Official JVC DLA-X700R / RS57U Owners Thread - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2101 of 2110 Old 07-17-2015, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0

I am going to replace my old Panasonic PT 2000 and I am looking at both the JVC DLA-X700R and the JVC DLA-RS57U. I cannot tell if these are the same units, and if not, what the differences are. I am also looking at the Sony VPL-HW40ES for less $$ as it has received such great reviews. I'm sure this may have been covered in this thread already but I would appreciate any input. Are the 2 JVC models the same? I have a dedicated theater room in my garage.
4K not an issue.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2110 Old 07-17-2015, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravicchio View Post
I am going to replace my old Panasonic PT 2000 and I am looking at both the JVC DLA-X700R and the JVC DLA-RS57U. I cannot tell if these are the same units, and if not, what the differences are. I am also looking at the Sony VPL-HW40ES for less $$ as it has received such great reviews. I'm sure this may have been covered in this thread already but I would appreciate any input. Are the 2 JVC models the same? I have a dedicated theater room in my garage.
4K not an issue.

Thanks
Yes they are basically identical except the Pro model aka 57U offers an additional year of warranty and has a gold bezel. Ask AVS about the reconditioned units for a great deal. I have one of them and can't be more happier!
post #2103 of 2110 Old 07-17-2015, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1660 Post(s)
Liked: 605
The X700 is head over heels better than the HW40ES. Honestly don't even bother with it. Your PT-AE2000 is better in my opinion than the HW40ES.

In the sub $2000 price range it has a pretty decent image but doesn't hold a candle to most of the models talked about in this subforum. If you want to go with something cheaper I'd look into a used HW30ES. Better overall than the HW40ES as it has much better contrast performance.

Last edited by Seegs108; 07-17-2015 at 06:55 PM.
post #2104 of 2110 Old 07-17-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
The X700 is head over heels better than the HW40ES. Honestly don't even bother with it. Your PT-AE2000 is better in my opinion than the HW40ES.
Thanks for the advice
post #2105 of 2110 Old 07-17-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Yes they are basically identical except the Pro model aka 57U offers an additional year of warranty and has a gold bezel. Ask AVS about the reconditioned units for a great deal. I have one of them and can't be more happier!
Thanks
post #2106 of 2110 Old 07-17-2015, 07:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1971 Post(s)
Liked: 1068
Quote:
4K not an issue.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
The 57 and the 700 are the same projector. The 57 is sold from the pro side and has a gold trim ring around the lens and the 700 has a silver trim ring around the lens. Both have the same 2 year warranty. Only pro models ending in 10 have extended warranties.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
post #2107 of 2110 Old 07-17-2015, 07:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1971 Post(s)
Liked: 1068
Quote:
4K not an issue.

Thanks
Sent you a PM.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha & MiniDSP.
post #2108 of 2110 Old 07-20-2015, 07:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 49
Hi Guys:

Just got bStock 6710 from Mike @ av science. I'm having problems getting saturation levels looking right for cin2 (the color space closest to DCI). I have the unit a default conditions with all the options off and iris set to manual. The 20th Century Fox 3D image for FOX movies looks desat yellow, like THX. Infact, there is no difference among THX, Cinema and Film. My Epson 6020 projector's cinema mode has the 20th Century Fox Image looking like gold or a deep sat yellow. My friends JVC 75 also looks similar ... deep gold FOX image. I can't get film and cinema to display deeply saturated colors.

I did factory reset, reset all the device color spaces. What works is setting tint -50 and color +50, which is absurd.

Kind Regards,

JJ
post #2109 of 2110 Old 07-20-2015, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Ft Print View Post
Hi Guys:

Just got bStock 6710 from Mike @ av science. I'm having problems getting saturation levels looking right for cin2 (the color space closest to DCI). I have the unit a default conditions with all the options off and iris set to manual. The 20th Century Fox 3D image for FOX movies looks desat yellow, like THX. Infact, there is no difference among THX, Cinema and Film. My Epson 6020 projector's cinema mode has the 20th Century Fox Image looking like gold or a deep sat yellow. My friends JVC 75 also looks similar ... deep gold FOX image. I can't get film and cinema to display deeply saturated colors.

I did factory reset, reset all the device color spaces. What works is setting tint -50 and color +50, which is absurd.

Kind Regards,

JJ
I used the settings that Mike emailed me on my 57U and I don't have any issues. I will say that on start up the Netflix red welcome screen is washed out but after if warms up the red is pure and rich on my 110" CenterStage screen.
post #2110 of 2110 Unread Today, 03:30 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 49
Here is no color space issue with my JVC 6710. It turns out the Fox 20th Century logo does not have standards for its colors. Some blu ray movies are a light yellow, some are deep saturated yellow/gold. I checked the color ramps for various device color spaces (Film, Cinema, Photo, THX, ect) and they look good!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc Dla X700r
Gear in this thread - X700r by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page