JVC DLA-X500, DLA-X700, DLA-X900, RS49,RS57,RS67 HDMI Problems - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 661 Old 09-21-2014, 03:11 AM
sr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The cable will not solve switching speed. The only device I am familiar with that speeds up HDMI switching is the DVDO Quick 6. However, every component must be on to take advantage of the feature. In other words, if your projector and receiver are on, and then you power up the DVD player, the DVD player's video will exhibit the normal delay. But once it is on, switching between components is very fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 661 Old 09-22-2014, 07:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr View Post
The cable will not solve switching speed. The only device I am familiar with that speeds up HDMI switching is the DVDO Quick 6. However, every component must be on to take advantage of the feature. In other words, if your projector and receiver are on, and then you power up the DVD player, the DVD player's video will exhibit the normal delay. But once it is on, switching between components is very fast.
Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, DVDO dealer in my country does not have units and thoughts about being who has stopped distributing the brand.
I find it difficult to purchase such equipment. Also, the price is expensive.
post #633 of 661 Old 10-14-2014, 09:13 AM

Liked: 11
Send a message via Skype™ to Vaarbjerg
Does anyone have the Tripp Lite Keyspan adapter and want to part with it? Please leave a PM thanks.
post #634 of 661 Old 10-15-2014, 03:20 AM

Life is frustrating at times. I am still on the first firmware (r1178). Have been trying to update since january. Tried different USB-RS232 adapters, different cables. Went back to old school PCs with native RS232. Always the "failed to autobaud" error. Tried different baud rates in device manager.
The Tripp lite keyspan is unavailable where I live, but I have an old PC with rs232.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
post #635 of 661 Old 10-15-2014, 09:00 AM
sr

It's been a while since I did the upgrade, but I remember that it was important to have the recommended operating system as suggested in the directions from JVC.
post #636 of 661 Old 10-15-2014, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I'd be happy to proxy for you: if you wanted to order a Keyspan shipped to me in US (from Amazon or other) I could then ship it to you.
sr likes this.

For Sale: Navitar SSW065 short throw conversion lens

WTB: PSA XS15 or XS15se, PM me.

Small HT: JVC RS4910, Mits HC7900DW, Falcon 2.35:1 100-wide, Marantz SR7008, Triad Gold Omni SE & Silver Surrounds, PSA XS15-base, Oppo 103D, Tivo Mini, HTPC
post #637 of 661 Old 10-26-2014, 05:32 PM

I was trying to update my X900R and now it is stuck in update mode, does anyone know how to bring it back from update mode? The flash utility keep giving me communication errors.
Thanks.
post #638 of 661 Old 10-26-2014, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by laggs View Post
I was trying to update my X900R and now it is stuck in update mode, does anyone know how to bring it back from update mode? The flash utility keep giving me communication errors.
Thanks.
Search this thread for posts discussing calling Jason (in AVS shipping department) for the number there. He single handedly turned my purchase experience from "about to return it" to "pry it from my cold dead hands." As long as JVC releases buggy firmware, that guy has job security because he's the only person that can get on the phone with you and walk you step my step through the update process. The software has to "verify the firmware update worked" before it will exit, I think. My guess is you stuck between these two steps...give him a call.
post #639 of 661 Old 10-26-2014, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarbjerg View Post
Life is frustrating at times. I am still on the first firmware (r1178). Have been trying to update since january. Tried different USB-RS232 adapters, different cables. Went back to old school PCs with native RS232. Always the "failed to autobaud" error. Tried different baud rates in device manager.
The Tripp lite keyspan is unavailable where I live, but I have an old PC with rs232.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
There's about a hundred on ebay, not sure if you can get to these from where you're at...they really should include one with the darn pj. When you obtain one, give Jason in shipping at AVS a call (if you bought from them) and he'll walk you through it.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...yspan&_sacat=0
post #640 of 661 Old 10-29-2014, 09:43 AM

FWIW, I managed to fix the problem and would like to share. I was using an old Dell with an rs232 port, so I decided to use a usb to rs232 adapter instead. Everything went smoothly with this adapter, I didn't change anything else. Not sure what chip is inside this adapter but I know that windows 7 installed two different drivers for it. Hope this helps anyone out there with similar problems.
post #641 of 661 Old 10-29-2014, 01:16 PM

Well I got the update done last week. Must have tried 100 times, give or take. Reinstalled Windows 7 32bit on one of the old PCs with RS232. Didn't bother to update win7, but used latest version of flashmagic. Then everything ran according to instructions. No idea why. Happy it's done though.

