Consensus best 3D glasses / emitter for JVCs? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 66 Old 01-18-2014, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I just thought of this...if I'm getting an image on my screen while playing a 3D blu-ray, my cable passes 3D information, correct? I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't appear to work and just be doing it incorrectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 66 Old 01-18-2014, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

OK, I finally got the Samsung SSG5100GB to work! First I sync'd the Xpand-105-RF-1x (beware they arrived with 0% charge, plug the in for 5 min. and they'll sync) so I knew they pj and emmitter were working then tried the Samsungs. Not sure, but I changed the battery on the Samsung just for grins even though they were powering up and the second they came on they were already sync'd so maybe it happened and I left them on too long and they had too weak a battery to work...either way, these glasses do work with the new 2014 JVC projectors (I have the RS4910). 3D mode was set to Auto and worked for both types of glasses. I bought 2 pairs of Xpand 105-RFs and 2 pairs on Samsungs, for the kids, for less than 1 pair of JVCs.

Will report back with impressions.
post #33 of 66 Old 01-24-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post

OK, I finally got the Samsung SSG5100GB to work! First I sync'd the Xpand-105-RF-1x (beware they arrived with 0% charge, plug the in for 5 min. and they'll sync) so I knew they pj and emmitter were working then tried the Samsungs. Not sure, but I changed the battery on the Samsung just for grins even though they were powering up and the second they came on they were already sync'd so maybe it happened and I left them on too long and they had too weak a battery to work...either way, these glasses do work with the new 2014 JVC projectors (I have the RS4910). 3D mode was set to Auto and worked for both types of glasses. I bought 2 pairs of Xpand 105-RFs and 2 pairs on Samsungs, for the kids, for less than 1 pair of JVCs.

Will report back with impressions.

Have you had a chance to review any further? I have the same projector as you do on its way and love the thought of an inexpensive solution for 3D glasses.
Are you using the JVC PK-EM2 emitter? What is your official opinion on the Samsung glasses?
Thanks

Mark A. Torre

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #34 of 66 Old 01-25-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torre View Post

Have you had a chance to review any further? I have the same projector as you do on its way and love the thought of an inexpensive solution for 3D glasses.
Are you using the JVC PK-EM2 emitter? What is your official opinion on the Samsung glasses?
Thanks

I've watched a few 3D movies now, A-B'ing with the Samsung 5100 and the Xpand 105-RF and there's only a very slight difference in brightness, hard to put a % on it, maybe 10%, but it could be more or less. I had the crosstalk cancel turned all the way up (for extra brightness) and on Animation mode, Standard color, etc. I quickly switched between Xpand and Samsung...a slight decrease in brightness/color shift is all I saw and I mean SLIGHT. My wife couldn't tell the difference. Get the Xpands for yourself and the Samsung for everyone else.
post #35 of 66 Old 01-27-2014, 12:42 PM
kal
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post

I contacted Curt Palm about the Bitcauldrons, they stated they have sent the question of compatibility in to the manufacturer and are waiting on a response.
Your post reminds me that I never received a response so I asked again and they stated:

"I don't have any confirmation but as long as there is a 3D VESA port which I don't think they have taken off they should work. Again same thing as before though they are meant to work on there own not in combination with JVC glasses or emitters."

So I'd say it's a pretty safe bet (if I was a betting man) given that JVC hasn't gotten rid of the 3D VESA port on their 2014 line of projectors (49/57/67). They do work on older models that support 3D and have the 3D VESA sync port like the DLA-X35, DLA-X55, DLA-X75, DLA-X95, DLA-RS46E, DLA-RS48E, DLA-RS55E, DLA-RS56E, DLA-RS65E, DLA-RS66E, DLA-X3, DLA-X7, DLA-X9, DLA-X30, DLA-X70, DLA-X90, DLA-RS40, DLA-RS45, DLA-RS55, DLA-RS60, and DLA-RS66, etc.

If anyone wants to send me an RS57 or RS67 to do some extensive testing for a few months just to be sure, I'd be more than happy to oblige. wink.gif (RS57 and RS67 only please - I don't want to downgrade from my current RS56). biggrin.gif

Kal
pottscb likes this.

Editor:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Founder:

|

post #36 of 66 Old 01-27-2014, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

I know the 56's are nice, but I dont think I'd trade my 4910...as long as everyone's happy!
post #37 of 66 Old 01-28-2014, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kal View Post

Your post reminds me that I never received a response so I asked again and they stated:

"I don't have any confirmation but as long as there is a 3D VESA port which I don't think they have taken off they should work. Again same thing as before though they are meant to work on there own not in combination with JVC glasses or emitters."

