Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread - Page 32 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 223Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #931 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blee0120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Merillville, IN 46410
Posts: 3,768
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

If you wait a little while, SpectraCal should eventually upgrade CalMAN to support automatic calibration of this year's JVC projectors. That way you can use an Xrite meter pointed at the screen to automatically calibrate the projector and won't be tied to JVC's somewhat limited method. I used the CalMAN autocal process with an Xrite i1D3 when I still had my 4810 and it worked great.

So, you didn't need an external CMS for the Calman and RS4810?

Edit: The auto cal with Calman I meant.
blee0120 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #932 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 09:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

So, you didn't need an external CMS for the Calman and RS4810?

Edit: The auto cal with Calman I meant.
Nope, you connect your computer to the projector via Ethernet or RS232 and CalMAN controls the projector directly. It uses the built-in JVC CMS and is even able to calibrate gamma using more points (21 IIRC) than what's available in the JVC's menus.
Schwa is offline  
post #933 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
blee0120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Merillville, IN 46410
Posts: 3,768
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post

Nope, you connect your computer to the projector via Ethernet or RS232 and CalMAN controls the projector directly. It uses the built-in JVC CMS and is even able to calibrate gamma using more points (21 IIRC) than what's available in the JVC's menus.

That's neat, hopefully they are able to update this for this years models
blee0120 is online now  
post #934 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 9,786
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

That's neat, hopefully they are able to update this for this years models

Greetings,

Once they receive projector samples from JVC Spectracal will be able to implement the updated process. I have used the Autocal feature and it really does a great job.


Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #935 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 01:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blee0120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Merillville, IN 46410
Posts: 3,768
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 79
I guess now I'm getting the eeColor lux box. I was thinking about buying a Radiance 2041 but I'm going to let my Oppo 103D do the processing and scaling. Plus, the eeColor gives me the chance to do a much bigger lux, 3375pt auto cal compared to 729pt auto cal by the Radiance 2041. Eshift should not be a problem with the 1080p box, since its still a 1080p projector. I'm curious to see how this will turn out.

What setting are you guys using with the DI?
blee0120 is online now  
post #936 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,846
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

I guess now I'm getting the eeColor lux box. I was thinking about buying a Radiance 2041 but I'm going to let my Oppo 103D do the processing and scaling. Plus, the eeColor gives me the chance to do a much bigger lux, 3375pt auto cal compared to 729pt auto cal by the Radiance 2041. Eshift should not be a problem with the 1080p box, since its still a 1080p projector. I'm curious to see how this will turn out.

What setting are you guys using with the DI?

I assume you have no interest in 3D blurays or will bypass the eecolor - as in not physically in the video chain - when playing 3D blurays? It's HDMI 1.3 and unable to passthrough (even less calibrate) 3D blurays, unlike the Radiance.
Manni01 is online now  
post #937 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blee0120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Merillville, IN 46410
Posts: 3,768
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

I assume you have no interest in 3D blurays or will bypass the eecolor - as in not physically in the video chain - when playing 3D blurays? It's HDMI 1.3 and unable to passthrough (even less calibrate) 3D blurays, unlike the Radiance.

If I will probably not watch 3D that much. I really just started. 95% is definitely 2D
blee0120 is online now  
post #938 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,846
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post

If I will probably not watch 3D that much. I really just started. 95% is definitely 2D
The problem is not how much 3D you watch, it's that the eecolor has to be taken physically out to the video chain to be able to watch any 3D.
So either you watch no 3D blurays at all, or you have switches in place to bybass the eecolor when watching (uncalibrated) 3D.
The eecolor is a great LUT box, but the fact that it doesn't passthrough 3D blurays is the main reason why I don't have one.
Manni01 is online now  
post #939 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
blee0120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Merillville, IN 46410
Posts: 3,768
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

The problem is not how much 3D you watch, it's that the eecolor has to be taken physically out to the video chain to be able to watch any 3D.
So either you watch no 3D blurays at all, or you have switches in place to bybass the eecolor when watching (uncalibrated) 3D.
The eecolor is a great LUT box, but the fact that it doesn't passthrough 3D blurays is the main reason why I don't have one.