During all the attempts I spoke to JVC UK tech support, they told me to always use latest version of flashmagic, not the old version in the file with the firmware. They said there where many bugs on older versions. I did ask them why they included the old version, but JVC Japan was orchestrating that site and JVC UK had no control of that!?
Anyway, not sure it makes any difference what version you use.
post #642 of 661 Old 10-29-2014, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I don't know if this has been mentioned here I have been away for a while.

My DreamVision (X900 clone) has been issued a new version HDMI board. DreamVision has been sending new HDMI hardware boards all around the world. So mine is in the service shop now getting a change. Their comments were to fix on-going HDMI issues (I've had a few on the latest update) and prepare for 4K blu-ray standard.
There is also a new firmware issued for the new boards.

I will report back in a few days.
post #643 of 661 Old 11-05-2014, 04:05 PM
Advanced Member

I got my projector back with the newly issued HDMI boards. So far they seem to be rock solid. I gave them a torture test. Switching inputs and changing from 2D to 3D worked with zero issues. HDMI locking seemed a tiny bit slower. A small price to pay for stability.

Don't know what firmware we are up to. However mine went from r1211.3 to r1211.6

post #644 of 661 Old 11-05-2014, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 34
[QUOTE=Badas;28818514]I got my projector back with the newly issued HDMI boards. So far they seem to be rock solid. I gave them a torture test. Switching inputs and changing from 2D to 3D worked with zero issues. HDMI locking seemed a tiny bit slower. A small price to pay for stability.

Don't know what firmware we are up to. However mine went from r1211.3 to r1211.6

Interesting, does your board now include HDCP 2.2?
post #645 of 661 Old 11-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

[quote=cischico;28820394]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
I got my projector back with the newly issued HDMI boards. So far they seem to be rock solid. I gave them a torture test. Switching inputs and changing from 2D to 3D worked with zero issues. HDMI locking seemed a tiny bit slower. A small price to pay for stability.

Interesting, does your board now include HDCP 2.2?
That's what I've been told.
post #646 of 661 Old 11-22-2014, 01:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 116
My jvc started not displaying sources today. Customer service said I need to install new firmware. I started the firmware upload and I am getting a com error message. I realize my keyspan is not connecting with the computer. Reinstalled the keyspan software and I am still not able to get the adapted to register/connect. Nervous about turning the projector back on when it's in the firmware update mode. I need some help

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Feeler: I'm thinking of selling my JTR Triple 8HT's Let me know if you are interested?
For Sale: ACS PlanarTrap (freestanding acoustic panel) ($300/pair)[/B]:
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...tic-panel.html
post #647 of 661 Old 11-22-2014, 09:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Was able to get keyspan to work and got the first set of firmware to download but not the second portion. Talked to jvc and they directed to a different page which I thought had the same firmware but support realized the link I was using had the old firmware but labeled the most current. Tried the second portion again using the correct firmware and kept getting an error message. They said someone would call on Monday to help. Turned on the projector and had an image but distorting lines in the image. I turned it back and decided to redownload all of it again. Hail Mary. Deleted all previous firmware from the laptop. Reinstalled the first portion and the second portion finally downloaded ...no error messages.

