AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

What do you mean by "Full 3D"?

Glasses like the Xpand 105s say they are "Full HD 3D" capable. I thought the instructions also said they could be used ith "Full HD 3D" capable devices.

So for the JVCs do you have 2 options? (1) Glasses that work with the Bit Cauldron emitters (estar, Optoma, Curte Palme) or (2) the JVC emitter (JVC, Xpand, other)

Is that correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 2418 Old 03-04-2014, 01:12 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwk2293 View Post

i have both estar and optoma rf glasses with optoma emitter work the same so are vip rf glasses sold by curt palme
Which projector do you have. If its the 49 or 57- does the emitter shut off when the projector is in standby? With my 4910 it doesn't.
post #873 of 2418 Old 03-04-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewerboy View Post

Hello, I have a JVC X500R. Will the Estar glasses and emitter work with it. Also can you give model numbers for the emitter and the glasses

Thanks, Andy
Yes they will. I believe the new Estar glasses are the ESG 6000 RF or if you get the starter kit with an emitter its called ESG 6100 RF. The Optima 2100 Rf glasses are exactly the same.
post #874 of 2418 Old 03-04-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

The emitter included is RF only. But you can use the RF emitter in conjunction with an IR emitter. For instance, say I have a JVC stock IR emitter and 2 pairs of JVC IR glasses but I also have 4 pairs of EStar RF glasses and want to use all 6 at the same time (this is my exact situation). You can use the IR receiver that Monster supplies and stick it in front of the JVC emitter. The JVC IR emitter is what you plug into the back of the projector. The Monster IR receiver picks up the IR output from the JVC IR emitter and converts it to RF for the EStar/Monster/Optoma glasses. This is how you can use both the JVC IR glasses and EStar/Monster/Optoma RF glasses at the same time. To power the Monster/EStar/Optoma RF emitter you'll need to plug it into a wall socket. Any microUSB wall plug should suffice. It would look similar to this (but obviously more cable managed tongue.gif ):

This is what they mean when they say the Monster system is "IR compatible". This is more work to set up, but by doing this you can use both IR and RF glasses at the same time. I should mention that the EStar system doesn't include the IR receiver. I believe only the Monster system includes it. I made sure when I sold my Monster glasses and emitter that I kept one of the IR receivers for this specific purpose.

Or you cab make a dual output cord (that Zombie showed a while ago) and run two emitters at once as I do. Less cabling and no need for extra USB power.
post #875 of 2418 Old 03-04-2014, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Those less technically inclined won't want to splice cables. That is the easier solution for those with the included cables. If you have a monster system you already have everything needed to do this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #876 of 2418 Old 03-04-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE-C View Post

Or you cab make a dual output cord (that Zombie showed a while ago) and run two emitters at once as I do. Less cabling and no need for extra USB power.

If you use the full diagram posted by zombie you are in essence using active components to avoid the USB power supply to use the 12V Dc available off the plug into the RJ45 socked by using a regulator (12V to 5V0 and two caps. Much easier to use a $5 power supply and a cable made by hand that is simple.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #877 of 2418 Old 03-04-2014, 07:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Folks, in your opinion, is the 4910 night and day above the 4810?
post #878 of 2418 Old 03-04-2014, 07:35 PM

Hello guys. I'm new to the AVS forums as a member but have been browsing the forums for years. I've recently decided to upgrade my Panasonic ae4000u and three of the projectors I'm looking at are the X500r, a used RS56u and the RS57u.

I have an opportunity to get a used rs56u (excellent condition, 1200 hours) for just over $3,500. Would that be a decent deal or would I be better off investing in one of the newer models? It sounds like whatever projector I get will be a huge upgrade over my ae4000u which I always thought had a pretty good picture.

Thanks for the advice!
post #879 of 2418 Old 03-04-2014, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Which projector do you have. If its the 49 or 57- does the emitter shut off when the projector is in standby? With my 4910 it doesn't.
rs55 plan on getting rs4910 but got to wait for money to clear ebay at least 2 more weeks
post #880 of 2418 Old 03-05-2014, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardia View Post

Folks, in your opinion, is the 4910 night and day above the 4810?

