Forum Jump: 
 103Likes

post #2401 of 2412 Old 09-28-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 242
The latest firmware has been out for a long time now. The 4910's get an extra QC check when they arrive in the US at the distributor so it would shock me if they didn't arrive at AVScience's warehouse with the latest firmware ready to go. If memory serves me correctly, AVScience also tests each individual projector to make sure it passes their own QC before it gets sent out to the customer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2402 of 2412 Old 09-29-2014, 06:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulidan View Post
Is there an ETA for when AVS will be getting in the next batch of 4910's?

Also, was the first batch post-CEDIA up to date with FW off the truck, or did you guys have to update each one yourselves?
Projectors just came in. We have enough in stock to fill all orders and then some. Do you have one ordered? They do have latest firmware.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

Last edited by AV Science Sales 5; 09-29-2014 at 08:27 AM.
post #2403 of 2412 Old 09-29-2014, 06:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
The latest firmware has been out for a long time now. The 4910's get an extra QC check when they arrive in the US at the distributor so it would shock me if they didn't arrive at AVScience's warehouse with the latest firmware ready to go. If memory serves me correctly, AVScience also tests each individual projector to make sure it passes their own QC before it gets sent out to the customer.
We only test the B-stock projectors. The A-stock is factory sealed. We only open A-stock if a new firmware comes out and the customers wants us to update projector before shipping.

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #2404 of 2412 Old 09-29-2014, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
That is a large screen and your throw is pretty long, so you can use a lot of gain. Stewart Ultramatte 1.5 type gain and forget about 3D, unless you reduce the size of the image when watching 3D.
Thanks Mike.

How many feet back will be the projector be/throw distance for me in this type of setup?
I also thought that I have a flexible "range" of distance for the JVC 4910 projector distance/throw distance, correct?
post #2405 of 2412 Old 09-29-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXLCMT View Post
Thanks Mike.

How many feet back will be the projector be/throw distance for me in this type of setup?
I also thought that I have a flexible "range" of distance for the JVC 4910 projector distance/throw distance, correct?
150" diagonal 2.35 is 138" wide. Minimum throw (governed by the fabric) using Ultramatte 150 is 17'-3" Maximum throw, when using lens memory is governed by the 58.75" heigh of the screen, 24'-9". So the range for you is 17'-3" to 24'-9".
asoofi1 and AXLCMT like this.

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

post #2406 of 2412 Old 09-29-2014, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I sent my 4910 in for repair due to bad optic block. JVC contacted me and said avscience would be sending me a new one. That was awhile ago. He said they were on backorder though. Any of you guys over at avscience know if my projector will be shipping soon out of the new bunch you just got in?
post #2407 of 2412 Old 09-29-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black93fiveO View Post
I sent my 4910 in for repair due to bad optic block. JVC contacted me and said avscience would be sending me a new one. That was awhile ago. He said they were on backorder though. Any of you guys over at avscience know if my projector will be shipping soon out of the new bunch you just got in?
Shoot me an email with the details and your contact information and I will check on this.

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

post #2408 of 2412 Old 09-29-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
150" diagonal 2.35 is 138" wide. Minimum throw (governed by the fabric) using Ultramatte 150 is 17'-3" Maximum throw, when using lens memory is governed by the 58.75" heigh of the screen, 24'-9". So the range for you is 17'-3" to 24'-9".
Mike - are you using the calculator on JVC's website for these? I'm thinking of doing a CIW setup with a 120" wide screen (138" diag 16x9, 130" scope). If I use that calc, looks like I have a range of 13-21 feet. To get the best brightness, I should keep it closer to the 13' range, correct?

Visit the

2.0 done and finally posted! - 

And now...
post #2409 of 2412 Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Any chance of some of you X500 owners that have had your projectors calibrated posting some pictures please.

Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2410 of 2412 Old 09-29-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipszyc View Post
Mike - are you using the calculator on JVC's website for these? I'm thinking of doing a CIW setup with a 120" wide screen (138" diag 16x9, 130" scope). If I use that calc, looks like I have a range of 13-21 feet. To get the best brightness, I should keep it closer to the 13' range, correct?
The closer the projector is towards the screen within your throw range, the brighter the picture.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #2411 of 2412 Old 09-29-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Projectors just came in. We have enough in stock to fill all orders and then some. Do you have one ordered? They do have latest firmware.
Great. Yeah, I ordered a couple weeks back.
Since I'm just down the thruway from Rochester, Should I be expecting it by the end of the week?
----------
Yikes! Just got the invoice and tracking #. It should be here tomorrow.

Unfortunately I ordered the wrong size of Redmere cable. I thought I could get by with 15' but it looks like I have to order way more than I need since they don't carry 20' or 25'.
I ordered this kind

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Hope that's the right one.

Till these show up, I should be able to get by with my old HDMI cable, shouldn't I?

Last edited by Paulidan; 09-29-2014 at 01:59 PM.
post #2412 of 2412 Old Today, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Whats peoples take on getting one og these this year with 4k lurking?

Guess I need some advice. Upgrade my infocus sp8602?, which aside from black level, I am pretty happy with.

I can get it at a decent price but will i be looking at upgrading already next year ?

Pretty tempted right now maybe someone has been in this situation this year?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc

User Tag List