I'm using the Oppo 103D. So my Mit HC8000, DPI LED, and new RS49 is going through a splitter to the hdmi 1 with the Darbee, the hdmi 2 is audio to my avr, and ill probably just use my Mit HC8000 as my output on my avr. Ill just do a basic primary and secondary cal with the 3D, which should be perfectly fine
blee0120 is online now  
post #940 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Schwa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

The problem is not how much 3D you watch, it's that the eecolor has to be taken physically out to the video chain to be able to watch any 3D.
So either you watch no 3D blurays at all, or you have switches in place to bybass the eecolor when watching (uncalibrated) 3D.
The eecolor is a great LUT box, but the fact that it doesn't passthrough 3D blurays is the main reason why I don't have one.
Same here.
Schwa is offline  
post #941 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Member
 
SoulOfUniverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: London
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi Lads,

 

So for those who had issues with HDMI 2 and Native resolution 4k, didn't pick up, x500r with latest ifrmware 1210.3 will resolve those issues. Everything now picks up as suppose to be. Previously I mentioned I thought 3D top and bottom didn't work, it actually works fine, but you'll have to stream your content (if streaming from PC) at 1080p@24Hz, otherwise this setting won't be working.

 

Now very happy as everything functions as it should, awaiting for my elite 135UH black screen, to enjoy better quality and will calibrate, once Calman will release update for AutoCal X500R.

SoulOfUniverse is offline  
post #942 of 3228 Old 03-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Member
 
SoulOfUniverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: London
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Received official reply from SpectraCal:

 

Hi Sergej,

We are still waiting on JVC to get their API and documentation in order to add support.  Once we have everything we need, we intend to give it a high priority, but until then we can't give any estimates.


Melissa Thompson
SpectraCal Support
email: support@spectracal.com
Phone: +1 206 457 8949

SoulOfUniverse is offline  
post #943 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 12:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
presenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: San Clemente
Posts: 681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi, That's a "score 1" for the JVC. My logical question is - your friend with the HW55ES: Which did he like better?

Now if he also prefers yours, that's an indication.

When it comes down to comparing two excellent projectors, there's probably a a high likelihood that owners will favor their own.

Of course there are lots of differences that can have bearing. For example, the Sony probably measures about 25-40% brighter calibrated. And of course the JVC has higher native contrast. -art

-art

Reviewing projectors sure beats selling them...
---but then, watching The 5th Element
-----for the hundreth time sure is getting old.
ProjectorReviews.com
presenter is offline  
post #944 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
presenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: San Clemente
Posts: 681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Greetings all, I've got a JVC problem. That is, I can't seem to get JVC to send me an X500R to review. I know they were waiting for some new firmware (from following these threads), and that was cited as the main problem.

But, I really want to get one in, in the next few weeks so I can publish in April. People keep asking us "when".

Projector Reviews is out of San Clemente California (Orange County). If anyone's fairly local, and has one, and they can live without it for 1 week, so I can review it, I can return it fully calibrated by Mike (THX certified) who does all our calibrations.

Any takers out there? If so, drop me an email to reviewer @ projectorreviews.com Thanks! -art

Ditto for an X700R or X900R! I'd especially love to bring in an X900R to shoot out with the true 4K Sony VW600ES that I have here (while I still have it). BTW, no offense to JVC, but true 4K content on the Sony is in a whole different league than anything last year's JVC's could do. I know that the new JVCs can accept 4K content, but those pixels are still "super-sized". Even on 2K content, nothing that's come through here can beat the VW600ES in detail, but when I fire up true 4K content, its a whole different level of play. -art

-art

Reviewing projectors sure beats selling them...
---but then, watching The 5th Element
-----for the hundreth time sure is getting old.
ProjectorReviews.com
presenter is offline  
post #945 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 07:23 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,993
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by presenter View Post

Greetings all, I've got a JVC problem. That is, I can't seem to get JVC to send me an X500R to review. I know they were waiting for some new firmware (from following these threads), and that was cited as the main problem.

But, I really want to get one in, in the next few weeks so I can publish in April. People keep asking us "when".

Projector Reviews is out of San Clemente California (Orange County). If anyone's fairly local, and has one, and they can live without it for 1 week, so I can review it, I can return it fully calibrated by Mike (THX certified) who does all our calibrations.

