post #1261 of 2009 Old 04-20-2014, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post

Thanks for the info, I deleted my post cause I figured you'd already sort of answered it earlier and didn't want to be repetitive. Thanks for listing the models, I knew a bunch were the same but I couldn't remember which ones beyond the Planar and Runco.

I'm fairly picky on IRIS action, but not too bad, as long as the IRIS doesn't look like the hc7900 (oh man that IRIS was the worst one I've seen yet).

@BLee
I'm going to go on the waiting list for a B-stock I think. I'm still pretty happy with the RS-45 and w7000 combo for now, but eventually I'll upgrade.

I know you do a lot of traveling with work. If you are in the Chicago area, I'm right outside of Chicago, you should send me a pm. I would not mind showing you the 49 and 600 in my all black velvet room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 2009 Old 04-20-2014, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Thanks, if I'm ever up that way I'll take you up on it.

Quick and Easy Shelf Mount Method for both one projector or dual stacks

Web Calculator v023 & v025
- Quick Peak at the new upcoming calculator
**Current Projector Calculator** -- http://www.eliteprojectorcalculator.com

Coder's Top Projector Picks of 2012 --http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....

post #1263 of 2009 Old 04-22-2014, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

Wouldn't it be the buyer who feels unsafe in an ebay transaction?

Yes, but eBay's buyer protection policy would worry me when it comes to something of this magnitude. I've had pretty good luck for the most part but every once in a while you run into people who either look to take advantage of the system or simply make false claims.
post #1264 of 2009 Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 31
I just finished my media room and I painted the front wall flat and ceiling flat black, the rest is a darker brown. I have a Sony HW50ES and am really debating on picking up this model, I just feel like I have a room which is just made for the blacks of the JVC. There is 0 ambient light also... The biggest hold up is my gaming on PS4 and XB1, while I used to be a very avid gamer it has really dropped off and am wondering if moving my gaming to another setup would be worth having the JVC in the main HT....
post #1265 of 2009 Old 04-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post

I just finished my media room and I painted the front wall flat and ceiling flat black, the rest is a darker brown. I have a Sony HW50ES and am really debating on picking up this model, I just feel like I have a room which is just made for the blacks of the JVC. There is 0 ambient light also... The biggest hold up is my gaming on PS4 and XB1, while I used to be a very avid gamer it has really dropped off and am wondering if moving my gaming to another setup would be worth having the JVC in the main HT....

I am a avid PC gamer and I personally have a separate setup for gaming, I tried some gaming on the JVC and it was honestly awful. The JVC X500 is not for gaming but the image it throws is spectacular, I have over 1000hrs on it and I continue to be blown away.

James Reid:D
post #1266 of 2009 Old 04-22-2014, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post

I am a avid PC gamer and I personally have a separate setup for gaming, I tried some gaming on the JVC and it was honestly awful. The JVC X500 is not for gaming but the image it throws is spectacular, I have over 1000hrs on it and I continue to be blown away.

I do have an office with a very nice PC rig and it does have a Denon 1713 and 5.1 surround so I could hook up my consoles to that system also.. I just wonder if I will regret going to a smaller screen, because as you have experienced, I would be able to go back to the HT room unless of course I would swap out projectors... I just am tempted by this years offering....
post #1267 of 2009 Old 04-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

I have a 39ln 4k monitor that I run at 2560x1440p@72hz. Best gaming experience I have had. The JVC x500 is the best movie or tv experience by a mile,that I have had. So, very happy with the combination.

post #1268 of 2009 Old 04-22-2014, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have a 39ln 4k monitor that I run at 2560x1440p@72hz. Best gaming experience I have had. The JVC x500 is the best movie or tv experience by a mile,that I have had. So, very happy with the combination.
I just don't think size trumps smooth gaming, at least for me.

post #1269 of 2009 Old 04-22-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

This is a concern of mine as I do a lot of gaming. I have the Sony Vw95 and it's fine in this regard, so an upgrade to a JVC may cause me to experience what exactly with regards to gaming? Can you please elaborate?
post #1270 of 2009 Old 04-22-2014, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

This is a concern of mine as I do a lot of gaming. I have the Sony Vw95 and it's fine in this regard, so an upgrade to a JVC may cause me to experience what exactly with regards to gaming? Can you please elaborate?