+1
post #881 of 2418 Old 03-05-2014, 06:09 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Yes they will. I believe the new Estar glasses are the ESG 6000 RF or if you get the starter kit with an emitter its called ESG 6100 RF. The Optima 2100 Rf glasses are exactly the same.

Thanks so much, Joe

I have to try it out, Andy

post #882 of 2418 Old 03-05-2014, 06:03 PM

Hi Guys, I thought you would all like to know how my X500 vs X35 shootout went last night as I just upgrading from the X35.

I sell Projectors for a living so I fortunately get to swap mine over every 6 months or so and have gone from a HD350 to HD550, to X3, X30, X35 and now the X500, i've also owned about a dozen previous brands before moving to JVC.
all of the previous JVC upgrades were all very minor to be honest with subtle improvements in contrast ,lens sharpness and functionality.

Last night was the 1st time that I was pleasantly shocked in the improvement the X500 has over the X35 in contrast. It was so dramatic that I started to think there might be something wrong with my x35 but until I did the comparison I was always satisfied with the contrast and black levels and they were certainly superior to anything else I sell, (namely the Epson, Sony and Optoma range)

I have posted a mock up picture to describe the level of difference I saw as a photo would never do it justice. The shootout was performed with both projectors on side by side and covering up one whilst exposing the other (this is really the only true way to compare projectors as our visual memory isn't up to the task if you turn on off or on and also having on at the same time washes the picture out on both.

My room is very good in regards to light control I have a black ceiling and black blinds with chocolate carpet so room reflections are present but minimal.

take a look at the pic to get an idea how they compared. Even my wife was blown away how the x35 looked grey in comparison whilst the 500 looked like it wasn't even on.

I will calibrate the x500 tonight and let you all know how it goes, out of the box its pretty average , grey scale and colour gamut wise with fat too much green in the picture. its also allot brighter so shows video noise more than my x35 did , after calibration I'm sure that will improve also as I adjust the light level down a bit.

cheers
Rob

X500.jpg 44k .jpg file
X35.jpg 43k .jpg file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg X500.jpg (44.0 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg X35.jpg (42.7 KB, 179 views)

Breeder of Fruit Eating Panda's
post #883 of 2418 Old 03-05-2014, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm sure you had the dynamic iris on. This explains the huge difference. Native contrast between the two is quite similar.

post #884 of 2418 Old 03-05-2014, 07:47 PM

nope , both projector set to manual and full

Breeder of Fruit Eating Panda's
post #885 of 2418 Old 03-05-2014, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Interesting. You wouldn't think the difference to be that big considering the small difference in native contrast.

post #886 of 2418 Old 03-06-2014, 04:42 AM

Wow, yeah there's certainly a noticeable difference. Do you think the contrast advantage of the x500 is what makes the darker images stand out better or the dynamic Iris?
post #887 of 2418 Old 03-06-2014, 06:18 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Looks to me that the difference is in brightness level of the two images. looks like the X35 is showing a brighter image. Not only is the background of space brighter(gray) but so is the space ship. Were they matched, before comparing?

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #888 of 2418 Old 03-06-2014, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I think the key here is this line...
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumpet View Post

I have posted a mock up picture to describe the level of difference I saw as a photo would never do it justice.

From the sounds of it, these are Photoshop images in an attempt to show the difference he perceived. Not actual photos of how the projectors looked. I will agree that with the Dynamics Iris I noticed a similar difference between a used RS46 and my new RS4910. And I agree that taking a photo of the overall difference would be difficult. But using mock-up photos to depict difference is not a good idea in my book. Just my two cents.

post #889 of 2418 Old 03-06-2014, 07:17 AM

Finally received estar glasses yesterday.Did not have a whole lot of time last night for testing but did manage to throw priest 3d onto the ps3.I did not notice any ghosting and the picture was bright enough for my liking on a 120 16; 9 1.1 screen.Tonight I will do more testing.
post #890 of 2418 Old 03-06-2014, 08:45 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumpet View Post

Hi Guys, I thought you would all like to know how my X500 vs X35 shootout went last night as I just upgrading from the X35.

