Official JVC DLA-X700R / RS57U Owners Thread - Page 65 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1921 of 1940 Old 08-01-2014, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Are you sure it isn't a problem with the source itself? Could be a compression problem with your cable. Are you doing any frame rate conversion??

Senior Video Editor
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1922 of 1940 Old 08-01-2014, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Are you sure it isn't a problem with the source itself? Could be a compression problem with your cable. Are you doing any frame rate conversion??

With cable TV - even " HDTV " - all bets are off. Some things look good, some not so good, some look bad.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #1923 of 1940 Old 08-02-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
It was a Blu Ray. No conversion.
post #1924 of 1940 Old 08-04-2014, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 258
One RS57 b stock still available !! Just FYI.
Kris Deering likes this.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at

Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #1925 of 1940 Old 08-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I posted this on the JVC 4910 site but am also doing so here because of AV Science.

I want to take time to thank Mike Garrett of AV Science for the consideration of my needs in purchasing my first projector: the JVC DLA-RS57U.

Mike has shown kindess and concern to me ever since I first contacted him for a possible purchase.

Mike has gone out of his way to involve himself in other aspects of my first home theater setup that have greatly aided me. I just want to thank him publicly for his great help and involvement.

Thank you Mike!
post #1926 of 1940 Old 08-12-2014, 09:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Weinman View Post
I posted this on the JVC 4910 site but am also doing so here because of AV Science.

I want to take time to thank Mike Garrett of AV Science for the consideration of my needs in purchasing my first projector: the JVC DLA-RS57U.

Mike has shown kindess and concern to me ever since I first contacted him for a possible purchase.

Mike has gone out of his way to involve himself in other aspects of my first home theater setup that have greatly aided me. I just want to thank him publicly for his great help and involvement.

Thank you Mike!
You are very welcome. Let me know how you like your set up once you get everything in place.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #1927 of 1940 Old 08-13-2014, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I too would like to thank AV Science on my 1st projector purchase of a JVC RS57 projector and a Panamorph UH480 lens system. In my case Craig Peer handled the sale and I found Craig a courteous,responsive consummate professional. I can highly recommend AV Science for all your home theater needs.
Thank you very much Craig!!!
Walt
post #1928 of 1940 Old 08-14-2014, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey Guys, i know its been a few months since most of you have had your projectors, alot of you seem to be real advanced at configuring your units, i've been slowly waiting for the newest version of calman5 to support these units with there autocal feature, i spoke to them again today and there still working on it seems when i call every 2 weeks there always 2 weeks out.. i had mentioned to them that i was using a Lumagen mini3D unit in conjunction with my projector and the guy on the phone had said i would be better off calibrating the Lumagen for the JVC, he said i would probably get a better end result vs even when there software is ready and has the autocal feature for the JVC, does anyone here use a lumagen with there JVC projector and have preformed a calibration on there unit? if so just wondering where to start what base settings and picture modes i should be using on the JVC to get the best end result...

Thanks
post #1929 of 1940 Old 08-17-2014, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I would like to purchase jvc x700 and wondering if it's able to light up a 118" wide 2.40 scope screen using zoom setting. If I use recommended iris -7 setting etc, My room is a bat cave.
post #1930 of 1940 Old 08-17-2014, 06:48 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwn1 View Post
I would like to purchase jvc x700 and wondering if it's able to light up a 118" wide 2.40 scope screen using zoom setting. If I use recommended iris -7 setting etc, My room is a bat cave.
What gain screen and what throw?

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #1931 of 1940 Old 08-17-2014, 07:00 PM

Should I go for stewart neve 1.1 or studiotek 1.3. Throw distance 157"
post #1932 of 1940 Old 08-18-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwn1 View Post
Should I go for stewart neve 1.1 or studiotek 1.3. Throw distance 157"
ST130. Give us a call if you would like pricing.

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

post #1933 of 1940 Old 08-22-2014, 11:05 PM

Can someone confirm if the Latest firmware is 1211.1 or 1211.6?
post #1934 of 1940 Old 08-23-2014, 12:09 PM

Calibration

So i finally got around to calibrating my JVC x700 with some help... One of the industry pros, Michael Chen from http://www.tlvexp.ca/ came over to my place and gave me some training on calman5, he spent over 8 hours with me in 2 days giving me the whole rundown on the history of TV,Color space, terminology and why we calibrate... the first day was great got a better understanding of REC 709, Gamma, contrast, brightness, etc and how everything fits together, day 2 we started on my JVC x700 we turned off a few options that i had on like keystone (-2), auto iris, etc some basic items that are usually on out of the box. We started off by doing Brightness, Contrast, Tint & Color with some basic slides form Spears & Munsil, DVE & Disney WOW, after that we Proceeded to use the latest Calman5, my i1display pro and my lumagen mini( for more test patterns), unfortunately i didn't do a pre cal to show you the difference but attached is my post calibration results, the Gamma is set to 2.1 on the projector seems to be a offset of .2 from the software and the setting on the device, originally we started off with 2.0 and were receiving 2.2 as end result. Michael explained how the film industry range is typically 2.2-2.6 and most films are produced anywhere between the 2.2 and 2.4 range, so with that in mind... and not knowing if a movie is 2.2,2.3 or 2.4 we decided on setting the projector in 2.3 as an end result would be best..

