Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread - Page 63 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1861 of 1876 Old Yesterday, 03:08 PM
Member
 
TheSeanO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I received my JVC DLA-RS4910U today. Unfortunately, it may have the a vertical magenta/blue line defect I think. I have tried everything that I can think of. I know that a few others on this board have had similar issues.


From the projector location.


Up Close.



No source inputs.


Any suggestions on a fix?

Last edited by TheSeanO; Yesterday at 03:24 PM.
TheSeanO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1862 of 1876 Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Seegs108's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Schenectady, New York
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeanO View Post
I received my JVC DLA-RS4910U today. Unfortunately, it may have the a vertical magenta/blue line defect I think. I have tried everything that I can think of. I know that a few others on this board have had similar issues.


From the projector location.


Up Close.



No source inputs.


Any suggestions on a fix?
There is no fix. You need to either exchange it for a new one, or send it in for repair. Mine had the same issue and there were two boards that need to be replaced.

Check my post here for a little more info:

Official JVC DILA-X500R / RS49U / RS4910U Owners Thread
Seegs108 is online now  
post #1863 of 1876 Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 233
if that's brand new the dealer should swap it out immediately since it arrived DOA. I wouldn't send off a brand new projector for repair.
curlyjive and cardoski like this.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1864 of 1876 Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
curlyjive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Abington, PA
Posts: 1,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post
Quick questions: I think 1 is normal....3 concerns me.

1) is your LAN light on all the time, even in standby?

2) when in stanby, if I am up close to the vent on the opposite side of the status lights, I can here a faint sound. Almost like the fan is on or something is still running. It's very faint and I co have to be ear next to that vent. Can someone confirm this?

3) This one i'm worried about. With MPC on, I can hear an odd sound out of the vent on the side with the standby lights on. Now if I engage the Lens menu i hear a series of odd noises while that menu comes up. I know MPC can make some noise, but my 4810 didn't sound like this. Can anyone verify the strange sounds by listening next to the unit while brining up the lens menu. (Lens pattern is ON for reference)

Here is a sound clip. MPC is on and then I hit the lens button and you can head the weird sounds.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9G...it?usp=sharing

So here is what I noticed last night:

1) There is definitely some kind of electronic sound coming from the unit when in standby from the grill opposite the LEDs. Can anyone see if theirs does this?

2) When the unit starts up, eshift is very loud for about 20 minutes and then seems to quiet down. This does not seem normal. Anyone experience something similar?
curlyjive is offline  
post #1865 of 1876 Old Yesterday, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
dan webster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: western mass.
Posts: 756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I received my 4910 today from Mike at avs. I just ordered it yesterday. I did not realize my chief mount does not fit, so i called Mike and he is shipping me the part i need. Right now i just have it on one of my theater seats. It wont fill up the screen and its not straight but it still looks great I did not really think i would see this much of an improvement over my sony hw50 ( which is still a great projector). It has dlp sharpness and pop. I am quite pleased so far. Can anyone direct me to Zombi's settings ? I have not been able to find them. Tomorrow the Estar rf 3d kit will arrive and i will try out some 3d.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

dan webster is offline  
post #1866 of 1876 Old Yesterday, 08:34 PM
Newbie
 
fjendra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan webster View Post
I received my 4910 today from Mike at avs. I just ordered it yesterday. I did not realize my chief mount does not fit, so i called Mike and he is shipping me the part i need. Right now i just have it on one of my theater seats. It wont fill up the screen and its not straight but it still looks great I did not really think i would see this much of an improvement over my sony hw50 ( which is still a great projector). It has dlp sharpness and pop. I am quite pleased so far. Can anyone direct me to Zombi's settings ? I have not been able to find them. Tomorrow the Estar rf 3d kit will arrive and i will try out some 3d.
Dan, which estar kit did you order?

Thanks!
fjendra is offline  
post #1867 of 1876 Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
trans_lux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In my theater
Posts: 919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I would urge anyone who is serious about watching 3D on a JVC to buy the official JVC horizontally polarized glasses or try and find the OEM ones from Xpand.
I have 1/2 a dozen or so different glasses including the EStar 6000's and none come even close.
The horizontal polarization is a massive improvement in all aspects.
Many say you can only see a difference on screens that retain polarization.
While it's certainly more pronounced the benefits are very noticeable on screens that do not.

IMHO if you use anything other than the correct glasses you are doing yourself a huge disservice.
trans_lux is online now  
post #1868 of 1876 Old Today, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,575
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux View Post
I would urge anyone who is serious about watching 3D on a JVC to buy the official JVC horizontally polarized glasses or try and find the OEM ones from Xpand.
I have 1/2 a dozen or so different glasses including the EStar 6000's and none come even close.
The horizontal polarization is a massive improvement in all aspects.
Many say you can only see a difference on screens that retain polarization.
While it's certainly more pronounced the benefits are very noticeable on screens that do not.

IMHO if you use anything other than the correct glasses you are doing yourself a huge disservice.
Have you compared the JVC's made by Xpand with horizontal polarization with the 105 normal Xpands. I do not have a screen that retains polarization and I can not tell the difference.
I have done A+B tests with both glasses with myself and others not knowing which glasses we were wearing and nearly everyone noticed no difference. Some picked one pair and a another person picked the other. I did the test with about 10 people. I do agree if you have a polarized screen you need the ones from JVC but if you don't have one the Mitisbushi ones selling on Amazon for $18.99 with the emitter should work fine. Zombie has also tried and compared them and claims that the closeout 105 made for Mitisubishi work great.

