JVC DLA-X500, DLA-X700, DLA-X900, RS49,RS57,RS67 HDMI Problems - Page 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #601 of 629 Old 07-13-2014, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchhunter View Post
I bought my X700 refurbished a few weeks ago, it has been great and produces the best picture I've ever seen from a projector. Anyway, last night I noticed a strange noise when the projector is turned on just as before the DILA shows up. It sounds like something opening maybe iris or something but its loud and easily heard, that noise only comes when the projector is turned on and doesnt seem to affect the picture or funcationality. What could it be? anyone else having that issue? if its an issue at all?
Is it a grinding/clicking noise? If so, it's just the iris cycling (you can watch it doing its thing if you're so inlined).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 629 Old 07-14-2014, 06:55 AM
sr

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Try disabling the 4K feature. That resolved the noise and distorted video when switching.
post #603 of 629 Old 07-20-2014, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Forum,

Regarding the RS-232"C" as stated in the install PDF install guide, will the below cable work OK for the Firmware update?

http://www.amazon.com/Serial-RS232-C...rs-232C+to+usb

Saves me buying a USB adapter etc etc......

Also, in using the USB port as oppose to COM1 - I take it I will have to change COM1 to USB in the wizard Setting?
(my netbook doesn't have RS-232 port)

Thanks,
DSB.
post #604 of 629 Old 07-20-2014, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by bealerDSB View Post
Forum,

Regarding the RS-232"C" as stated in the install PDF install guide, will the below cable work OK for the Firmware update?

http://www.amazon.com/Serial-RS232-C...rs-232C+to+usb

Saves me buying a USB adapter etc etc......

Also, in using the USB port as oppose to COM1 - I take it I will have to change COM1 to USB in the wizard Setting?
(my netbook doesn't have RS-232 port)

Thanks,
DSB.
Don't cheap out on the USB-to-RS232 adapter. Get the Keyspan one that JVC has tested. It's been linked to several times earlier in this thread. Other adapters have been shown not to work, and chances are the cheap one you linked to won't work either. Also, when you install the drivers for your adapter, you'll be able to assign the adapter a COM port. That's the COM port you'll use in the wizard.
post #605 of 629 Old 07-25-2014, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was wondering what email address other people have used to contact JVC as I have had no response from them when I tried to email JVC support.
I probably am one of the few waiting for the 3D stretch picture distortion fix ( JVC is supposed to know about it for at least 2-3 months and is " working" on it).
I tried to email them to help push the fix along and to find out anything out. No response back.
I also called the support # and the guy knew nothing about it and said there is no record of the problem being reported. He wanted me to take a video of the problem in action and send it in - seriously - how am I supposed to do that -video through the 3 D glasses? Anyway if anyone has a good email address where I might be able to contact JVC and get a response back I would appreciate it.
Thanks
post #606 of 629 Old 07-26-2014, 07:07 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Help please:

Just got a 4910 and have a strange problem. The projector is 21 feet from a screen that is 126" diagonal. Although JVC specs say that from 21' I should be able to "shrink" image to fit the screen (to as little as 104" diagonal so they so) I can get it no smaller than roughly 150" diagonal. Shift and focus work fine and I can enlarge image with no problem. Just can't get it below the 150" mark; pressing "down" button simple no longer works. Any thoughts? The projector is basically as it was when I got it, except for the lens adjustments.
post #607 of 629 Old 07-26-2014, 08:16 AM
sr

Isn't there a Zoom control?
post #608 of 629 Old 07-26-2014, 08:22 AM

There is and I used it to take image size from gigantic to its present 150"
post #609 of 629 Old 07-26-2014, 09:09 AM
sr

I would call JVC technical support. If the picture quality is acceptable, the horizontal and vertical size meets the dimension of the aspect ratio, and you have the space to physically move the projector to obtain the size you need, then do so. The last thing you want to do is send it in for repair.
post #610 of 629 Old 07-27-2014, 07:31 AM

Unfortunately, projector's position is fixed; no wiggle room at all. I'll call tech support, but I have a bad feeling about this.
post #611 of 629 Old 07-27-2014, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Maybe a silly question, but what are you using to determine the "distance" of the projector to the screen, the lens or the back of the projector?
post #612 of 629 Old 07-27-2014, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbryan View Post
Maybe a silly question, but what are you using to determine the "distance" of the projector to the screen, the lens or the back of the projector?
I use the lens.

Display : JVC X500 Projector | 130" ReAct 2.1 2.35:1 Screen | Panasonic 65VT30 |
Sources : Oppo 103 D Multizone | Apple TV3 | HTPC | Sky HD | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Anthem MRX 510 | KEF R700 | KEF R600c | KEF E301 Sides & Rears | Paradigm Sub 1 |
Control : Harmony Ultimate |
post #613 of 629 Old 07-27-2014, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Ok. That's the right way to do it. Just wanted to be sure it wasn't something simple like that.
post #614 of 629 Old 07-28-2014, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi I have a x700 and when I go in to the menu it comes up in a black box where the menu should be has any one have this problem
post #615 of 629 Old 09-09-2014, 11:00 AM
sr

I though I'd share settings that made the input switching process more stable. Every once in a while when selecting different sources to feed the projector through my Sony receiver, switching from the TiVo to the Oppo player would cause the projector to blank out the video. I now set both sources to output a fixed 1080p signal rather than "auto." Obviously the projector becomes finicky when it has to resolve different signal formats.
post #616 of 629 Old 09-10-2014, 04:04 AM
sr

