Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread - Page 145 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 446Likes
post #4321 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
AV Science is a Key Digital dealer. I also posted a link to this device back on the 5th. Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread

Added
Here is a video of this device: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oySsxNszink
Sorry Mike, I missed that. If I knew you were a dealer I would have ordered it from you.
AV Science Sales 5 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4322 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 07:21 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne5w View Post
Yes on both, that's exactly how I have it configured.

I was looking at the quick start guide and there it shows the hdmi output of the Keydigital device going straight to the display and a separate audio feed going to an AVR sending PCM audio. I was referring to wether I could just use a the single hdmi output from the Keydigital device straight to an input on my AVR therefore sending video and audio at the same time and letting the AVR decode the raw HD bitstream audio. This is how I've got things hooked up now.....hdmi straight from my htpc and blu ray player into inputs 1 & 2 on the AVR.....and hdmi output from AVR to the projector......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4323 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giogt600 View Post
I was looking at the quick start guide and there it shows the hdmi output of the Keydigital device going straight to the display and a separate audio feed going to an AVR sending PCM audio. I was referring to wether I could just use a the single hdmi output from the Keydigital device straight to an input on my AVR therefore sending video and audio at the same time and letting the AVR decode the raw HD bitstream audio. This is how I've got things hooked up now.....hdmi straight from my htpc and blu ray player into inputs 1 & 2 on the AVR.....and hdmi output from AVR to the projector......

I am only using HDMI from the Keydigital to the AVR. I have all my source devices (7) going into the AVR with HDMI, and then HDMI out to the JVC.

Regards,
---Wayne.
giogt600 likes this.
post #4324 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I am only using HDMI from the Keydigital to the AVR. I have all my source devices (7) going into the AVR with HDMI, and then HDMI out to the JVC.

Regards,

---Wayne.

So are you saying that in your system.....the Keydigital unit is sitting after your AVR and before your projector in the video chain Wayne ? Please forgive me if this is not sinking in for me....as it all gets confusing sometimes for me....!!

post #4325 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
So are you saying that in your system.....the Keydigital unit is sitting after your AVR and before your projector in the video chain Wayne ? Please forgive me if this is not sinking in for me....as it all gets confusing sometimes for me....!!

No problem. No, the Keydigital sits between the Nvidia shield and the AVR. This is what the manufacturer recommended. I haven't tried putting it between the AVR and projector as I only have one 4k streaming device right now.
giogt600 likes this.
post #4326 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 771 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
AV Science is a Key Digital dealer. I also posted a link to this device back on the 5th. Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread

Added
Here is a video of this device: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oySsxNszink
Sorry Mike, I remembered you posted about it but I didn't know / forgot you were also a dealer. I've edited my post.
post #4327 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 07:49 AM

Quote:
No problem. No, the Keydigital sits between the Nvidia shield and the AVR. This is what the manufacturer recommended. I haven't tried putting it between the AVR and projector as I only have one 4k streaming device right now.

I don't think we have that Nvidia shield over here in the UK. So from my point of view.....a possible future configuration would be....output from a UHD player to the input of the keydigital....output of the keydigital to my AVR.....then AVR output to my Jvc projector ?

post #4328 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I don't think we have that Nvidia shield over here in the UK. So from my point of view.....a possible future configuration would be....output from a UHD player to the input of the keydigital....output of the keydigital to my AVR.....then AVR output to my Jvc projector ?

As long as the source device is HDCP 2.2 I think you are all set. I'd be surprised if the shield isn't available in UK soon.

Regards,
---Wayne.
giogt600 likes this.
post #4329 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
As long as the source device is HDCP 2.2 I think you are all set. I'd be surprised if the shield isn't available in UK soon.

Regards,
---Wayne.
If this article http://www.techradar.com/reviews/gam...1287106/review is to be believed, the nVidia shield is scheduled for a Q4 2015 release in Europe. Not sure if that means that 4K content will be available as well, as sometimes there is copyright issues (see the 4K sony server which never made it to our shores due to EU anti-competition laws).
giogt600 likes this.
post #4330 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 10:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)
Liked: 1052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Sorry Mike, I remembered you posted about it but I didn't know / forgot you were also a dealer. I've edited my post.
No problem Manni. I guess I should have gone into more detail with my first post. Looks like many did not click on the link and understand what was offered.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
post #4331 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Good to see the first successful test of such a device.
post #4332 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
No problem Manni. I guess I should have gone into more detail with my first post. Looks like many did not click on the link and understand what was offered.
Perhaps this will spurr the folks on at HD Fury...
post #4333 of 4437 Old 07-17-2015, 03:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Perhaps this will spurr the folks on at HD Fury...
With the cost of this unit, I would not worry about HDFury. It is a reasonable cost option that is available right now.

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
post #4334 of 4437 Old 07-20-2015, 06:49 PM

Darbee and JVC x500

Hi Folks...