So I'd say it's a pretty safe bet (if I was a betting man) given that JVC hasn't gotten rid of the 3D VESA port on their 2014 line of projectors (49/57/67). They do work on older models that support 3D and have the 3D VESA sync port like the DLA-X35, DLA-X55, DLA-X75, DLA-X95, DLA-RS46E, DLA-RS48E, DLA-RS55E, DLA-RS56E, DLA-RS65E, DLA-RS66E, DLA-X3, DLA-X7, DLA-X9, DLA-X30, DLA-X70, DLA-X90, DLA-RS40, DLA-RS45, DLA-RS55, DLA-RS60, and DLA-RS66, etc.

If anyone wants to send me an RS57 or RS67 to do some extensive testing for a few months just to be sure, I'd be more than happy to oblige. wink.gif (RS57 and RS67 only please - I don't want to downgrade from my current RS56). biggrin.gif

Kal

Wow… picky, picky Kal! tongue.gif

BTW - Last night I installed the split 3D VESA cable (thanks goes out to Manni for the assistance!), for both IR & RF output using the new xPand x105 Lite RF glasses (the clone of the new OEMs just vertically polarized), and they worked very well (very comfortable & great peripheral view!), and at $50 makes a great value for anyone with a non-retaining screen. They worked simultaneous to my older IR x104's & OEM JVC usb models.

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

post #38 of 66 Old 02-01-2014, 07:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I received my bit cauldron glasses and emitter from curtpalme.

Setup was easy.
I dont know yet how to turn off the classes, but they turn off by themselves after a while.

Unfortunately, I cannot compare what I see to anything else since it is the first time I have my own setup to watch 3d at home.

I havent managed yet to find a setting that satisfies me. I played with parallax and cross talk cancellation on my RS57 and the only setting that produces non disturbing crosstalk results in a dim, non 3d like image. I have tested avatar and the hobbit.

I find the 2D picture so wonderful on my RS57 that I will not bother anymore with 3D. I am glad I just ordered one pair of glasses and not the 6 pairs I initially thought of...

Stef
post #39 of 66 Old 02-01-2014, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef2 View Post

Setup was easy.
I dont know yet how to turn off the classes, but they turn off by themselves after a while.

Unfortunately, I cannot compare what I see to anything else since it is the first time I have my own setup to watch 3d at home.

I havent managed yet to find a setting that satisfies me. I played with parallax and cross talk cancellation on my RS57 and the only setting that produces non disturbing crosstalk results in a dim, non 3d like image. I have tested avatar and the hobbit.

I find the 2D picture so wonderful on my RS57 that I will not bother anymore with 3D. I am glad I just ordered one pair of glasses and not the 6 pairs I initially thought of...

Your glasses and emitter are probably not working right. My monster vision glasses, which I think are also bit coudron did not work properly at all with the JVC. I got the official JVC glasses and emitter and the results are MUCH better. Don't give up on 3D till u see it working.

Are you getting EXCESSIVE crosstalk because the JVC is actually pretty good for crosstalk and there should not be disturbing amounts.
post #40 of 66 Old 02-01-2014, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan48 View Post

Your glasses and emitter are probably not working right. My monster vision glasses, which I think are also bit coudron did not work properly at all with the JVC. I got the official JVC glasses and emitter and the results are MUCH better. Don't give up on 3D till u see it working.

Are you getting EXCESSIVE crosstalk because the JVC is actually pretty good for crosstalk and there should not be disturbing amounts.

Well, I manage to cancel any visible crosstalk, but but doing so reduces brightness too much. This is all so subjective though...

Stef
post #41 of 66 Old 02-01-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef2 View Post

If you give up on 3D then that's a real shame. I've personally lost interest in 2D. 3D with the proper projector and the right screen can be an extremely immersive experience. I am obviously a 3D lover and promoter smile.gif and it frustrates me that many people are viewing 3D in less than optimal environments. mad.gif The projector manufacturers have done a real disservice to 3D by not providing equipment that works properly and charging way too much for the glasses and emitters. I bought four pairs of PS3 IR universal 3D glasses today for $9.95 each -- they work great with Epson, Sharp, Mits and Sony projectors that use IR emitters. So why are the projector manufacturers charging $99 to $150 for each pair of their glasses? Greed is killing 3D.
post #42 of 66 Old 03-15-2014, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Is there any indication that the Xpand 105 will perform worse (w.r.t. ghosting/crosstalk) as compared to the JVC glasses? I'm finding the Xpands with the JVC emitter close to unwatchable on my 4910. Should I be considering the bit cauldron/optima glasses instead for their ability to tune the timing to reduce crosstalk?