It boils down to input lag... From what I have found this model has around 120ms of input lag, so say you press the button to shoot, you now have a 120ms of lag before that command will show up on the screen. The Sony HW50ES I have has been said to have between 18 and 30 ms... So for fast action and games that require timing you can see how adding in almost 100ms of input lag could cause your gaming to suffer...

I speak from experience as I use to have a JVC RS46 and that had 80ms and I always felt something was off, well I got the Sony and had them both hooked up and projecting at the same time and i could clearly see the difference in response times... There is no way I could game on this new model of JVC, which is why I haven't fully committed to getting one yet.. .
post #1271 of 2009 Old 04-22-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:

Well, if for 2D only the JVC is a nice step up IMO. The OOTB colors are better on the Sony and the frame interpolation has less artifacts than the JVC but it also has more of a soap effect. Dark scenes look very nice on this projector. The HW50 was a nice step up over the RS45 even though the RS45 had better black levels, however now that I have the RS4910 I'm not sure I could willingly go back to something like the HW50 since the difference in black levels would be VERY noticeable.
post #1272 of 2009 Old 04-22-2014, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It boils down to input lag... From what I have found this model has around 120ms of input lag, so say you press the button to shoot, you now have a 120ms of lag before that command will show up on the screen. The Sony HW50ES I have has been said to have between 18 and 30 ms... So for fast action and games that require timing you can see how adding in almost 100ms of input lag could cause your gaming to suffer...

I speak from experience as I use to have a JVC RS46 and that had 80ms and I always felt something was off, well I got the Sony and had them both hooked up and projecting at the same time and i could clearly see the difference in response times... There is no way I could game on this new model of JVC, which is why I haven't fully committed to getting one yet.. .

Yes exactly right, input lag is really bad, at least for FPS. I found it unplayable.

post #1273 of 2009 Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 AM

Liked: 10
Anyone use JRiver and Madvr with their x500R?

I have calibrated my X500R using the JVC software (and Spyder4).
My question is what setting should I use under Madvr for calibration?
Should I just "disable calibration controls for this display", or use the "this display is already calibrated".
If the latter, what gamma setting should I use?
I primarily use the "Cinema" setting to view film content.

Thank in advance for your help.
post #1274 of 2009 Old 04-24-2014, 09:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I received my JVC DLA-X500 today. I took the day off today so I could play around with it. I'm sure most of you would agree this is a perfectly good reason to use a sick day. tongue.gif

The unit I received is an excellent sample. Great convergence and lens. I also think this is the best unit I've had to date in regards to color uniformity. Some of the previous units I've owned were 'iffy when it came to color uniformity. This is still one area where DLP is king.

OOTB color performance is excellent, especially considering there's no THX mode. In contrast to the X55R (last years mid-range projector) there's a huge step up with OOTB color. The X55R had way too much green in the picture OOTB. This unit might have a tad too much red, but I plan on running this unit through the Spyder4Elite + JVC Auto-Cal to get it closer. I'm not a color Nazi and the Spyder4Elite should get me close enough for my own personal taste.

The menu system has a new font and is set up a little differently, but within a few days I should have it my memory where things are placed. I like how each year JVC takes more and more options that were only accessible through the service menu and have placed them in the regular menus. There are only 6 or 7 things left in the service menu as most of them are now regularly accessible in the regular menus. Nice touch.

