Official JVC DLA-X700R / RS57U Owners Thread - Page 69 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #2041 of 2067 Old 03-05-2015, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also seem to have real problem with a very dark image particularly with dark scenes. No shadow detail at all. If anyone plays destiny, some of the caves in the raid are so dark you can't see where to go.

Does anyone have some ideal settings to use? Also is there a way to reset the projector to factory settings? This seems to be a new problem.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2067 Old 03-05-2015, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 80
It's always a bummer when something goes wrong with a high dollar item buddy but what reason would you have to be pissed at AVS (or JVC for that matter)? Mike can't do anything to fix the problem on an almost one year old (used) projector. That is what the warranty is for is it not? Do you expect JVC to pay you to have the PJ sent to their facility to be repaired? Virtually no OEM will do this under their warranty. You can either bring it in or mail it in; your choice. We all know this is the case with almost all electronics we purchase; nuff said. Get it in... get it fixed... but most importantly… get over it.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

==> The Richter Family 3D Theater  
post #2043 of 2067 Old 03-05-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
It's always a bummer when something goes wrong with a high dollar item buddy but what reason would you have to be pissed at AVS (or JVC for that matter)? Mike can't do anything to fix the problem on an almost one year old (used) projector. That is what the warranty is for is it not? Do you expect JVC to pay you to have the PJ sent to their facility to be repaired? Virtually no OEM will do this under their warranty. You can either bring it in or mail it in; your choice. We all know this is the case with almost all electronics we purchase; nuff said. Get it in... get it fixed... but most importantly… get over it.
Thanks for the productive post.

I really don't have a problem with avscience. Just venting.

Regardless of whether any oem does it, they should. No customer that laid out thousands of dollars for a video device should be out a single dollar to have it repaired during the warranty period.

Just because everyone does it, that don't make it right. Great logic.

Last edited by SoonerDoc; 03-05-2015 at 08:45 PM.
post #2044 of 2067 Old 03-05-2015, 09:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1312 Post(s)
Liked: 718
Manufacturer's could pay for shipping both ways, but if they started doing that, then they would include an estimated yearly cost for this in the price of the projector and your projector would cost more. Also since this would be an estimated cost, I am sure that manufacturer's would use worst case scenario. So you would actually still be paying for this, you just would not know how much you paid for it. Just like free shipping. No such thing as free shipping. That just means the shipping cost is rolled into the product. It just makes customers feel better. That is why I tell customer's "the price includes delivery to lower 48 states." I don't use the term, free shipping. There is no free lunch. Sorry that your projector is not working properly. Hopefully JVC can get it repaired and back to you quickly.
RobZ likes this.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #2045 of 2067 Old 03-05-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Manufacturer's could pay for shipping both ways, but if they started doing that, then they would include an estimated yearly cost for this in the price of the projector and your projector would cost more. Also since this would be an estimated cost, I am sure that manufacturer's would use worst case scenario. So you would actually still be paying for this, you just would not know how much you paid for it. Just like free shipping. No such thing as free shipping. That just means the shipping cost is rolled into the product. It just makes customers feel better. That is why I tell customer's "the price includes delivery to lower 48 states." I don't use the term, free shipping. There is no free lunch. Sorry that your projector is not working properly. Hopefully JVC can get it repaired and back to you quickly.

Well, seeing some of the posts on here from others sending in their projectors for "flickering", I am not feeling very confident in Mendtronix ability to fix it or JVC's willingness to make sure it gets fixed and isn't simple "acceptable".

Mike I sent you those videos and sounds like you were able to see the flickering or flashing from my iphone videos. Do you know if this is the same type of flickering others have sent their projector in for?

Mendtronix Repair/Parts/Lamps Center-Reviews and Feedback

thanks
post #2046 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 05:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerDoc View Post
Well, seeing some of the posts on here from others sending in their projectors for "flickering", I am not feeling very confident in Mendtronix ability to fix it or JVC's willingness to make sure it gets fixed and isn't simple "acceptable".

Mike I sent you those videos and sounds like you were able to see the flickering or flashing from my iphone videos. Do you know if this is the same type of flickering others have sent their projector in for?

Mendtronix Repair/Parts/Lamps Center-Reviews and Feedback

thanks
I do not know if it is the same issue or not. I did send all of your emails and video's to a JVC engineer to analyze. Based on his response, is why I recommended sending it in.