Also, are there test patterns (via PC) I can use to check the ghosting and tune the crosstalk/etc parameters?

- Jeff

WTB: PSA XS15 or XS15se, PM me.

Small HT: JVC RS4910, Mits HC7900DW, Falcon 2.35:1 100-wide, Marantz SR7008, Triad Gold Omni SE & Silver Surrounds, PSA XS15-base, Oppo 103D, Tivo Mini, HTPC
post #43 of 66 Old 03-15-2014, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjcook View Post

Is there any indication that the Xpand 105 will perform worse (w.r.t. ghosting/crosstalk) as compared to the JVC glasses? I'm finding the Xpands with the JVC emitter close to unwatchable on my 4910. Should I be considering the bit cauldron/optima glasses instead for their ability to tune the timing to reduce crosstalk?

Why would the Xpand 105 be any different than the JVC glasses? They are the same. Though, JVC has horizontal polarization lenses, and the stock Xpands are vertical. I guess they want to differentiate themselves. (I have Xpand 105s with hz. polarization, though.)

In the X500R thread, some are saying that the Optoma's glasses are better than the JVC/Xpand. Though, probably only very few have tried them both..
post #44 of 66 Old 03-15-2014, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNetRunner View Post

Why would the Xpand 105 be any different than the JVC glasses? They are the same. Though, JVC has horizontal polarization lenses, and the stock Xpands are vertical. I guess they want to differentiate themselves. (I have Xpand 105s with hz. polarization, though.)

In the X500R thread, some are saying that the Optoma's glasses are better than the JVC/Xpand. Though, probably only very few have tried them both..

Your point is exactly why I originally went with the Xpand 105's and JVC emitter -- yet my experience with the pair has unfortunately been very poor.

I have the Optoma kit coming next week so that I can compare and will see if the ghosting improves or if I'm simply expecting too much.

- Jeff

WTB: PSA XS15 or XS15se, PM me.

Small HT: JVC RS4910, Mits HC7900DW, Falcon 2.35:1 100-wide, Marantz SR7008, Triad Gold Omni SE & Silver Surrounds, PSA XS15-base, Oppo 103D, Tivo Mini, HTPC
post #45 of 66 Old 03-16-2014, 02:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 222
It will improve slightly, but it will not eliminate the ghosting altogether. Unfortunately it's something all non-DLP projectors have to some degree. Epson's LCD and Sony's SXRD technologies are better when it comes to ghosting but also suffer from it to some degree. If you're after a truly ghost and flicker free 3D experience you'll have to go with a DLP projector.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

post #46 of 66 Old 03-17-2014, 11:27 AM

The flicker can be bad at first, but after few minutes when my brain adjusts, I don't see it anymore. Maybe some ghosting, but not too much of an issue. (I have crosstalk at -5, parallax 0 on X500R.)

In the future truly good 3D can be had from heads-up displays. For example, and hopefully, the future Oculus Rift glasses. (Maybe the excellent head tracking will offset the not that tremendous resolution for movie watching. Until 360 videos can be had.. rolleyes.gif)
post #47 of 66 Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Any other source for horizontal polarization glasses other than JVC in the states?
Expand USA has no idea what I'm talking about...
In theory it should make a noticeable difference in many areas including brightness.
But who knows until I can test them.
post #48 of 66 Old 05-01-2014, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
post #49 of 66 Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatjulio View Post

I got some from here

http://www.chromapure.co.uk/details.asp?id=233&type=products

Thank you.
By the time I convert to US $ and pay for shipping I can get the JVC's.
post #50 of 66 Old 05-02-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 129
I'm using the JVC RF emitter with one on my DLP 3D projectors along with the inexpensive Samsung RF 3D glasses -- it all works extremely well. Interestingly my Epson RF 3D glasses don't work with the JVC RF emitter; however, the Samsung glasses do work with my Epson 6020 3D projector. The Samsung glasses apparently are "more" universal than the Epson glasses.
post #51 of 66 Old 07-07-2014, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
So has anyone found a USA seller with horizontal polarized Xpand 3D glasses for sale? My SI screen retains polarization so I need either the JVC OEM 3D glasses or find an aftermarket alternate with the horizontal polarization.
post #52 of 66 Old 07-08-2014, 03:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 67
If any of you are still looking for Xpand 5 3d glasses made for Mitsubishi they are still available on Amazon with the emitter for only $18.99 each. I like these much more than the JVC's If you have a screen that does not retain polarization this is the way to go. These are the best glasses I have found so far and you get an emitter as a bonus that works right out of the box with JVC projectors. Even though it states that these will only work with Mitsubishi TV's that is not true. They work great with JVC's and other newer brands with vesa ports.