Thumbs down

Just when I thought I solved the HDMI handshake issue, it reared its ugly head again. I simply paused a DVD in my OPPO player and it went into screen saver mode. When I hit play, the X700 projector displayed a magenta colored background. I had to power down the DVD player and then turn it back on. Then the video went back to normal. This HDMI handshake issue is very frustrating. If this projector did not have such a great picture, I would have traded it in for the Sony 4K long ago. Did anyone actually SOLVE this by some magically setting combination for each of the components in the chain; i.e., DVD player, receiver and projector? The only component that so far is the most reliable is the TiVo. It consistently provides a good source of video to the projector. Is it because by its configuration it never turns off?
post #617 of 629 Old 09-10-2014, 06:15 AM
sr

I have another update to report. I set the resolution on the projector to "Fixed 1080p." Now the DVD player and projector have "fixed" rather than "auto" resolution, and the receiver is set to "pass through."
post #618 of 629 Old 09-10-2014, 07:11 AM

sr,
I am having the same problem with my 4910, except the problem only occurs (so far at least) on startup. The first time it happened I had to do two plug-unplug cycles; now just turning the projector off and back on does the trick. I too have done the fixed resolution "fix". Any other suggestions?
My sources are a Directv hr44, a Roku 3, an AppleTV and an oppo 103d. AVR is an Onkyo 3009.
post #619 of 629 Old 09-10-2014, 07:49 AM
sr

Thumbs down

I've read that someone has set the projector to a fixed color gamut instead of auto. This seems like a stretch, but at this point, I'll try anything. I do the changes incrementally to determine what if any helps. However, with this last experience whereby the video distorted as a result of the DVD player going in and out of the screen saver mode has me baffled since no switching occurred. Maybe the projector sensed a change in resolution. That's why the last settings change I made was to lock in the resolution of the projector to 1080p. By the way, I performed the first two firmware upgrades. I did not perform the third upgrade as it is intended for an unrelated device I don't use. I wonder if there is a device that you can place in series with the HDMI input of the projector that provides a status of the handshake to determine the root cause of the problem.
post #620 of 629 Old 09-10-2014, 08:35 AM

Not a clue. Apparently only you and I are having a problem, judging from responses here.
post #621 of 629 Old 09-10-2014, 10:53 AM
sr

Its a shame that even JVC tech support can't solve the problem. They suggested moving the signal from Input 1 to Input 2. Of course that did nothing. I'm waiting about a year before the warranty expires and will sell the X700 and replace it with probably a Sony 4K. Its amazing that no matter what you buy, every piece of equipment has it's own gremlin. This one however seems unsolvable because of inferior design. Just as an example of odd problems, the Sony ES receiver I have has BOTH an IR emitter and receiver on the front panel. This reeks havoc with IR repeater systems as it creates a feedback loop that distorts commands. I placed a cover on both the IR emitter and receiver windows and fed the IR signal from the rear jack, and now I have reliable control of my components.
post #622 of 629 Old 09-10-2014, 05:21 PM

It's incredibly frustrating. Seems I spend as much time trying to get things to work as I do actually using them.

I haven't even tried tech support yet assuming, as is true with almost all manufacturers, it will be waste of time. Have worked with the people I bought it from and they have tried to help, but no joy.
post #623 of 629 Old 09-11-2014, 08:45 AM
sr

Do you get the "no video" or "color distortion" problem. The no video problem I suspect is related to the HDMI handshake that supposedly was resolved with the first two firmware upgrades, whereas the color distortion problem may be related to the color space setting, which I have changed to fixed 4:2:2 on my DVD player and auto on the projector. And yes, spending more time on problems versus watching is very frustrating considering the price point of this projector.
post #624 of 629 Old 09-11-2014, 03:22 PM

Color distortion ended when I set projector color space to auto. Otherwise Roku would be out of whack. Mine has latest firmware, but it seems pretty clear that not all handshake problems have been solved.
post #625 of 629 Old 09-11-2014, 03:23 PM

I meant not solved, of course.
post #626 of 629 Old 09-11-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Guys I am sorry to see there are still people with HDMI issues. I looked into the new JVCs last year but I was too concerned about these types of issues. Seems like it only affects some people, but it was a chance I didn't want to take. I was following along here for months and months to see if there would finally be a solution or firmware, but sounds like the issues are still persisting. Also I was thinking that this year JVC would introduce new models that were HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0 and it would take care of these HDMI issues in the process but that didn't happen either. Sigh.
post #627 of 629 Old 09-11-2014, 05:14 PM
sr

Does any one out there have NO issues with their projector after several months of use. If so, us folks with problems would greatly appreciate if you could post your projector settings.
post #628 of 629 Old Today, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yesterday I released my new DLA-X500 connected to a Pioneer SC-LX58 receiver.
I have noticed that when I play any video content from any of the computers connected to the receiver, the image goes black for about 10 seconds until the video is displayed.
What may be due?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #629 of 629 Old Today, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdig View Post
Yesterday I released my new DLA-X500 connected to a Pioneer SC-LX58 receiver.
I have noticed that when I play any video content from any of the computers connected to the receiver, the image goes black for about 10 seconds until the video is displayed.
What may be due?
That would be the HDMI handshake. It is quite slow in the 2014 line of JVCs.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc Dla X700r , Jvc Dla X900r , Jvc Dla Rs66
Gear in this thread - X900r by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page