Focus problem on my Sharp XV-Z20000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-31-2013, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I recently picked up a used 20000 and am having a focus problem with it. The focus problem is linear top to bottom or bottom to top depending on which area I focus on. I have found that by focusing on the middle of the picture the top and bottom are only slightly defocused, which I can live with. However, it certainly makes sense to spend some money on a fix if it is possible as the picture this thing puts out is fantastic.

Some possible settings that could be affecting this problem are the following:

1. The lens vertical shift is set right in the middle with the projector lens in just about the middle of the screen. Curiously, the manual says this is the highest setting even though the diagram shows the picture being projected equally above and below the lens. When I raise the picture to max using the lens shift dial the bottom of the picture comes in at about the middle of the screen.

2. The picture is zoomed out to around 85-90%. The manual says range is 14'3" for minimum with about 19'8" for max. The projector lens sits at about 14'6" thus the high zoom %.

3. When I shift focus to top of screen and display the menu some projector text at the bottom develops a pretty dramatic gray ghost of the text or what you might call left offset gray text.

I love this projector and would like to fix this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-31-2013, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Do the top and bottom still have a defined pixel structure ? I would try to to zoom in a bit and adjust the vertical lens shift to see if the problem is isolated to a certain range or whether it is always there. On this unit, the lens is awesome so I doubt that it is a lens problem. Maybe the focus mechanism was damaged in shipping possibly.

* Good luck on everything.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sharp Xv Z30000 Dlp
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page