Any takers out there? If so, drop me an email to reviewer @ projectorreviews.com Thanks! -art

Ditto for an X700R or X900R! I'd especially love to bring in an X900R to shoot out with the true 4K Sony VW600ES that I have here (while I still have it). BTW, no offense to JVC, but true 4K content on the Sony is in a whole different league than anything last year's JVC's could do. I know that the new JVCs can accept 4K content, but those pixels are still "super-sized". Even on 2K content, nothing that's come through here can beat the VW600ES in detail, but when I fire up true 4K content, its a whole different level of play. -art

There was one firmware release for HDMI issues and currently waiting on a second firmware release for better anamorphic lens support.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
post #946 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 AM
Member
 
SoulOfUniverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: London
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post


There was one firmware release for HDMI issues and currently waiting on a second firmware release for better anamorphic lens support.

Will it be the same process of firmware update as previously ?

SoulOfUniverse is offline  
post #947 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 08:06 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,993
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfUniverse View Post

Will it be the same process of firmware update as previously ?

Yes. If you are not using an A-lens, then I would not both.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
post #948 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
deewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Posts: 1,341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by presenter View Post

BTW, no offense to JVC, but true 4K content on the Sony is in a whole different league than anything last year's JVC's could do. I know that the new JVCs can accept 4K content, but those pixels are still "super-sized". Even on 2K content, nothing that's come through here can beat the VW600ES in detail, but when I fire up true 4K content, its a whole different level of play. -art

For twice the price of a X700 or RS-57 the Sony 600ES better be in a different league especially when viewing 4K content. And comparing the Sony to last years models... not sure the projectors should even be compared to one another. If the difference was night and day with 2K video and the price was similar, then I think your statement would be useful. But comparing projectors at two different price points with two different (for lack of a better words) mechanical systems..... ehhhh.
deewan is online now  
post #949 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,993
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by presenter View Post

Greetings all, I've got a JVC problem. That is, I can't seem to get JVC to send me an X500R to review. I know they were waiting for some new firmware (from following these threads), and that was cited as the main problem.

But, I really want to get one in, in the next few weeks so I can publish in April. People keep asking us "when".

Projector Reviews is out of San Clemente California (Orange County). If anyone's fairly local, and has one, and they can live without it for 1 week, so I can review it, I can return it fully calibrated by Mike (THX certified) who does all our calibrations.

Any takers out there? If so, drop me an email to reviewer @ projectorreviews.com Thanks! -art

Ditto for an X700R or X900R! I'd especially love to bring in an X900R to shoot out with the true 4K Sony VW600ES that I have here (while I still have it). BTW, no offense to JVC, but true 4K content on the Sony is in a whole different league than anything last year's JVC's could do. I know that the new JVCs can accept 4K content, but those pixels are still "super-sized". Even on 2K content, nothing that's come through here can beat the VW600ES in detail, but when I fire up true 4K content, its a whole different level of play. -art

Art shoot me an email with your shipping address. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
post #950 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Member
 
raullopez1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: McFarland CA
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought 1 pair of valueview 3d rf glasses but I don't think they are compatible with the estar emitter.Can someone recommend some cheap 3d glasses to pair up with estar emitter and my jvc 4910
raullopez1234 is offline  
post #951 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 4,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by raullopez1234 View Post

Bought 1 pair of valueview 3d rf glasses but I don't think they are compatible with the estar emitter.Can someone recommend some cheap 3d glasses to pair up with estar emitter and my jvc 4910

The estar glasses are going to be the cheapest compatible glasses.
Seegs108 is offline  
post #952 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Member
 
kwk2293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by raullopez1234 View Post

Bought 1 pair of valueview 3d rf glasses but I don't think they are compatible with the estar emitter.Can someone recommend some cheap 3d glasses to pair up with estar emitter and my jvc 4910
estar glasses are cheapest that work with emitter. Bit cauldron uses different rf than others
kwk2293 is offline  
post #953 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 03:18 PM
Member
 
raullopez1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: McFarland CA
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks
raullopez1234 is offline  
post #954 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
xb1032's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by raullopez1234 View Post

Bought 1 pair of valueview 3d rf glasses but I don't think they are compatible with the estar emitter.Can someone recommend some cheap 3d glasses to pair up with estar emitter and my jvc 4910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

The estar glasses are going to be the cheapest compatible glasses.