I'm considering buying an Oppo Blu Ray player...is anyone running Darbee with their x500? Is the extra cost of the oppo with darbee worth the improved video results or is the x500 just fine without Darbee...thanks folks
post #4335 of 4437 Old 07-20-2015, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi Folks...

I'm considering buying an Oppo Blu Ray player...is anyone running Darbee with their x500? Is the extra cost of the oppo with Darbee worth the improved video results or is the x500 just fine without Darbee...thanks folks
I don't have an Oppo player or a Darbee, but I have done some reading on it, the Darbee that is.
They recommend that it be placed in between the projector and the HDMI cable _ the last link in the chain so the Darbee is not affected by any other processing other then what the projectors functions are.

This can't be done if the Darbee is part of the Oppo player or if you want to watch any other content other then from your Oppo, the Darbee in the Oppo player becomes useless.
I would keep them separate.
Someone else will have to chime in here weather or not the Darbee is a good match with the 500.

Last edited by JeffR1; 07-20-2015 at 07:08 PM.
post #4336 of 4437 Old 07-20-2015, 07:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Hi Folks...

I'm considering buying an Oppo Blu Ray player...is anyone running Darbee with their x500? Is the extra cost of the oppo with darbee worth the improved video results or is the x500 just fine without Darbee...thanks folks
Darbee is a nice add to a projector system. I have been using one for several years. Mine is stand alone, but back when I got mine, you could not buy any products with Darbee processing built in. Since it is only $100 extra, I would get the 103D. The Darbee thread starts out pretty funny. There are some purists that were against the thought of a Darbee. Later in the thread these same guys try a Darbee and become some of it's biggest supporters. AV Science is an Oppo dealer.
mbw23air and giogt600 like this.

post #4337 of 4437 Old 07-20-2015, 11:58 PM
AVS Special Member

The clear black feature in the X500 gives a very similar effect to the Darbee and it's free The X500 is very touchy with hdmi handshake, I had to find a way to get rid of my Radiance before I could purchase one, and I wouldn't add a separate Darbee for the same reason. It caused many issues with my X30 when I tried one, and the X30 didn't have the flaky HDMI of the X500.

So my advice, if you want one, is to get one integrated in the device you're going to use, whether an Oppo or a Radiance, to limit the risks of HDMI handshake issues.

But you should try clear black on the X500 (in low unless you like an overcooked picture). It does a great job at sharpening the picture without too many downsides.

Always a taste thing though, and it has to be switched off occasionally (like the Darbee) as it can add some noise with less than pristine content.

Last edited by Manni01; 07-21-2015 at 12:04 AM.
post #4338 of 4437 Old 07-21-2015, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
I own a Benq W7000 and thinking about replacing it by an JVC X500

Has someone experience with W7000 and this JVC.
What I like about the W7000,

Colors, (after calibration.)
Brightness.
Motion.
Sharpness.
3D

Cons,
black level.
Projector noise.

I use the projector in the living room. It is not totally black but very dark when we watch our projector.
I use a Seymour screen 110".
Will this projector be an update for me or wouldn't it make much difference. I use the Benq in low lamp mode but still it makes a lot of noise. I was just wondering if the native contrast of the JVC would make a big difference. 3D is not that important for me.
We had a look at de Sony HW55es but I was not impressed. Motion artefacts and no wow factor as I hoped for. the sharpness of the Sony was of no comparison with the Benq W7000. But the Sony was silent.
Hoping the JVC is better. I love smooth motion, I kind of like the soap opera effect. I Love to see movies that are smooth like real life and not missing half of the information.
Hope you can give me some advice.
Twan

Last edited by twanvlem; 07-21-2015 at 02:13 AM. Reason: forgot the smooth motion.
post #4339 of 4437 Old 07-21-2015, 04:04 AM

Quote:
The clear black feature in the X500 gives a very similar effect to the Darbee and it's free The X500 is very touchy with hdmi handshake, I had to find a way to get rid of my Radiance before I could purchase one, and I wouldn't add a separate Darbee for the same reason. It caused many issues with my X30 when I tried one, and the X30 didn't have the flaky HDMI of the X500.

So my advice, if you want one, is to get one integrated in the device you're going to use, whether an Oppo or a Radiance, to limit the risks of HDMI handshake issues.

But you should try clear black on the X500 (in low unless you like an overcooked picture). It does a great job at sharpening the picture without too many downsides.

Always a taste thing though, and it has to be switched off occasionally (like the Darbee) as it can add some noise with less than pristine content.
Thanks...tried it this morning...I used to have a Darbee...yup, clear black is similar in impact...unfortunate it only has a low and high setting...a medium would be nice...

Probably no use for a Darbee, given clear black...thanks again...
post #4340 of 4437 Old 07-21-2015, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks...tried it this morning...I used to have a Darbee...yup, clear black is similar in impact...unfortunate it only has a low and high setting...a medium would be nice...