Just so that others following along know. This is not really flicker. The whole image drops out for a split second and then comes back on. It acts like it lost HDMI sync, but does this with all sources and with a long or short HDMI cable. The other thing that makes it sound like HDMI sync issue is it happens with 1080P content, not 720P content. If devices are set to 720P, then no issue. Even does this when connected direct from source to projector. Deep color is turned off. Sources are: PS4, Xbox and BD player. Happens with all devices, but more often with PS4 and Xbox games.

What firmware are you running? Also, when sending in, along with including a note with the problem, I would get an email address, so that you can send in the video. I would not call the issue flickering. It is drop out. Make sure the problem is with BD also because gaming systems do regular updates and something there could be causing the problem.

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .

Last edited by AV Science Sales 5; 03-06-2015 at 08:16 AM.
post #2047 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Both HDMI ports? I would try to re-apply the firmware before sending it in. it might be worth a shot.
post #2048 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 08:37 AM

I updated firmware about 6 weeks ago without problem. Was doing the same thing before and after the firmware update.

The vast majority of the time it happens with VG consoles. Only seen it with OPPO bluray player a couple times. With the VG consoles it is FAR more frequent with 1080P signals then 720P signals although I have seen it a few times with 720P

I have probably been misrepresenting the problem as flicker. It is what Mike said. Screen turns black for a half a sec as if the signal was lost and then comes back. Was able to post vids to youtube and you can clearly see the issue.

THANKS!
post #2049 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 08:42 AM

Also if someone who really knows this projector well, could point me to some settings that would be best to get the best image in a dark scene, it would be very much appreciated. On a darkly lit scene, the darker areas just blend into giant black blobs with no detail at all. Faces are very dark as well.

Didn't seem to have this problem a month ago, but then messed around with settings when troubleshooting the flashing issue and now can't seem to get the image back to where it was.

again, thanks so much for any help
post #2050 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 446
What brand/model HDMI cable are you using? How long is the cable? It almost seems like you're dropping the signal on occasion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Crazy Projector Journey!
post #2051 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Also if someone who really knows this projector well, could point me to some settings that would be best to get the best image in a dark scene, it would be very much appreciated. On a darkly lit scene, the darker areas just blend into giant black blobs with no detail at all. Faces are very dark as well.

Didn't seem to have this problem a month ago, but then messed around with settings when troubleshooting the flashing issue and now can't seem to get the image back to where it was.

again, thanks so much for any help
Under the HDMI setting in the menus, try changing the setting to enhanced. You can also change the gamma setting. Normal & Cont. Priority are good default settings.

Last edited by Seegs108; 03-06-2015 at 09:02 AM.
post #2052 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
What brand/model HDMI cable are you using? How long is the cable? It almost seems like you're dropping the signal on occasion.
It is a monoprice redmere 30 ft cable. I have also tried shorter 6 foot cables including the one that came with xbox one. I have tried at least 5 different HDMI cables. As mentioned earlier I have tried three different AV receivers. Have also connected directly from source to projector.

All have the same issue. The only time I cannot reproduce the issue is when I use all the same equipment connecting to a 40 inch sony 1080P LCD TV.
post #2053 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Sounds like it's time to send it in then. Most likely a bad board.

post #2054 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 09:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
Sounds like it's time to send it in then. Most likely a bad board.
From going back and forth with him trouble shooting and from talking with JVC engineer, we came to the same conclusion, unfortunately.

post #2055 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 09:11 AM

FYI, the videos are from two different game consoles, PS4 and Xbox One.

As mentioned previously I really only see it from the game consoles. A few times I have seen it when streaming VUDU from the oppo player.

Never seen it playing a bluray disc from the Oppo in 1080P, and never seen it running 720P video from two directv boxes.

Can't remember if I have seen it from an Apple TV.

Also want to apologize to Mike. He has been nothing but helpful. Don't have any real issue with him or AVScience. Just frustrated at the thought of dealing with this.

Last edited by SoonerDoc; 03-06-2015 at 09:31 AM.
post #2056 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 37
FWIW my very first RS50 projector was virtually perfect in every regard except one.....there were momentary dropouts using both HDMI ports. The component input had no issues whatsoever. Since it was brand spanking new Jason (AVS) replaced it with a second unit which did not have the problem (or the almost perfect convergence).

Geof
post #2057 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 07:44 PM

Asked earlier but haven't been able to find it. In the early part of this thread there is talk about doing a factory reset on the projector, but I can't figure out how to do it. Certainly want to try this before I pull it off the ceiling and ship it in for repair.

Thanks.
post #2058 of 2067 Old 03-06-2015, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Asked earlier but haven't been able to find it. In the early part of this thread there is talk about doing a factory reset on the projector, but I can't figure out how to do it. Certainly want to try this before I pull it off the ceiling and ship it in for repair.