I sell Projectors for a living so I fortunately get to swap mine over every 6 months or so and have gone from a HD350 to HD550, to X3, X30, X35 and now the X500, i've also owned about a dozen previous brands before moving to JVC.
all of the previous JVC upgrades were all very minor to be honest with subtle improvements in contrast ,lens sharpness and functionality.

Last night was the 1st time that I was pleasantly shocked in the improvement the X500 has over the X35 in contrast. It was so dramatic that I started to think there might be something wrong with my x35 but until I did the comparison I was always satisfied with the contrast and black levels and they were certainly superior to anything else I sell, (namely the Epson, Sony and Optoma range)

I have posted a mock up picture to describe the level of difference I saw as a photo would never do it justice. The shootout was performed with both projectors on side by side and covering up one whilst exposing the other (this is really the only true way to compare projectors as our visual memory isn't up to the task if you turn on off or on and also having on at the same time washes the picture out on both.

My room is very good in regards to light control I have a black ceiling and black blinds with chocolate carpet so room reflections are present but minimal.

take a look at the pic to get an idea how they compared. Even my wife was blown away how the x35 looked grey in comparison whilst the 500 looked like it wasn't even on.

I will calibrate the x500 tonight and let you all know how it goes, out of the box its pretty average , grey scale and colour gamut wise with fat too much green in the picture. its also allot brighter so shows video noise more than my x35 did , after calibration I'm sure that will improve also as I adjust the light level down a bit.

cheers
Rob

X500.jpg 44k .jpg file
X35.jpg 43k .jpg file

Looks to me like gamma and/or brightness variables that are causing the difference between shots. Until you calibrate them both to the same standards, there is really nothing that can be taken from this IMO. Look how many more stars are visible in the X35 shot for example.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #891 of 2418 Old 03-06-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
In dark scenes my RS4910 is definetely a bit darker than my RS45 was and I too always felt satisfied for the most part with the 45. I had my RS45 until a month ago and I did the same comparison between the HW50 and the RS45 having both projectors on and blocking the lens. The bridge scene in the first Spider-Man movie is my demo of choice to compare black levels. Switching between the two the Sony looked a little gray in comparison. Even though I can't do an A/B with the RS45/RS4910 I can definitelyt say the 4910 is a bit darker in scenes such as these.

Motion is also better on the 4910 over the 45. CMD is much better on my 4910 in comparison to the 45. The Clear Black feature is nice as well. It's like having a very mild version of RC. E-shift on the other hand doesn't really do much for me so I leave it off. I can't see the pixel grid from my viewing area and when I switch back and forth between On/Off it seems like the picture is sharper with e-shift off.
post #892 of 2418 Old 03-06-2014, 10:09 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by xb1032 View Post

In dark scenes my RS4910 is definetely a bit darker than my RS45 was and I too always felt satisfied for the most part with the 45. I had my RS45 until a month ago and I did the same comparison between the HW50 and the RS45 having both projectors on and blocking the lens. The bridge scene in the first Spider-Man movie is my demo of choice to compare black levels. Switching between the two the Sony looked a little gray in comparison. Even though I can't do an A/B with the RS45/RS4910 I can definitelyt say the 4910 is a bit darker in scenes such as these.

Motion is also better on the 4910 over the 45. CMD is much better on my 4910 in comparison to the 45. The Clear Black feature is nice as well. It's like having a very mild version of RC. E-shift on the other hand doesn't really do much for me so I leave it off. I can't see the pixel grid from my viewing area and when I switch back and forth between On/Off it seems like the picture is sharper with e-shift off.

I don't doubt any of that. The comparison above though is with native contrast without the DI engaged on the X500 so we are talking a 50,000:1 vs 60,000:1 which should not give that dramatic of a difference and wouldn't if the variables were eliminated (same brightness, calibration, etc....). Some of you other guys know better than me, but to me it looks like the X35 has a lower gamma curve creating a bit of a washed out look in comparison to the X500, not to mention the X35 is showing much more detail in the star field which I am guessing is due to lower gamma and/or different brightness settings. It's just not a good comparison due to the variables is all I am getting at. This comparison reminds me of the difference I was seeing between my lower OOTB gamma setting on my RS45 (gamma A which was closer to 1.9-2.0 when I measured it) vs my newly calibrated 2.2 gamma which was noticeably richer in comparison, but just like the photos above, a bit of shadow detail was lost in going to the higher gamma (which I was able to somewhat tweak back in on the low end of the gamma).