I've been paying close attention to two things as I demo'ed material this evening as they were the most important things I think this years models' have to supposedly offer; DI performance and motion handling. The DI is excellent but I still think it needs a few tweaks here and there. It's operation is on par with the PD8150 and from memory I'd still give the PD8150 the slight nod in terms of implementation. The one thing I'd fault the PD8150 for would be clipped whites on the darkest of dark material. That is virtually absent on the JVCs. I say virtually because I caught some clipping in the beginning scene of The Desolation of Smaug, where Gandolf and Thorin are talking in the bar. Keep a keen eye on Thorin's cheek while they're talking. I don't have the PD8150 anymore so I'll have to make Zombie do a couple comparisons with a few scenes that I remember the DI on the PD8150 doing better and see if they hold up. There is also the issue of "flickering". This is not there at all (or at least on any perceptible level) on the PD8150. Seeing how I don't see the iris moving it's position during these scenes this must be as others have pointed out and is a dynamic gamma issue. As others have pointed out, it's mostly there on mid-average picture level scenes and only comes up on occasion. It's not terribly annoying but it's definitely there and can be seen without "looking for it". There were also a few scenes in The Desolation of Smaug where I saw some slight pumping and was confused as to why it was slipping up the DI because it didn't seem to have enough contrast change to justify the DI's movement and I think this is why it stood out to me as as it did. The APL of the scene was very consistent and the brightness change stood about because of it. With that said, I just put my anamorphic lens in place and when I scale the image horizontally to take up the full 1080 pixels (no black bars) the DI seems to have more information to work with and so far it's fared better in terms of flickering and brightness changes. These "complaints" are minor and I'm sure some of you might get the impression after reading that, that there is something wrong with the DI on this projector. But that couldn't be farther from the truth. As many others have posted before me, this is an excellent DI. One that can be enabled at all times. It's right up there in the same league as the PD8150 and the Sony's. Hopefully we'll see them make some tweaks on next years models. The only area where I find it needs immediate attention is with the gamma ficker as it's the most frequent artifact that comes up, but again, it's rare. Great first attempt, but I wouldn't call it the "best" just yet. I still think, clipped whites notwithstanding, the DI on the PD8150 is slightly more refined off of memory. Maybe Zombie can A/B his PD8130 next to the 4910 has currently has and give us a few impressions?

A couple things to note is that I've only been using the DI with the manual setting a "0", which is fully open. I'm assuming if I closed it down a little that would all but eliminate any brightness changes within a given scene. Though I think the flicker I'm seeing would probably still come up on occasion.

I do believe there is subjectively better motion performance. When I first get a new projector there are about a dozen clips I use every time just to get a general feel of that projector. I've seen these clips probably a hundred times so I feel confident in saying this is probably the best non-DLP motion I've seen to date with 24p material. It's right up there with the Sony 1080p machines. Is it a huge difference between the last couple generations? No, but it is noticeable with certain types of quick motion. I've noticed in scenes where people are talking and when there heads turn or bob, there seems to be less "blur" (greater resolution) during that motion. Very DLP like. Bravo JVC!!! Motion has always been something I've never liked on the JVCs up until the 2012 models. It's nice to see they've made another small stride in that department.

One other new setting I found interesting was Clear Black. In "Low" it looks similar to what the Darbee Darblet does. I think "High" is a little excessive and shouldn't be used, but Low looks about right in terms of adding something to the image without introducing artifacts. I did try out a 4K input from my HTPC just to use MadVR for scaling instead. I didn't take a look to see if the MPC controls work like another member pointed out, but I will later tonight. Personally speaking I think the scaling MadVR does is better than the internal scaler that JVC has. The image appeared sharper and more solid. The only issue is that the JINC scaler MadVR uses is pretty demanding and my GTX 690 ramps up the fan considerably and adds more heat and noise to my room. I have my PC in the same room as my projector so I'm debating whether or not to send a 4K image to the projector. I'll have to play around and see if I like the JINC scaled image with e-shift over a normal 1080p image and make a decision on which to use.