Turned on the jvc and damn if I didn't have an image....jvc was correct, it was a firmware issue. Only took seven hours to fix it.
Ralph Potts likes this.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
Feeler: I'm thinking of selling my JTR Triple 8HT's Let me know if you are interested?
post #648 of 661 Old 11-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Can you share the link to the firmware?
post #649 of 661 Old 11-23-2014, 02:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskreis View Post
Can you share the link to the firmware?
Supportjvc.com

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #650 of 661 Old 11-23-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 254
I have an instant buying choice to make (tonight) between the X500 and the X700, as well as the exact "best" Emitter / Glasses Combo and 4K Upscale-ling DVD . It's a B-Day present for a convalescing patient, and I want to nail this "out of the Box".

Screen is 122" diagonal Silver Fire v2.5 2.0
Fully Light Controlled Theater

Lastly, will either / both PJs require a Firmware update such as described above?

BTW....I am open to any other suggestions (4K PJ-wise) as this end user is NOT Tech savy by any means and needs out-of-box dependability.

Edit:
Oops, just noticed this is not a "Owner's" page but rather a "problem Report".

To quote James T. Kirk;
"I'm laughing at the superior intellect"

http://www.invisiblestereo.com
post #651 of 661 Old 11-24-2014, 06:25 AM
Blu-ray Reviewer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
My jvc started not displaying sources today. Customer service said I need to install new firmware. I started the firmware upload and I am getting a com error message. I realize my keyspan is not connecting with the computer. Reinstalled the keyspan software and I am still not able to get the adapted to register/connect. Nervous about turning the projector back on when it's in the firmware update mode. I need some help
Quote:
Was able to get keyspan to work and got the first set of firmware to download but not the second portion. Talked to jvc and they directed to a different page which I thought had the same firmware but support realized the link I was using had the old firmware but labeled the most current. Tried the second portion again using the correct firmware and kept getting an error message. They said someone would call on Monday to help. Turned on the projector and had an image but distorting lines in the image. I turned it back and decided to redownload all of it again. Hail Mary. Deleted all previous firmware from the laptop. Reinstalled the first portion and the second portion finally downloaded ...no error messages.

Turned on the jvc and damn if I didn't have an image....jvc was correct, it was a firmware issue. Only took seven hours to fix it.
Greetings,

I held my breath for you Ron! I am glad you are up and running...

Regards,

Ralph C. Potts
Blu-ray Reviews
AVS Forum
My Home Theater
My DVD/HD DVD/Blu-ray Collection
post #652 of 661 Old 11-24-2014, 08:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Potts View Post
Greetings,

I held my breath for you Ron! I am glad you are up and running...

Regards,
It was dicey. Thanks for your support... fixing issues with HT equipment via firmware is a two edge sword. Downside is support is tough unless they can see what you see on your computer, so they have to be patient and meticulous in their questions. Plus, so many little things can go wrong to sabotage the process. The obvious up side is being able to fix items at home vs the weight and expense of shipping a projector or receiver etc to a regional shop.

The sad/funny thing is Sunday, when I fired up the projector, I saw artifacts similar to the issues before I downloaded the correct firmware #1 and finally got firmware section two downloaded. My heart sank. Then I realized I introduced the receiver into the mix....would Denon auto default to scaling the video? Yes, they do. I tried the OPPO direct to the projector...no lines...so I knew it was the receiver. Found the pass through video option for the Denon and fixed the artifacts.

How in the hell does the average consumer manage???? When I was explaining what happened to some guys at our school fundraiser Sat night...the looks on their faces was fear mixed with a glazed look of WTF are you talking about. Neither process was straightforward with JVC or Denon...you had to know what to look for, THEN interrupt what they were actually saying in the manual/site.

Love the results of our hobby and glad we have AVS' members to consult with.

Ron

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #653 of 661 Old 11-24-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
I have an instant buying choice to make (tonight) between the X500 and the X700, as well as the exact "best" Emitter / Glasses Combo and 4K Upscale-ling DVD . It's a B-Day present for a convalescing patient, and I want to nail this "out of the Box".

Screen is 122" diagonal Silver Fire v2.5 2.0
Fully Light Controlled Theater

Lastly, will either / both PJs require a Firmware update such as described above?

BTW....I am open to any other suggestions (4K PJ-wise) as this end user is NOT Tech savy by any means and needs out-of-box dependability.

