Official JVC DLA-X700R / RS57U Owners Thread - Page 70 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-02-2015, 08:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Vesa Protocal Btwn Boxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripe88 View Post
I'm having a problem with my RS57u. I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I'll admit that I've read a few dozen posts, but not a hundred. So, the answer may be in this thread.

I have my JVC connected to a Denon 4520ci using HDMI 1. I only have one source connected to the AVR, an Oppo 103D.

The JVC has been perfect since I connected it in late December. I have about 150 hours on it.

Just this week, The projector will not show the Oppo menu or Netflix. It will show blurays and DVDs just fine. For example, start a bluray, hit stop, the screen goes black. No Oppo menu. Hit play, the JVC shows the disc image. Hit stop, no video. Same with transitioning from a disc to Netflix, no video.

I read posts in the JVC HDMI thread. I was prepared to update the firmware, but the unit is already on r1211.6.

Is this a problem with transitioning from 1080p/24 to 1080p/60?
Am I starting the equipment up in the wrong sequence?
Have one of the kids changed a setting inadvertently?

I'm happy to troubleshoot, but would love some direction to avoid reinventing the wheel.

Thx all.
Could be Vesa protocol exchange between devices on the signal chain gets messed up. Sometimes it's just a matter of a hot plug disconnect (HDMI cbl) and reconnect. If this does not work after several attempts, try power on reset with the OPPO with all cables connected. Sometimes I have had to do this 10 times or so ... then the boxes start talking to each other and the problem goes away for a long period of time. I've done this several times. Automation is great! lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2015, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 80
RedStripe - First thing… Take the Denon out of the chain (Oppo direct to 57), and let us know if the menu reappears.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

==> The Richter Family 3D Theater  
Old 04-03-2015, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichter1 View Post
RedStripe - First thing… Take the Denon out of the chain (Oppo direct to 57), and let us know if the menu reappears.
Thanks for the input guys. I'm starting to trouble shoot tonight, and this weekend if I can't figure it out tonight.

Took the Denon out of the chain. Oppo HDMI1 direct to 57U. No menu. Connected a flat screen to HDMI1. Menu was visible on the flat screen. Connected the 57U HDMI to Oppo HDMI 2. No menu.

Did a factory reset on the Oppo. Same results as above.

Should I reset the JVC? Is there an easy way to do that? I'll search this forum, next.

Edit: Found it. the factory reset is in the service menu. The code to get into that menu is Up, Down, Right, Left, Enter.

Trying that now.

My in progress build thread: Hidden in Bethesda

Last edited by RedStripe88; 04-04-2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisBP View Post
I see several people are having the same problem as I did in my first post (no video from any source through either input). I turned the projector off and waited until the red light was solid (fan stopped) then unplugged and plugged right back in. that's all it took. it would be interesting to determine the change that causes this problem. when i unboxed my PJ, I turned it on without any source connected to do my initial zoom and shift so it would be easier to see the on screen menu when I mounted it on the ceiling. After mounting, I connected sources and turned it on - to my surprise no picture. I will never be able to get back the half hour of panic until I did what I tell my friends when they have a PC or DVR problem - when in doubt - reboot!
That worked!!

Thanks guys

My in progress build thread: Hidden in Bethesda
Old 04-04-2015, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I just ordered a 57U from Mike at AVS to replace my 7 year old RS1. I'm excited to see the upgraded picture. Anyone here make the same upgrade? Any thoughts?
AV Science Sales 5 likes this.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

I bought the other 57u. Should arrive Thursday. Upgrading from Epson 6020. Now I'm looking for lots of Fidelio black velvet. lool.

The JVC is highly linear compared to the Epson projector. I use eeColor as my image processor. I might blow the dust of my mini3 and try that at some point.
AV Science Sales 5 likes this.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:07 PM

Congrats! I couldn't pass up such a great deal! You'll get yours well ahead of me as mine is being shipped all the way to Hawaii!
Old 04-05-2015, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Old 04-05-2015, 12:34 PM

For anyone who replaced a DLA RS1 with the DLA-X700R / RS57U could you tell me if I can use the same Chief ceiling mount?
Old 04-05-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post
Congrats to both of you - I know you will enjoy your 57s!
Thanks!
Old 04-07-2015, 11:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post
Congrats to both of you - I know you will enjoy your 57s!

Thx!
Old 04-07-2015, 02:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1484 Post(s)
Liked: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
For anyone who replaced a DLA RS1 with the DLA-X700R / RS57U could you tell me if I can use the same Chief ceiling mount?
Mount on your RS1 will not work with RS57. Do you need to add a mount to your order? Call or email to discuss.

Added
I sent you an email.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
Old 04-21-2015, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
I just ordered a 57U from Mike at AVS to replace my 7 year old RS1. I'm excited to see the upgraded picture. Anyone here make the same upgrade? Any thoughts?
It's been a few years since I've seen an RS1, but the picture upgrade should bring a big smile to your face !
Dr. Jekyll likes this.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!

Tags
Jvc Dla X700r
Gear in this thread - X700r by PriceGrabber.com