Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 57 Old 01-19-2014, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumastew View Post

I ordered mine from the company that did all the rest of my home theater install. The order was placed December 8th. They told me expected delivery date was January 10th.
On January 10th, no delivery and when they called their Sony Rep he said a firm delivery date would be given the following Monday.
On the 13th the Sony rep told my dealer that Sony was not commiting to any firm shipping dates.
As I had only paid a 50% deposit on my final HT items the vendor has offered a return of my funds if I find somewhere that can get me a 55ES before my Super Bowl party. (Haha, I have 16 people waiting to know if they have somewhere to visit on Feb 2nd). I am not really interested in paying MSRP. So I guess I will just wait my turn.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, except the dealer that I ordered from is also the employer of a friend of mine... which makes it even worse. He's not happy about making me wait either, but there's not much he can do about it. If I don't get a shipment confirmation this week, I may have to order elsewhere so that I have it before the Superbowl also, even though I'll most likely end up paying more for it too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 Old 01-20-2014, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
I ordered mine from the company that did all the rest of my home theater install. The order was placed December 8th. They told me expected delivery date was January 10th.
On January 10th, no delivery and when they called their Sony Rep he said a firm delivery date would be given the following Monday.
On the 13th the Sony rep told my dealer that Sony was not commiting to any firm shipping dates.
As I had only paid a 50% deposit on my final HT items the vendor has offered a return of my funds if I find somewhere that can get me a 55ES before my Super Bowl party. (Haha, I have 16 people waiting to know if they have somewhere to visit on Feb 2nd). I am not really interested in paying MSRP. So I guess I will just wait my turn.

That's a bummer. We ( AV Science ) have had sporadic HW55 deliveries so far. But they keep trickling in. Hopefully you will get yours soon.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #33 of 57 Old 01-20-2014, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just wish there was a straight forward...you order on this date, you receive it on this date.

I can't think of any other ~$4,000 item where I would tolerate an unknown delivery date.

Maybe this is bc this is my first home theater system.
post #34 of 57 Old 01-21-2014, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quote:
I just wish there was a straight forward...you order on this date, you receive it on this date.

I can't think of any other ~$4,000 item where I would tolerate an unknown delivery date.

Maybe this is bc this is my first home theater system.

Don't ever buy First Growth Bordeaux wine futures then. Same thing - you don't know exactly when they will arrive. At least with AV Science, we don't charge your credit card until we actually have the item to ship to you ( unless it is a special order item ). I think it took 3 months from the time I ordered my Sim Lumis Host until I actually had it. In my case though, I was ordering one of the very first of those projectors, and I had a good projector while I waited too.

I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
post #35 of 57 Old 01-21-2014, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 20
You don't get an exact date when you order a 40k car either.
post #36 of 57 Old 01-21-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 351
But with a $135K car, you won't have any problem getting dates once you get the car.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
call me at: 240 876 2536
post #37 of 57 Old 01-21-2014, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

If I was single Mark I wouldn't have any problem getting dates with my home theater and my wine cellar od Bordeaux either!! smile.gif

post #38 of 57 Old 01-21-2014, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnielsenbb View Post

That's a pretty bad analogy and Sony can't even give an estimated month. Automobiles are not special ordered very often and I'd say hardly ever as they are readily available. I've ordered one car, a Volvo, and I was given a pretty accurate estimated date and I was even able to track it all the way across the Atlantic. Our current BMW 750 had to be transferred from a sister dealership and we received it two days later. Dealer also gave us a new 750 to drive for those two days. I will give Sony credit for creating a high demand with a very limited supply on their new products, always the same story it seems.

I think ordering from AVS or direct from Sony is the way to go as the odds aren't very good for getting an HW55 from other sources from what I can tell. I knew nothing about AVS sales when I joined this forum but sure wish I'd known and ordered from AVS originally. I cancelled my previous order from another dealer and switched to AVS last week. Hopefully I'll get it soon but either way the customer service here at AVS is excellent.
post #39 of 57 Old 01-21-2014, 08:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I remember Cliffy at his HT parties running stacked G90's after the experts tweaked them a bit and him screaming to his really hot wife, HONEY COME DOWN HERE AND LOOK AT THOSE BLACKS.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #40 of 57 Old 01-22-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:

That's funny. I am just about to order a $40,000 car, and the dealer has given me an exact date to pick it up if I decide to move forward with the purchase.

As C130 mentioned, your analogy is not the best.

I also cancelled my order with my home theater company, and placed an order with AVS. Here is hoping that my projector can make it in time for the Superbowl.
post #41 of 57 Old 01-22-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I like the cars are readily available comment smile.gif Maybe Volvo, but I will certainly have to order my next car to get what I want. Corvettes and Mustangs are not readily available with the specs I want. Even my Durango wasn't what I wanted, and I looked in a 600 mile radius. If I hadn't killed my old one I would have ordered that too, but they told me 3 to 6 weeks. Pretty sure Ford gave me a range like that too.
I do agree that getting withing a month on a projector would sure be nice. Still hoping something good 4k and/or laser comes around the corner. I may have to order a hw55es to hold me over.
post #42 of 57 Old 01-22-2014, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I like the cars are readily available comment smile.gif

I wasn't trying to be smart, just stating a fact. I know some people want specific items on a car or lack of items but for easily 99% of buyers they can find a car on the lot or have it within a day or two.