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #893 of 2418 Old 03-07-2014, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi guys,

I've got a question, I'm currently on firmware r1178.1 Projector X500R it's not the latest r1210.3, I've got the question will it solve the problem with HDMI 2 (signal doesn't recognize at all) and will now 4k native resolution will be recognized? I tried to supply from my Macbook Pro Retina 2014 windows 8.1, it sees projector via HDMI 1 and allows to set 3k and 4k resolution, however when I set this off, screen is just black and no menu seen, I have to revert back to 1080p in order to see the screen again. I've tried different Hz (23 and 24) but no luck, I assume that issue will be fixed in latest firmware, can you confirm please?

Cheers,

Serge.

post #894 of 2418 Old 03-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Just got my X500 back from repair, the bulb malfunctioned. The service was fast and excellent, impressed. The thing is, I swear it is sharper then last week. I know that is super doubtful, but i can not get over the sharpness. Boy this PJ throws a stunning image. Managed to build some DIY masking for my 16X9 screen while I waited for the repair. Looking forward to watching the extended version of LOTR Return of The King.

James Reid:D
post #895 of 2418 Old 03-07-2014, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post

Just got my X500 back from repair, the bulb malfunctioned. The service was fast and excellent, impressed. The thing is, I swear it is sharper then last week. I know that is super doubtful, but i can not get over the sharpness. Boy this PJ throws a stunning image. Managed to build some DIY masking for my 16X9 screen while I waited for the repair. Looking forward to watching the extended version of LOTR Return of The King.
How'd you build the masking?
post #896 of 2418 Old 03-07-2014, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

How'd you build the masking?

So this took about an hour, not the prettiest on the back, but the front and the edges are tight. Really disappears when I am watching a movie.I used Tripple Velvet and the box my screen came in. I taped the angle support from the box on the back to make it rigid. I also laminated 3 pieces of cardboard together using double sided tape.Simple and very effective.

I am hanging triple velvet everywhere, the ceiling is done, now I am working on the walls. You really see the difference between triple velvet and velveteen on the wall.

I only have a camera phone so the picture of the screen sucks, but it shows how the panels disappear. Somehow the JVC is even better when you mask the black bars. biggrin.gif

post #897 of 2418 Old 03-07-2014, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post

So this took about an hour, not the prettiest on the back, but the front and the edges are tight. Really disappears when iIam watching a movie.I used Tripple Velvet and the box my screen came in. I taped the angle support from the box on the back to make it rigid. Simple and very effective.

I am hanging triple velvet everywhere, the ceiling is done, now I am working on the walls. You really see the difference between triple velvet and velveteen on the wall.
Thanks. I was curious to see if you did your masks like Dragon Reborn describes here. I think I'll do mine that way; I really like the idea of using magnets to hold the masks to the screen.
post #898 of 2418 Old 03-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks. I was curious to see if you did your masks like Dragon Reborn describes here. I think I'll do mine that way; I really like the idea of using magnets to hold the masks to the screen.
Quote:

That is very cool. My idea was to get something to see the effect, I am saving to buy a scope screen. But given how well my quick and dirty setup works, it might be worth fixing them up a bit and adding magnets. As it is now they work perfect and I think I might put that scope screen money to a Lumagen or some new front towers.

post #899 of 2418 Old 03-08-2014, 04:54 PM

Would like to replace my ps3 as my bluray player.Im looking for better pq, any recommendations.
post #900 of 2418 Old 03-08-2014, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have decided to sell my 4910, I have only had it for a few weeks under 100 hours in perfect condition, full 3 year warranty. The only reason I'm selling is so I can step up to a 4k machine. The picture on this pj stunning!

If anyone is interested pm me
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page