3D Picture Strange Effects, Unwatchable in Refurbished Replacement TW9100W (5020/6020) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-30-2013, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have what seems like a strange problem with the 3D picture from my projector. It was a recent refurbished replacement for my original 12 months old TW9100W (5020/6020)
The projector is connected via wireless and an Oppo BD 93 player is connected directly to the transmitter via HDMI.

We just played a 3D movie( Hobbit) the other night for the first time with this projector with odd results. The picture had a semi 3D effect with much shadowing and a sort of shimmering effect (best I can describe it) and was pretty much unwatchable. The 3D also dropped out altogether a couple of times and the picture would go blank. If I changed input from the projector remote and back again this would sometimes restore the correct 3D projection. Also if I ejected the disc and reloaded this would also generally correct. I have tried a number of 3D discs all with the same results. All aspects of 2D projection is OK and in fact the picture is very good. Some of the times I tested with a 3D disc it worked fine but more often I would get the effect previously described.
I can only think it is the projector as everything else is the same in my system as when I had the original projector. So I have not experienced anything like this before and was wondering if it is something anyone has seen.

I've tried resetting, unplugging, inverting glasses etc but to no avail.
I will need to get back to Epson but in the meantime I'd appreciate any thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-30-2013, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Are you positive the glasses were synced to the emitter? You'll notice them get darker (polarized) once it picks up the signal. It could also be excessive ghosting that you're witnessing. Which glasses and emitter are you using? Are they Epson's stock emitter and glasses or are they a 3rd party brand?
post #3 of 3 Old 12-30-2013, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

Are you positive the glasses were synced to the emitter? You'll notice them get darker (polarized) once it picks up the signal. It could also be excessive ghosting that you're witnessing. Which glasses and emitter are you using? Are they Epson's stock emitter and glasses or are they a 3rd party brand?
Thanks for your reply. Yep everythings right in that regard. Since my post I have been reading a few posts that suggest the latest OPPO 93 BD player upgrade affects 3D playback. So I'll factor the possibility of that having an impact, I'll do a bit more researching.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Oppo Bdp 93 Blu Ray Player , Epson 5020ube Powerlite Home Cinema 3d Wireless Front Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page