Edit:
Oops, just noticed this is not a "Owner's" page but rather a "problem Report".
As a 4910 owner (who had an unforgettably hard time getting the correct firmware loaded, then newer firmware loaded, etc.) I'd advise against the JVC for a non-tech person. The first 3 mo. I had the JVC it was non-operational for 2 of them. If I were buying one for my partents, I'd go with something with absolutely no issues. Its up to you but I seriously thought about demanding a refund and going with the Sony HW55. Though blacks may be a half step behind JVC, its extra brightness might be nice for your 122" screen plus IT JUST WORKS out of the box as reported on that owners thread.

If you've got your mind made up that you want a JVC...The JVCs iris is a real game changer and the X500 is unbelievably good. I think a definite incremental upgrade to the X700, especially if you professionally calibrate the X500.
post #654 of 661 Old 11-24-2014, 09:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post
As a 4910 owner (who had an unforgettably hard time getting the correct firmware loaded, then newer firmware loaded, etc.) I'd advise against the JVC for a non-tech person. The first 3 mo. I had the JVC it was non-operational for 2 of them. If I were buying one for my partents, I'd go with something with absolutely no issues. Its up to you but I seriously thought about demanding a refund and going with the Sony HW55. Though blacks may be a half step behind JVC, its extra brightness might be nice for your 122" screen plus IT JUST WORKS out of the box as reported on that owners thread.

If you've got your mind made up that you want a JVC...The JVCs iris is a real game changer and the X500 is unbelievably good. I think a definite incremental upgrade to the X700, especially if you professionally calibrate the X500.

I agree with all of your points. I would say that I love the image the JVC puts out and it's worth the hassle of downloading firmware to "fix" the issues that do crop up.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #655 of 661 Old 11-24-2014, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:

All that said, if you (or your dealer) can get the most current firmware installed before you take delivery of the projector, you'll very, very likely avoid all of the problems that have plagued the early adopters. My RS4910's HDMI issues completely disappeared once I upgraded to the most current firmware and moved my Darbee to a different point in the video chain.
post #656 of 661 Old 11-26-2014, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Supportjvc.com

Got it thanks. Firmware update succeeded on 1st try after purchasing the recommended usb-serial adapter from Staples. It's on sale now for about $17 for any interested.

Mark
post #657 of 661 Old 11-28-2014, 07:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskreis View Post
Got it thanks. Firmware update succeeded on 1st try after purchasing the recommended usb-serial adapter from Staples. It's on sale now for about $17 for any interested.

Mark
Glad to hear that Mark. For those like me who are not computer savy.....I didn't realize that (in my case), the keyspan software download process I needed to reboot the laptop for the software to take. I couldn't get the keyspan to "the enable" process until I rebooted the computer ....bam, the keyspan little green light came on. Just one of many little roadblocks to my adventure last Saturday.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #658 of 661 Old 11-28-2014, 10:09 AM
sr

I wonder how much it would of cost JVC to design the projector to upgrade via Ethernet like the rest of the world.
post #659 of 661 Old 11-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Glad to hear that Mark. For those like me who are not computer savy.....I didn't realize that (in my case), the keyspan software download process I needed to reboot the laptop for the software to take. I couldn't get the keyspan to "the enable" process until I rebooted the computer ....bam, the keyspan little green light came on. Just one of many little roadblocks to my adventure last Saturday.

I hear you! Fortunately for me the Staples adapter came with drivers on a disc and explicit instructions to reboot after they were installed.
post #660 of 661 Old 11-28-2014, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Quote:

I just ordered the JVC 4910 today. excited and very nervous ( after reading this firmware thread). Since I am not the most savvy when it comes to this stuff and this is my first ever projector. Even though it won't be installed for several months ( due to room not finished). I am assuming hooking the projector directly to internet I am still not able to upgrade firmware? I did plan on running several cat5E to the projector.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc Dla X700r , Jvc Dla X900r , Jvc Dla Rs66
Gear in this thread - X900r by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page