Here is the results

as far as the PQ, i've never seen the picture look so good, I watch Divergent last night and the PQ and black levels, were Amazing i'm only 87 hours in on the projector and every other Bluray i have watched to this point has never looked this good, getting a private lesson from Michael was definitely worth it, this is the first projector that i've did properly, i've owned calman and the i1display for 2ish years now and attempted to do calibration on my old projectors but it was never this drastic of a change. if anyone has the opportunity to pay someone to calibrate your projector or teach you the process i would say its definitely worth doing for the cost of a lesson/calibration and the amount these projectors cost its almost a no brainer....

Last edited by viper14; 08-23-2014 at 12:16 PM.
post #1935 of 1940 Old 08-23-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 322
My problem is I spent thousands on calibration software, meter, then had a pro do my display while giving me lesson...but my RS57 projector just looks great now and I have no motivation to go through all the trouble tweaking it myself. Ah well...

Just last night I was watching a Blu-Ray and I'm still gobsmacked at how beautiful the color is on this projector!

Rich H

post #1936 of 1940 Old 08-23-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness View Post
My problem is I spent thousands on calibration software, meter, then had a pro do my display while giving me lesson...but my RS57 projector just looks great now and I have no motivation to go through all the trouble tweaking it myself. Ah well...

Just last night I was watching a Blu-Ray and I'm still gobsmacked at how beautiful the color is on this projector!
Rich, don't you have any other displays in your house that could benefit from calibration, or friends/family that you could use your investment on... and also keep up with your knowledge on the app?

i kinda feel the same way as you i don't want to touch the JVC anymore but i'll definitely start working on my other displays, i have a 65" panasonic VT a 60" panasonic ST and a 50" Samsung UHD 8550, along with some other displays that might not have the proper settings to calibrate.
post #1937 of 1940 Old 08-23-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper14 View Post
Rich, don't you have any other displays in your house that could benefit from calibration, or friends/family that you could use your investment on... and also keep up with your knowledge on the app?
Nope.

I'm very busy with work (like I'm sure many are here) 7 days a week and the last thing I want to do is spend my off-time fiddling with such things. I didn't make a home theater just to create more work for myself; I just want to flop on the sofa and watch a movie.
viper14 likes this.

Rich H

post #1938 of 1940 Old 09-08-2014, 09:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
New DLA-RS57U installed, need help with 3D glasses

I just installed a RS57U projector. Everything works except 3D. I purchased an RF PKEM2P emitter from the AVS store. Now I have brand new SSG-5150 Samsung glasses that came with my Samsung LED TV. I thought they were supposed to work, but they do not. These have already been paired with my Samsung TV. Is it possible that after pairing them with the Samsung TV they will fail to work with the projector or is there an incompatibility?

Would appreciate some input.

Thanks in advance

2-Channel
Klipsch RF-7 ii (w/ Radian 475PB comp driver) + Fostex T900A
Mcintoch MC275 LE 50th anniversary (mids)
Consonance Cyber 800SE monoblocks (highs)
Wyred4SOund ST500 stereo amp (lows)
Oppo BDP-105
Stanton ST.150 Turntable
Benhringer XC3400 X-over
Panasonic TX-P50GT50 Display with Automatic...

post #1939 of 1940 Old 09-08-2014, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Re-tested several times, and it works now. I am seeing to much flickering though in 3D, is that normal?

2-Channel
Klipsch RF-7 ii (w/ Radian 475PB comp driver) + Fostex T900A
Mcintoch MC275 LE 50th anniversary (mids)
Consonance Cyber 800SE monoblocks (highs)
Wyred4SOund ST500 stereo amp (lows)
Oppo BDP-105
Stanton ST.150 Turntable
Benhringer XC3400 X-over
Panasonic TX-P50GT50 Display with Automatic...

post #1940 of 1940 Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by gago1101 View Post
Re-tested several times, and it works now. I am seeing to much flickering though in 3D, is that normal?
Noticeable 3D flickering, especially in bright scenes, is normal for JVC projectors. I find I get used to it within the first few minutes of a movie and really don't notice it after that.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X700r
Gear in this thread - X700r by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page