Glad it helped

If you'd like something in between low and high for clear black, you can select low and try to play with the MPC settings and raise the enhance parameter a bit (it's the equivalent of sharpness). This might lead you to increase smoothing a bit as well to compensate, but you might find a balance that suits you playing with these in combination. Just don't go mad beacause they can hurt the picture if not used in moderation. You can try having different user modes according to the content (with different settings for pristine bluray and less perfect titles).
post #4341 of 4437 Old 07-21-2015, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Glad it helped

If you'd like something in between low and high for clear black, you can select low and try to play with the MPC settings and raise the enhance parameter a bit (it's the equivalent of sharpness). This might lead you to increase smoothing a bit as well to compensate, but you might find a balance that suits you playing with these in combination. Just don't go mad beacause they can hurt the picture if not used in moderation. You can try having different user modes according to the content (with different settings for pristine bluray and less perfect titles).
Great approach, I'll give it a try, Thanks again!
post #4342 of 4437 Old 07-21-2015, 06:46 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by twanvlem View Post
Hi,
I own a Benq W7000 and thinking about replacing it by an JVC X500

Has someone experience with W7000 and this JVC.
What I like about the W7000,

Colors, (after calibration.)
Brightness.
Motion.
Sharpness.
3D

Cons,
black level.
Projector noise.

I use the projector in the living room. It is not totally black but very dark when we watch our projector.
I use a Seymour screen 110".
Will this projector be an update for me or wouldn't it make much difference. I use the Benq in low lamp mode but still it makes a lot of noise. I was just wondering if the native contrast of the JVC would make a big difference. 3D is not that important for me.
We had a look at de Sony HW55es but I was not impressed. Motion artefacts and no wow factor as I hoped for. the sharpness of the Sony was of no comparison with the Benq W7000. But the Sony was silent.
Hoping the JVC is better. I love smooth motion, I kind of like the soap opera effect. I Love to see movies that are smooth like real life and not missing half of the information.
Hope you can give me some advice.
Twan
I use both of these projectors the jvc is alot better for watching movies l use the benq for sports the bulbs for benq is alot cheaper than jvc
post #4343 of 4437 Old 07-21-2015, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk2293 View Post
I use both of these projectors the jvc is alot better for watching movies l use the benq for sports the bulbs for benq is alot cheaper than jvc

Thank you for your response, is motion as smooth as the Benq ?
And what do you think about the projector noise JVC in normal lamp mode vs Benq in low lamp mode.

Thanks,
Twan
post #4344 of 4437 Old 07-21-2015, 07:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by twanvlem View Post
Thank you for your response, is motion as smooth as the Benq ?
And what do you think about the projector noise JVC in normal lamp mode vs Benq in low lamp mode.

Thanks,
Twan
Motion is better on the Benq. That is the nature of DLP. The JVC is quieter than the Benq. If you would like to discuss and or get pricing, give us a call.

post #4345 of 4437 Old 07-21-2015, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
So is this a confirmed case of HDCP 2.2 working with the KeyDigital device? I don't know anything about how netflix and the Nvidia Shield work.

If so, i guess I can skip the HDFURY since they don't have theirs out yet.
post #4346 of 4437 Old 07-21-2015, 01:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AekaGSR View Post
So is this a confirmed case of HDCP 2.2 working with the KeyDigital device? I don't know anything about how netflix and the Nvidia Shield work.

If so, i guess I can skip the HDFURY since they don't have theirs out yet.
Earlier in this thread a poster said that he was getting Netflix 4K on his RS4910 using this device.

post #4347 of 4437 Old 07-22-2015, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks, yeah I was just double checking. I have ordered an Nvidia Sheild and the KeyDigital 2.2 fix for my x700r, I will also get back to you guys with any positive or negative results.
post #4348 of 4437 Old 07-23-2015, 03:15 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

I will have to try this option. Ever since I got my x500 the Darbee has been acting up. Constant flickers, and it will flash, then the picture will change so it has varying size overlaps on the right side. Like it repeats the picture in a wrap around sort if effect.
post #4349 of 4437 Old 07-23-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AekaGSR View Post
Thanks, yeah I was just double checking. I have ordered an Nvidia Sheild and the KeyDigital 2.2 fix for my x700r, I will also get back to you guys with any positive or negative results.
I had to set the switch to "C" which is 4K/HD Audio. The other settings for 4K caused netflix to sit and spin at 99% on every movie/show. Since using C it's been rock solid. You're going to love it.
post #4350 of 4437 Old 07-23-2015, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripsy66 View Post
I will have to try this option. Ever since I got my x500 the Darbee has been acting up. Constant flickers, and it will flash, then the picture will change so it has varying size overlaps on the right side. Like it repeats the picture in a wrap around sort if effect.

Yep, that's why I advised against adding a Darbee to the video chain. The X500 has a flaky HDMI interface, and is very susceptible to handshake issues. Hope you'll like Clear Black .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page