Thanks.
Iirc the factory reset is in the service menu. The code to get into that menu is Up, Down, Left, Right, Enter.
post #2059 of 2067 Old 03-07-2015, 08:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Anyone using the Schneider x lens (small) with this jvc model? A fellow avs member and I are talking about trading his Schneider lens for my prismasonjc 6000. I can not find the min throw ratio for the small Schneider lens. Looks like past jvc models were 2.24 for min. My projector is 15.9 ft from the lens to the screen and my 2.35.1 scope screen is 110 wide (78" wide for 16x9). My projector is currently at mendtronjx, but I am 99.9% certain of the numbers. 2.42 would be my throw ratio

My guess is the small lens would work with my set up. Thoughts?

Thanks
Ron

"Retired" AVS Moderator
For Sale: Philips HUE Color Par19 starter pack, includes bulbs, bridge and cables $150 shipped!
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/211-ac...r16-bulbs.html
post #2060 of 2067 Old 03-13-2015, 06:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

We'll I just got back my jvc after it second trip to mendtronix. First trip was power assembly. Second trip was to replace the case that was chipped during the return trip. Today I get it running and it won't sync with the lumagen scaler in the loop. I can run the oppo 103 directly to the jvc and run the signal through the denon, but once it enters the lumagen, it shows no signal. Any thoughts? I haven't change anything in my set up prior to sending it back to replace the case.

Thanks

Ron

"Retired" AVS Moderator
For Sale: Philips HUE Color Par19 starter pack, includes bulbs, bridge and cables $150 shipped!
post #2061 of 2067 Old 03-13-2015, 09:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Well it's worse than the syncing issue there is a vertical line that shows up off and on throughout all blu rays. Top to bottom about 1/3 from left side. This was never there before I originally sent it in for thr power assembly repair, nor the ten days I kept it after the repair before I sent it back to replace the case that was cracked during the return delivery. So this line showed up after the case had been replaced

Anyone experienced this issue or know what could be causing it? Obviously it was something that was already breaking down or was cause pd during the replacement of the case?

To say that I am frustrated doesn't describe it.

Ron

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #2062 of 2067 Old 03-15-2015, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 8
It definitely seems like this could be a cable issue but yeah, that's annoying
post #2063 of 2067 Old 03-15-2015, 03:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiolvr64 View Post
It definitely seems like this could be a cable issue but yeah, that's annoying
Not a cable issue...narrowed it down through multiple sources, multi cables and it comes back to the projector. I want to make sure everything in the loop has been checked. That being said, today after two days of seeing the line....today it does not appear. I think it's hdmi input / sync issue. I won't send it in till I see the line each time for multiple days ....worst thing to do,is send it in and for the lab not to see it ...waste of time for all involved. The part needs to be in complete fail mode so assured it will be repaired

Ron

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #2064 of 2067 Old 03-15-2015, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
We'll I just got back my jvc after it second trip to mendtronix. First trip was power assembly. Second trip was to replace the case that was chipped during the return trip. Today I get it running and it won't sync with the lumagen scaler in the loop. I can run the oppo 103 directly to the jvc and run the signal through the denon, but once it enters the lumagen, it shows no signal. Any thoughts? I haven't change anything in my set up prior to sending it back to replace the case.

Thanks

Ron
I had the same issue with the 103D and the lumagen in the loop. The 103D works fine without the Lumagen in both inptuts on the JVC 4910. I solved the problem by using HDMI input 2 on the JVC outputting from the Lumagen. Since I switched to input 2 the issue has been resolved. Don't know if you tried this but it might be worth a try. It seems that the JVC is very flaky with HDMI handshakes. I would give Lumagen a call they may have some suggestions. I also tried various cables and the problem was not resolved until I switched to input 2.
post #2065 of 2067 Old 03-15-2015, 04:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I found the same thing. Going into the jvc 2 input and I ran the signal prior to starting up the jvc. Both allowed me to get an image through the lumagen in the chain.

Thanks for your reply.

Ron
post #2066 of 2067 Old 03-15-2015, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
I found the same thing. Going into the jvc 2 input and I ran the signal prior to starting up the jvc. Both allowed me to get an image through the lumagen in the chain.

Thanks for your reply.

Ron
I spoke to Lumagen about this and they were not surprised. They said just leave it on 2. I was told that issues with different HDMI inputs is not unusual. Glad it is working. I just discovered this by trial and error.
post #2067 of 2067 Unread Today, 08:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Just letting people know, that we have a couple RS6710 B-stocks coming in. Call for details.

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X700r
Gear in this thread - X700r by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page