post #2221 of 2231 Old Today, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnelson Young View Post
Schwa,
Sorry for delay in responding; out of town on assignment. I do have latest version, so that is not the issue. Problem persists. I think I'm going to give up on IP and use the 232.
My x500r just starting having an issue yesterday in which after being turned on for about 2 mins it shuts down and i'm left with a solid warning light, flashing lamp, and solid standby. When I purchased from Eastporters I was sent a spare lamp.

The current lamp only has about 200 hours on it but by swapping it the problem has stopped. Eastporters suggested contact JVC support as the original bulb may be under warranty. Has anybody had a similar experience and does anybody have the JVC number handy?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2231 Old Today, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm4llz View Post
My x500r just starting having an issue yesterday in which after being turned on for about 2 mins it shuts down and i'm left with a solid warning light, flashing lamp, and solid standby. When I purchased from Eastporters I was sent a spare lamp.

The current lamp only has about 200 hours on it but by swapping it the problem has stopped. Eastporters suggested contact JVC support as the original bulb may be under warranty. Has anybody had a similar experience and does anybody have the JVC number handy?

thanks!

Did you try putting the original lamp back? Maybe it wasn't properly seated, and it's not defective. If it's still not working I would contact JVC (or your dealer) as it should be under warranty if it's under a year/1000 hours use.
post #2223 of 2231 Old Today, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just ordered a benq 1070 refurb to mount directly above my 4910. Now i can put lots of hours on the benq for surfing the net and watching tv and keep the jvc for serious viewing. That way when i upgrade the jvc there will be lots less hours on it. I will also use the benq for outdoor movies, It almost seems like a no brainer for $642.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Updated Theater Pictures

post #2224 of 2231 Old Today, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan webster View Post
I just ordered a benq 1070 refurb to mount directly above my 4910. Now i can put lots of hours on the benq for surfing the net and watching tv and keep the jvc for serious viewing. That way when i upgrade the jvc there will be lots less hours on it. I will also use the benq for outdoor movies, It almost seems like a no brainer for $642.

It's not a bad idea to have 2 projectors with different strengths. Plus, if you are a projector addict ( and what AVS forum member isn't ? ), you will always have a backup projector if one breaks and needs repair. Thank goodness I have 2 projectors myself now! I can sleep more soundly........

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #2225 of 2231 Old Today, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan webster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
It's not a bad idea to have 2 projectors with different strengths. Plus, if you are a projector addict ( and what AVS forum member isn't ? ), you will always have a backup projector if one breaks and needs repair. Thank goodness I have 2 projectors myself now! I can sleep more soundly........
Agree! I just added a refurb Mitsubishi HC7900DW to complement my JVC RS4910, for gaming and casual use. I see now how it also has these nice side effects. Plus it makes it the thought of a sell/upgrade process less disruptive... Uh oh.

- Jeff
post #2226 of 2231 Old Today, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post
Agree! I just added a refurb Mitsubishi HC7900DW to complement my JVC RS4910, for gaming and casual use. I see now how it also has these nice side effects. Plus it makes it the thought of a sell/upgrade process less disruptive... Uh oh.
I have been considering this as well, specially for surfing on my PC and gaming.

James Reid:D
post #2227 of 2231 Old Today, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Dual projectors are a must for me. No way I would be satisfied with just one. There is always some type of benefit that you can't get with one projector. Also, the cost of a second DLP projector makes it a no brainer
post #2228 of 2231 Old Today, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm4llz View Post

thanks!
I had what sounds to be the same issue, sent to JVC and it was the bulb.

post #2229 of 2231 Old Today, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 254
It seems like you guys are leaning toward a wholesale recommendation, but please step back and get a grip. I'd have to think for the VAST majority of projector owners, owning multiple projectors simply isn't feasible (and I'm not talking about the additional expense, but rather the hassle, logistics, etc). Or sane.
post #2230 of 2231 Old Today, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well then. Anyone interested in an Epson 8500ub with 350 hours on it when my Jvc comes in?
post #2231 of 2231 Old Today, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
It seems like you guys are leaning toward a wholesale recommendation, but please step back and get a grip. I'd have to think for the VAST majority of projector owners, owning multiple projectors simply isn't feasible (and I'm not talking about the additional expense, but rather the hassle, logistics, etc). Or sane.

Oh I have lots of room and I am single lol.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page