Anyways those are some quick thoughts. Sorry for the length of the post. I still want to check out 3D, the CMD, and do an A/B to the X90, but I think overall the X500 is nicer projector. biggrin.gif
post #1275 of 2009 Old 04-25-2014, 12:08 AM

Liked: 11
Is there any way to turn off the onscreen message when the projector is switching aspect ratios?
It detracts from the "wow the picture is growing" when a movie starts on a scope screen.
post #1276 of 2009 Old 04-25-2014, 01:25 AM
AVS Special Member

I can confirm that the MPC controls do indeed work on both 1080p and 4K inputs. I have firmware version r.1211.1 installed. For those who say it doesn't work this is what I want you to do:

First off find a scene that has something like a facial close-up with lots of detail in it and pause the movie/scene. Then:

1.) Go under the MPC sub-menu.
2.) If they aren't already, set all values to "0"
3.) Press "Back" on your remote until it asks you if you want to save those MPC settings. Chose 'Yes'.
4.) Go back into the MPC control settings and set 'Enhance' and "Dynamic Contrast" to 50. This is half way.
5.) You'll see a blue icon in the bottom left hand corner light up.
6.) On your remote find the button that says 'Before/After'.
7.) Go up to within a few feet of your screen so you can see the difference easier and press this button to see the before (0) and after (50) settings. There should be a noticeable difference in the apparent sharpness and localized contrast within the image.

Please leave feedback if you still don't see a difference. I've tried this when sending the X500 a 1080p24 and 3840x2160p24 image and voth work. From there play around with the MPC settings as you like. Personally I leave NR (noise reduction) and smoothing at 0 and have both Enhance and Dynamic Contrast at 25. This seems to be the best settings for me without adding a harsh digital look to the image.
soupdragon likes this.
post #1277 of 2009 Old 04-25-2014, 07:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Seegs,

I think the issue isn't that the default setting of values at "50" don'take any difference when turned off and on. I think some have reported there is a difference. Rather, it's using the sliders to other positions, manually, that don't make any difference.

I've done this several times on mine, a good close up for detail, sliding the MPC levels slowly from 0 to the top and back, and I'm unable to detect any difference at all.
Same with my calibrator who also used images specifically to detect such effects.

Where's the MPC controls ony previous JVC clearly rendered changes in the image even at its lowest value.

My RS57 came with the firmware update already installed.
post #1278 of 2009 Old 04-25-2014, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

Seegs,

I think the issue isn't that the default setting of values at "50" don'take any difference when turned off and on. I think some have reported there is a difference. Rather, it's using the sliders to other positions, manually, that don't make any difference.

I've done this several times on mine, a good close up for detail, sliding the MPC levels slowly from 0 to the top and back, and I'm unable to detect any difference at all.
Same with my calibrator who also used images specifically to detect such effects.

Where's the MPC controls ony previous JVC clearly rendered changes in the image even at its lowest value.

My RS57 came with the firmware update already installed.

On the X500 (rs49) I tested which had the first f/w update installed, the MPC sliders worked fine with both bluray and 4K content.

I think the MPC bug is only present on the rs57 (X700) and above with the updated f/w, not on the rs49 (with any f/w).
post #1279 of 2009 Old 04-25-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 266
post #1280 of 2009 Old 04-25-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post

That starts to make sense if this evolving mystery Manni

The settings work at 25 on the slider as well. I can definitely tell that JVC has gone the subtle route this year with the sliders. The X55R had far more coarse settings. At 50 on the X500R, the settings resemble 20 on what I saw on the X55R. On your X700, please at least try what I posted in that exact order and see if you can make out a difference. You don't need to use 50 on the slider, you could try 25 and still see a difference. Make sure you're sending a 1080p24 signal as I don't know if 1080p60 works.
post #1281 of 2009 Old 04-25-2014, 02:42 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

On the X500 (rs49) I tested which had the first f/w update installed, the MPC sliders worked fine with both bluray and 4K content.

I am owner of a X500 with first firmware update and I have also asked some other X500 owners. The MPC sliders (nearly) don't work. It's not a secret that JVC is working on a new firmware to solve this problem.

