise unchanged and unharmed!
I actually had first set up my theater a month before my second child was born (first child was 2 years at the time) -- those first few months are when I put the most hours on the projector -- so I hope you get yours back ASAP Congratulations!

For Sale: Panamorph DC1 (not yet listed, PM for details)
For Sale: Navitar SSW065 short throw conversion lens
WTB: Triad InCeiling / InWall Gold Omni SE's or Silver MiniMonitors
Small HT: JVC RS4910, Mits HC7900DW, Falcon 2.35:1 100-wide, Triad Gold Omni SE & Silver Surrounds, PSA XS15-base, Marantz SR7008, Oppo 103D, Lumagen 2143 (soon), Tivo Mini, HTPC
jjcook is offline  
post #3965 of 3972 Old Today, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
curlyjive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Abington, PA
Posts: 1,396
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
I actually had first set up my theater a month before my second child was born (first child was 2 years at the time) -- those first few months are when I put the most hours on the projector -- so I hope you get yours back ASAP Congratulations!
My daughter is 4.5 and she likes watching movies on the big screen. This one doesn't sleep at all yet! So it will be a challenge to work on anything. But I'll get to it somehow....it's not like I'm sleeping anyway!

Can't wait until they are both old enough for LOTR/Star Wars/Harry Potter,etc marathons!
curlyjive is offline  
post #3966 of 3972 Old Today, 10:09 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 10,085
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1616 Post(s)
Liked: 843
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post
My daughter is 4.5 and she likes watching movies on the big screen. This one doesn't sleep at all yet! So it will be a challenge to work on anything. But I'll get to it somehow....it's not like I'm sleeping anyway!

Can't wait until they are both old enough for LOTR/Star Wars/Harry Potter,etc marathons!
Enjoy them while you have them and spend as much time with them as you can. They grow up fast. Mine are 15 (boy) and my little girl turns 21 this summer.
Dave Vaughn, curlyjive and femi like this.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
post #3967 of 3972 Old Today, 10:17 AM
Member
 
iNetRunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 116
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
How many hours on that lamp ? I'd replace it before it possibly explodes inside your projector.
I have close to 3700 ECO hours on it. Still under the aprox. 4000h they say it lasts.. But perhaps I'll change it.
iNetRunner is offline  
post #3968 of 3972 Old Today, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 6,657
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNetRunner View Post
I have close to 3700 ECO hours on it. Still under the aprox. 4000h they say it lasts.. But perhaps I'll change it.

4000 hours is an " engineer's estimate in Heaven " - you had better change it. I've never gotten close to those kind of hours - it's probably way too dim for my tastes.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is offline  
post #3969 of 3972 Old Today, 02:49 PM
Member
 
Mark Guebert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hello everyone,

I have a RS6710 with a network problem and I am hoping someone can help. Here is the background. When I received the projector I pulled it out of the box and fired it up to check for operation and a picture. It worked great. So I put it back in the box while the theater was being completed.

That has now happened and I hung the projector today. The projector fires up fine and I get a picture. Rather the problem I am having is the network connection does not respond. This is going to be used to control the projector via Irule.

The network connector has two led's one green and one yellow. The yellow led which should flash during any network activity is solid yellow whether a cable is attached or not.

The green led does light up when a cable is connected as it should.

I tried both manually assigning IP address and DHCP. Neither works and I am not able to ping the projector.

I have verified the cable is good by attaching my laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am posting here because this forum gets more traffic and I am sure the network protocols are the same.

Mark
Mark Guebert is offline  
post #3970 of 3972 Old Today, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,112
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Guebert View Post
Hello everyone,

I have a RS6710 with a network problem and I am hoping someone can help. Here is the background. When I received the projector I pulled it out of the box and fired it up to check for operation and a picture. It worked great. So I put it back in the box while the theater was being completed.

That has now happened and I hung the projector today. The projector fires up fine and I get a picture. Rather the problem I am having is the network connection does not respond. This is going to be used to control the projector via Irule.

The network connector has two led's one green and one yellow. The yellow led which should flash during any network activity is solid yellow whether a cable is attached or not.

The green led does light up when a cable is connected as it should.

I tried both manually assigning IP address and DHCP. Neither works and I am not able to ping the projector.

I have verified the cable is good by attaching my laptop.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am posting here because this forum gets more traffic and I am sure the network protocols are the same.

Mark
Try switching the PJ off, wait until the red light at the front is on, then unplug power until the red light goes off (10-30secs). This will reset the network card.


Plug power cord back in, switch back on and check again.


If HDCP doesn't work, try setting the IP address / address mask manually, and reserving the address in the LAN config of your router using the MAC address of the PJ to make sure another device doesn't hijack the IP address.


Also when you use iRule you need to send a PJREQ every 5 secs for the PJ to stay awake. Look for it in the iRule forums for detailed instructions.

EDIT: here is a link: https://irule.desk.com/customer/port...tor-ip-control


Good luck!
Manni01 is online now  
post #3971 of 3972 Old Today, 03:30 PM
Member
 
Mark Guebert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Try switching the PJ off, wait until the red light at the front is on, then unplug power until the red light goes off (10-30secs). This will reset the network card.


Plug power cord back in, switch back on and check again.


If HDCP doesn't work, try setting the IP address / address mask manually, and reserving the address in the LAN config of your router using the MAC address of the PJ to make sure another device doesn't hijack the IP address.


Also when you use iRule you need to send a PJREQ every 5 secs for the PJ to stay awake. Look for it in the iRule forums for detailed instructions.

EDIT: here is a link: https://irule.desk.com/customer/port...tor-ip-control


Good luck!
Ok I tried the power reset you suggested, when I plug the projector back in the yellow activity light comes on immediately even with no cable connected. However when I powered up the projector it seemed to get an IP.

I cannot see the projector in the router DHCP list. So I enabled a fixed IP and I can ping the projector, still a no go controlling it with irule though.

Mark
Mark Guebert is offline  
post #3972 of 3972 Unread Today, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,112
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Guebert View Post
Ok I tried the power reset you suggested, when I plug the projector back in the yellow activity light comes on immediately even with no cable connected. However when I powered up the projector it seemed to get an IP.

I cannot see the projector in the router DHCP list. So I enabled a fixed IP and I can ping the projector, still a no go controlling it with irule though.

Mark

Did you follow the instructions for iRule regarding repeating a PJREQ every 5s?
Manni01 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off