Last edited by rwestley; Today at 03:54 AM.
rwestley is offline  
post #1869 of 1876 Old Today, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 233
On my HP screen, there is no obvious advantage to the OEM JVC glasses vs. any of the other glasses i've tested.

The performance was identical for the 105's vs. the 'Mitsubishi' close out models. What an excellent find / bargain. Getting a 'free' RF emitter that was previously being sold for $250 is nice.

zombie10k is online now  
post #1870 of 1876 Old Today, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,575
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I watched "Frozen 3D" last night on the 4910 with guests using the Mitsubishi $18.95 glasses and emitter (Still available on Amazon) and they worked great. My guests were amazed at the quality of the 3D.

In the past I could never watch 3D on my previous JVC RS45 projector because of ghosting. With the 4910 things are much improved and it is nice to have great blacks and shadow detail. I was actually looking for ghosting and I only saw it for a second or two last night. This is a big improvement. I also love the XPand glasses which I adjusted using a heat gun for a few seconds because they were uncomfortable being very tight.
rwestley is offline  
post #1871 of 1876 Old Today, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
trans_lux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In my theater
Posts: 919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
Have you compared the JVC's made by Xpand with horizontal polarization with the 105 normal Xpands. I do not have a screen that retains polarization and I can not tell the difference.
I have done A+B tests with both glasses with myself and others not knowing which glasses we were wearing and nearly everyone noticed no difference. Some picked one pair and a another person picked the other. I did the test with about 10 people. I do agree if you have a polarized screen you need the ones from JVC but if you don't have one the Mitisbushi ones selling on Amazon for $18.99 with the emitter should work fine. Zombie has also tried and compared them and claims that the closeout 105 made for Mitisubishi work great.
Yes definitely the horizontal polarization made a big difference for me on both of my screens. It's certainly a bigger difference on the Stewart that retains a high level of polarization. I can still see an appreciable difference on the woven Screen Research that has little or no retention.
Everyone sees and perceives things differently.
It could be that my 46 year old eyes are in need of as much light as possible, I'm more sensitive than others or that I have a reference 50+ ftl DLP to compare. Who really knows.

I have several generations of Xpands. The 105's are certainly the best so far. They are the only glasses I have found to not have the internal reflection. For me the reflection is intolerable.

In the end I look at it this way. If it only takes an extra couple hundred $ to get the best performance possible isn't it worth it?

I have not found a way to objectively test with patterns and a meter.
If someone knows of a way I would certainly give it a go.
trans_lux is online now  
post #1872 of 1876 Old Today, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 233
The X105-RF-1 are supposed to have horizontal polarization, the X105-RF-X1 are standard polarization.

The JVC glasses looked brighter than the X105-RF-1? These were definitely the right model?

Several on different forums have claimed that the Xpand RF transmitter performed better than the JVC transmitter.

it's a shame the best active shutter 3D glasses on planet earth don't work with the JVC's. The Sharp G20 glasses are bar-none the best glasses I've used which is over 20+ different pair and counting.
zombie10k is online now  
post #1873 of 1876 Old Today, 10:33 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer
 
Ralph Potts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Middletown NY
Posts: 8,908
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post
So here is what I noticed last night:

1) There is definitely some kind of electronic sound coming from the unit when in standby from the grill opposite the LEDs. Can anyone see if theirs does this?

2) When the unit starts up, eshift is very loud for about 20 minutes and then seems to quiet down. This does not seem normal. Anyone experience something similar?

Greetings,

I get the low level electronic sound while the unit is in standby mode. I noticed about the second or third week I had the projector. It's audible enough that in a quiet room you don't have to be near the projector to hear it. When the projector is powered up it stops. I don't have a problem with e-shift noise that you describe.

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
Ralph Potts is offline  
post #1874 of 1876 Old Today, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
curlyjive's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Abington, PA
Posts: 1,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

I get the low level electronic sound while the unit is in standby mode. I noticed about the second or third week I had the projector. It's audible enough that in a quiet room you don't have to be near the projector to hear it. When the projector is powered up it stops. I don't have a problem with e-shift noise that you describe.

Regards,
Thanks for confirming that Ralph!

I figured the standby noise was normal because it is constant. The eshift noise I'm concerned about because it is loud, then quiets down after some use. I have an email into AVSciene since this is brand new.
curlyjive is offline  
post #1875 of 1876 Old Today, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
trans_lux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In my theater
Posts: 919
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
The X105-RF-1 are supposed to have horizontal polarization, the X105-RF-X1 are standard polarization.

The JVC glasses looked brighter than the X105-RF-1? These were definitely the right model?

Several on different forums have claimed that the Xpand RF transmitter performed better than the JVC transmitter.

it's a shame the best active shutter 3D glasses on planet earth don't work with the JVC's. The Sharp G20 glasses are bar-none the best glasses I've used which is over 20+ different pair and counting.
The current JVC glasses and the Xpand X105-RF-X3 are the same glasses as far as I can tell. I have both the Xpand and JVC emitter and yes Xpand emitter provides extended range but also better performance. Why I have no idea-sync should be sync?

I have not used the Sharp 20's and will get a pr. to test.
trans_lux is online now  
post #1876 of 1876 Old Today, 07:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
dan webster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: western mass.
Posts: 756
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just tried out the estar 3d glasses and emitter and they work great . Pretty much plug and play once i put the emitter in discovery mode. They were alot easier than the work i had to do to the cable and firmware update to get them to work with my son s mitsubishi 7900. I only have one pair right now ,unless anyone has any suggestions for a better cheaper RF alternative that may or may not work with the estar emitter. All in all i was pleasantly suprised how good the 3d looks.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

dan webster is offline  
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off