http://www.amazon.com/EX105BT-Shutte...s+with+emitter
Most screens do not retain polarization.

post #53 of 66 Old 07-08-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Thanks. I've been reading so much about different 3D glasses it's hard to keep up.

BTW - here's the direct Amazon link - Xpand 3D Glasses

Visit the

2.0 done and finally posted! - 

And now...

Last edited by blipszyc; 07-11-2014 at 06:53 AM.
post #54 of 66 Old 07-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
If any of you are still looking for Xpand 5 3d glasses made for Mitsubishi they are still available on Amazon with the emitter for only $18.99 each. I like these much more than the JVC's If you have a screen that does not retain polarization this is the way to go. These are the best glasses I have found so far and you get an emitter as a bonus that works right out of the box with JVC projectors. Even though it states that these will only work with Mitsubishi TV's that is not true. They work great with JVC's and other newer brands with vesa ports.

Most screens do not retain polarization.

I purchased the same glasses from the same seller on ebay. I offered him $17 per pair and he accepted. The glasses and emitter work well with my RS55 and they are much brighter than the IR glasses that came with the projector. This is an unbelievable deal for quality RF glasses and an emitter.

John
post #55 of 66 Old 07-09-2014, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohjy View Post
I purchased the same glasses from the same seller on ebay. I offered him $17 per pair and he accepted. The glasses and emitter work well with my RS55 and they are much brighter than the IR glasses that came with the projector. This is an unbelievable deal for quality RF glasses and an emitter.

John
As long as your screen does not retain polarization this is an amazing deal. I have tried many brands of glasses and these work the best. They may be uncomfortable and a little tight for some people. This can be easily fixed by heating the plastic with a hair dryer and adjusting
post #56 of 66 Old 07-09-2014, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Consensus best 3D glasses / emitter for JVCs?

It appears I am "unlucky"? and my Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge does retain polarization. To test I took my Samsung glasses from my F8500 plasma and they do work although it is really dark and has faint vertical lines, BUT if I tilt my head 90 degrees the 3D picture brightens up and looks great. So my conclusion is my screen does keep polarization and unless I can find aftermarkets with the same specs/polarization as the JVC then I will have to get the OEMs. Anyone?

Last edited by huddadudda; 07-09-2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: changes
post #57 of 66 Old 07-10-2014, 04:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddadudda View Post
It appears I am "unlucky"? and my Screen Innovations Black Diamond Zero Edge does retain polarization. To test I took my Samsung glasses from my F8500 plasma and they do work although it is really dark and has faint vertical lines, BUT if I tilt my head 90 degrees the 3D picture brightens up and looks great. So my conclusion is my screen does keep polarization and unless I can find aftermarkets with the same specs/polarization as the JVC then I will have to get the OEMs. Anyone?
It might be worth if for you to buy one pair of the Xpand Mitsubishi 105's for $18.99 with the emitter from Amazon and try them to be sure your screen retains polarization. The Samsung glasses might be the problem.
post #58 of 66 Old 07-11-2014, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I currently have an estar rf emitter and estar rf 3d glasses which work great with my jvc 4910. Does anyone know if the inexpensive samsung 3d glasses http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SSG-51...48SXM8X9XSQ1H7 will work with the estar emitter?

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

post #59 of 66 Old 07-11-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 317
dan, only the e-star / monster vision 3D / Optoma RF glasses are compatible with that transmitter.

you can make an inexpensive splitter and run both RF transmitters at the same time, i've tested this and it works. those $18.99 Xpand glasses come with the RF transmitter that will work with those Samsung glasses.

post #60 of 66 Old 07-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Thanks Zombie, i will try that.

Dan Webster
Never stop upgrading!

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Samsung Ssg 5100gb 3d Active Glasses , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Optoma Bg Bc100b 3d Rf Emitter Only , Xpand X105 Rf X1 Rechargeable 3d Rf Bluetooth Glasses
Gear in this thread - 4100gb by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page