Sources: Panasonic BDT-110, Toshiba HD-XE-1, Vantage VT-1S
Video processing: Lumagen Radiance 2041
Calibration: Full LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5 Business Pro, Chroma Pure
Probes: X-Rite EODIS3 / C6 / Chroma 5 / i1 pro 2
Targets: JVC-X500, TX-P65VTW60
Sound: Yamaha RX-V2067
post #1282 of 2009 Old 04-25-2014, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudgiator View Post

I am owner of a X500 with first firmware update and I have also asked some other X500 owners. The MPC sliders (nearly) don't work. It's not a secret that JVC is working on a new firmware to solve this problem.

Well as I said on the x500 with first fw update I tested the MPC controls worked enough to damage the picture if pushed to far, so I have no idea why they work on some units and not on others. I don't own one so I'll let users deal with the issue. smile.gif
post #1283 of 2009 Old 04-25-2014, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

I have the JVC X500 with the first firmware. I have tried several times to see if mine are working and can see no difference when adjusting the MPC sliders.

post #1284 of 2009 Old 04-26-2014, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

I would not use that calculator period. Best way is to read reviews. From there you can find out the projector lumens, multiply by screen gain and divide by screen area in square feet. Here are aproxamately the high lamp calibrated lumens.

5020, 675
4910, 900
VW600, 1,500

Mike, just quoting you a week or so later - so, going on this, if I'm happy with my Epson as it stands, and I use Natural mode on it at the moment, then a calibration would drop the lumens substantially.

But equally, a calibrated JVC will give me way more light than the Epson I have now, which is a light cannon according to most - but only when you rev it up fully !

I guess Im thinking now, hmm, the JVC might be well worth a gamble if I keep the lights out in the room.

Display : JVC X500 Projector | 130" ReAct 2.1 2.35:1 Scope Screen | Panasonic 65VT30 |
Sources : Sony BDP S6200 | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Anthem MRX 510 | KEF R700 | KEF R600c | MK M4T Sides | KEF E301 Rears | Paradigm Sub 1 |
Control : iPad Air | Harmony Ultimate |
post #1285 of 2009 Old 04-26-2014, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Here's a look at e-shift at different resolutions and MPC levels. I have an X500 with firmware r.1211.1:

What I'd recommend doing is opening each photo in it's own tab at full resolution (most browsers allow you to do this by right clicking on the photo's below and choosing to open it in a new tab) and going one by one to each photo to see the difference.

1080p Input No E-shift:

1080p Input, MPC's E-Shift Enabled, All MPC Sliders a '0':

1080p Input, MPC's Enhance and Dynamic Contrast at 25:

1080p Input, MPC's Enhance and Dynamic Contrast at 50:

4k (3840 x 2160) Input, MadVR's JINC Scaler (No Ringing Filter Enabled), MPC's Enhance and Dynamic Contrast at 50:

post #1286 of 2009 Old 04-26-2014, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

To supplement that post I want to say that when you use the slider it looks as if nothing is changing, but if you use the "before/after" button on your remote you'll see the small difference MPC does actually make. This is quite different from last years models where the sliders did A LOT more in terms of sharpening the image. This year the MPC is much finer in it's sharpening which is why it looks as if nothing is changing when you use it. It looks as if nothing is changing when you go up and down in 1 click denominations on the slider and it's only when you compare 0 to 25 or 25 to 50 you can see the small difference MPC makes.
post #1287 of 2009 Old 04-27-2014, 02:59 AM

Liked: 20
Just a question: has anybody compared the saturation- and luminance levels of the color-space of the X500 between source = 1920x1080 (1080p24) and sozrce = 3840x2160 (2160p24) ? That can be easily done with CalMAN. My X500 looks like this after calibrating the STANDARD color-space with source = 1080p24:

I have also verified this calibration with source = 2160p ... and the color-space was COMPLETELY (!) distorted (luminance & saturation) ! After switching back to 1080p, everything was ok again. Unfortunately I didn't save that charts in CalMAN, so I cannot show you the results. But you can also see it in the LightSpace RGB separation chart (left side: 1080p, right side: 2160p):

Have a look at the green color channel ... it's completely off ! My upscaler from 2k --> 4k is a Lumagen Radiance 2041. It would be nice, if anybody here could verify his behavior.