Back on topic, a company as large as Sony should not be having a supply issue on a new projector. It's a great projector for the money which is why the demand is so great I guess but it's Sony after all and I just expect better. I feel confident I'll get it soon and being my first projector I'm a little over anxious I guess. My issue from previous company I ordered from was they charged my credit card on day I ordered and no communication when they stated they would communicate. That's not an issue now.

post #43 of 57 Old 01-22-2014, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Can somebody email me the purchase price for this projector? Also, does my Onkyo SR805 work with this projector? I don't plan to watch too much 3D. Looking to replace my Epson 6500UB.

I believe the current setting is pass through HDMI on my receiver.

Thanks,
TT
post #44 of 57 Old 01-22-2014, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post

But with a $135K car, you won't have any problem getting dates once you get the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

If I was single Mark I wouldn't have any problem getting dates with my home theater and my wine cellar od Bordeaux either!! smile.gif

I feel sorry for you guys. All I have to do is walk myself into the room to get a date. smile.gif
post #45 of 57 Old 01-22-2014, 07:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I have been married for over 30 years. Dates to me are a fruit to consume. Craig is married too, But if he weren't, I can just see him a sking a girl at a bar let's go class 4/5 kayaking or let's free climb a class 9 or whatever hard technical climbs are rated. What? Relax, if you survive I have a HT and expensive wine to drink. What do you do for a living? Doctor? Lawyer? Nah. I sell HT gear over the phone. Man he would score. Not!
Craig Peer likes this.

Mark Haflich
markhaflich@yahoo.com
post #46 of 57 Old 01-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Well it took a little over a month, but I finally have a confirmed fedex tracking #. Woohoo!! It's coming from the east coast, so not likely to be here for the Superbowl, but I'll survive. Looking forward to posting my impressions on the official 55es forum!
post #47 of 57 Old 01-30-2014, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Received my HW55 today and I'd lke to say thanks to AVS and specifically Mike who answered all my many questions promptly and for keeping me I informed. I couldn't have asked for better customer service and wish I'd ordered from AVS from day one but when I joined this forum I knew nothing about their sales department. Now I know and personally I think AVS is the place to order from, fair prices and excellent customer service. Thanks, looking forward to getting it set up and enjoying time with the family.
post #48 of 57 Old 01-30-2014, 08:53 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by C130 View Post

Received my HW55 today and I'd lke to say thanks to AVS and specifically Mike who answered all my many questions promptly and for keeping me I informed. I couldn't have asked for better customer service and wish I'd ordered from AVS from day one but when I joined this forum I knew nothing about their sales department. Now I know and personally I think AVS is the place to order from, fair prices and excellent customer service. Thanks, looking forward to getting it set up and enjoying time with the family.

You are welcome. smile.gif If we can help you with anything else, please let us know.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #49 of 57 Old 01-31-2014, 05:24 PM

Yet again Brother C130 is 2 days ahead of Brother Stew.

I would also like to thank Mike and AVS for working miracles and getting my 55ES for me before the Superbowl.

Great service, great pricing and the ability to walk on water, at least two of the three are true of Mike and maybe the third is true as well.

I do not have my projector in hand yet, but I do have a delivery date from UPS for tomorrow.

I have 8 couples coming over on Sunday and at least half of those are interested on adding a HT to their homes depending on how awesome mine looks. I bet AVS gets a few more sales from providing this great service for me.

/New Fan Boy Rant Over
post #50 of 57 Old 01-31-2014, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Glad you're getting it tomorrow, you'll really enjoy it. Should make for a great Superbowl party! My wife and I went out looking for more 3D glasses but had no luck. Seems the Playstation glasses aren't available anymore either so I'll try a couple other places tomorrow or order online. Just watched Blackhawk Down which I hadn't seen since it was released years ago. We are really going to enjoy this projector.
post #51 of 57 Old 02-01-2014, 04:24 PM

Arrived at 10:30am. Set up by noon.

I am amazed by how awesome it is. Even in a bright room.

Thanks once again to AVS and the foljs on the forum that helped my decision.

Stew
post #52 of 57 Old 02-01-2014, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Aaarrgh! My shipment via fedex got delayed again. No Super Bowl on the 55es for me. Looks like Tuesday now. Oh well...I guess I'll survive 😉
post #53 of 57 Old 02-01-2014, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
That's to bad was wandering if you were going to get it today. Thanks for letting me take a look at the monoprice screen.

post #54 of 57 Old 02-01-2014, 11:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil View Post

That's to bad was wandering if you were going to get it today. Thanks for letting me take a look at the monoprice screen.

You have the link to the screen?
post #55 of 57 Old 02-02-2014, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Here is the link.http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10829&cs_id=1082910&p_id=7968&seq=1&format=2. I didn't see any problems with the screen when sitting in different spots in the room. I also like the way the Multi-Format Feature worked in converting it from a 16:9 to a 2.35:1 aspect ratio. The only thing is you have to pay for shipping when you buy the screens on monoprice.

post #56 of 57 Old 02-10-2014, 09:20 AM

Any updates on current supply of these projectors? I'm in the queue and am of course very anxious to get it!

Thanks
post #57 of 57 Old 02-10-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdehoff View Post

Any updates on current supply of these projectors? I'm in the queue and am of course very anxious to get it!

Thanks

Sent you a PM. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Hw55es 3d Projector , Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector
Gear in this thread - 5030ub by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page