If you order the glasses from Amazon use the code A3DBREAK for 5% off. Not much but better than nothing. smile.gif
xb1032 is offline  
post #955 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 4,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked: 387
I have 4 pairs of the EStar glasses and I love them. They're more comfortable compared to the other glasses I've treid (XPand 103's, MonsterVision, Mitsubishi's proprietary glasses) have a very light tint, and seem to show less ghosting compared to the other brand glasses. I'm excited to check out the Sharp G20's Zombie recommended for the Sharp XV-Z30000 I'll be getting next week.
Seegs108 is offline  
post #956 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 10:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
coderguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,076
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Which Monster glasses did you have, the RF version?
So the Estar are better than the Monster, hmmm...

Interesting, I've found the monster glasses pretty good, what makes the estar better?


Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

coderguy is offline  
post #957 of 3228 Old 03-13-2014, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 4,956
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked: 387
I didn't realize the MonsterVision glasses came in an IR version? These are the MonsterVision glasses I was using before. The EStar are the newest BitCouldron glasses, the BC6000's, whereas the MonsterVision use the older BitCouldron glasses, the BC5000's. Overall I like the tint better on them, the LCDs are most likely faster which explains the better crosstalk handling I saw in a direct comparison between the two and I thought the newer ones were lighter and more comfortable. Plus the best part is they're cheaper than the MonsterVision glasses/emitter. The new Optoma glasses that come with the HD91 are the BC6000's. Zombie likes them too.
Seegs108 is offline  
post #958 of 3228 Old 03-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Member
 
kwk2293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

I didn't realize the MonsterVision glasses came in an IR version? These are the MonsterVision glasses I was using before. The EStar are the newest BitCouldron glasses, the BC6000's, whereas the MonsterVision use the older BitCouldron glasses, the BC5000's. Overall I like the tint better on them, the LCDs are most likely faster which explains the better crosstalk handling I saw in a direct comparison between the two and I thought the newer ones were lighter and more comfortable. Plus the best part is they're cheaper than the MonsterVision glasses/emitter. The new Optoma glasses that come with the HD91 are the BC6000's. Zombie likes them too.
i believe monster glaases are all rf but some came with ir to rf converter to use with ir 3d display
kwk2293 is offline  
post #959 of 3228 Old 03-14-2014, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Nicoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I recently bought the 4910 (thanks Mike @AVS) and a new Oppo 105D universal player. I have the Anthem D2 AV/processor as well.

I am trying to get the best image I can out of my new projector and set up. Based on what I have read here, it seems that most folks here like to feed a video signal directly from the Player (Oppo 105D in my case) to the 4910 bypassing the A/V Processor (the Anthem D2 in my case).

Questions:
1. What would I be gaining bypassing the A/V Processor (Anthem D2)? (Note: I have other devices/sources connected to the D2 via HDMI connections (Roku, AppleTV, FiosTV). The Anthem D2 helps me "route" the video signal from each source to the projector.)
2. I only have one HDMI cable going to the JVC Projector, therefore I would have to use a HDMI switcher to feed it two HDMI cables one from the Oppo and the other from the D2 (with the AppleTV, Roku, Fios signals). Any particular switcher recommended? (I have an old Monoprice switch around).
3. This might not be a question for this forum, but just in case: Would it be possible to feed all the video signals (Roku, AppleTV, FiosTV) through the Oppo to take advantage of its processing capabilities and then connect the Oppo directly to the JVC projector?

Your thoughts/comments/ideas are welcome. Thanks!!
Nicoff is offline  
post #960 of 3228 Old 03-15-2014, 01:34 AM
Senior Member
 
jjcook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 293
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Just started playing with 3D using the JVC emitter and Xpand 105 glasses on my 4910 and I have a problem -- I see ghosts! My demo material is Star Trek into Darkness 3D and I very often see halos/ghosts/crosstalk around faces in particular. Furthermore there is a lot of perceived motion blur beyond what I see in 2D. I find it unwatchable.

Running on high lamp with high CMD. Parallax & crosstalk cancel parameters change but do not eliminate this. 100" wide scope screen unity gain viewing from 9 feet away, using zoom not anamorphic lens.

Has anyone else successfully used the Xpand 105 in place of the JVC glasses, i.e. could it be the glasses? Or am I just too sensitive to these effects?

For Sale: Navitar SSW065 short throw conversion lens

WTB: PSA XS15 or XS15se, PM me.

Small HT: JVC RS4910, Mits HC7900DW, Falcon 2.35:1 100-wide, Marantz SR7008, Triad Gold Omni SE & Silver Surrounds, PSA XS15-base, Oppo 103D, Tivo Mini, HTPC
jjcook is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off