Sources: Panasonic BDT-110, Toshiba HD-XE-1, Vantage VT-1S
Video processing: Lumagen Radiance 2041
Calibration: Full LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5 Business Pro, Chroma Pure
Probes: X-Rite EODIS3 / C6 / Chroma 5 / i1 pro 2
Targets: JVC-X500, TX-P65VTW60
Sound: Yamaha RX-V2067
post #1288 of 2009 Old 04-28-2014, 04:51 AM

Liked: 10
What is "Normal" gamma on the X500R please? Is it basically 2.2 curve?
thanks in advance.
post #1289 of 2009 Old 04-28-2014, 08:35 AM

Liked: 13

Based on reading this entire thread twice, I am about to build the following setup:

JVC - DLA RS49 with Screen Innovations 144" diagonal (2.35:1) Black Diamond 1.4 gain.

25 x 25 foot Theater in front of a 22 x 22 foot square game room (Pool Table/ Ping Pong/Bar ).

Half wall separates game room from theater with second row of seats on 8" riser.

Projector against left wall <-.  Only light source - Sliding Glass door is 40+ Feet away (North facing).

25'                                       22'

|------------------------------------------|

|                                           ------------------Door----------|

|                                                                              |

|         Theater                         Game Room               |

|                                                                              |

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

90% Movies (2.35:1).  10% Sports - football (16:9)

JVC - DLA RS49 with Screen Innovations 144" diagonal (2.35:1) Black Diamond 1.4 gain.

First row of seats at 16 foot 8" viewing (Money Seat).  Second row of seats on 8" riser at 23 Feet.

Projector mounted at 17 foot 1" from front of room.  8" off ceiling.

Lighter colored paint (Light grey or tan) walls. White ceiling.  This is a multipurpose basement.  Not a bat cave.  :)

Any thoughts on size?  Seating distance?  Projector brightness?  Screen ambient light rejection?

My biggest concern is that at 144" Diagonal (133"x74") (235:1) I might be pushing this projector beyond what it is capable of in terms of Lumens.

I am hoping the SI Black Diamond 1.4 will make up for it.

My total budget (Screen / Projector) is under $10K.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance on the DLA RS49.

post #1290 of 2009 Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhartman67 View Post

Based on reading this entire thread twice, I am about to build the following setup:

25 x 25 foot Theater in front of a 22 x 22 foot square game room (Pool Table/ Ping Pong/Bar ).
Half wall separates game room from theater with second row of seats on 8" riser.

Projector against left wall <-.  Only light source - Sliding Glass door is 40+ Feet away (North facing).

25'                                       22'
|
|
|                                          
Door
|
|         Theater                         Game Room               |
|
|

90% Movies (2.35:1).  10% Sports - football (16:9)

First row of seats at 16 foot 8" viewing (Money Seat).  Second row of seats on 8" riser at 23 Feet.
Projector mounted at 17 foot 1" from front of room.  8" off ceiling.

Lighter colored paint (Light grey or tan) walls. White ceiling.  This is a multipurpose basement.  Not a bat cave.  smile.gif

Any thoughts on size?  Seating distance?  Projector brightness?  Screen ambient light rejection?

My biggest concern is that at 144" Diagonal (133"x74") (235:1) I might be pushing this projector beyond what it is capable of in terms of Lumens.
I am hoping the SI Black Diamond 1.4 will make up for it.

My total budget (Screen / Projector) is under $10K.

Thanks in advance for your help and guidance on the DLA RS49.
i
I'm running with a 130" 1.0 gain screen, similar room and throw, and discounted the X500 due to lack of lumens. I think you might struggle to light that screen up?

Display : JVC X500 Projector | 130" ReAct 2.1 2.35:1 Scope Screen | Panasonic 65VT30 |
Sources : Sony BDP S6200 | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Anthem MRX 510 | KEF R700 | KEF R600c | MK M4T Sides | KEF E301 Rears | Paradigm Sub 1 |
Control : iPad Air | Harmony Ultimate |
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page