JVC DLA-X500, DLA-X700, DLA-X900, RS49,RS57,RS67 HDMI Problems - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 27Likes

post #871 of 886 Old 12-18-2015, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I have posted in this thread and even it says: "last post by SurfDrifter", but I cannot see my post. Is anyone else seeing my previous post after "vincz"'s post?

EDIT: After I posted this, the post "appeared"...strange... Mods please delete this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 886 Old 12-18-2015, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfdrifter View Post
I have RS49 for a month now and I had no issues with HDMI whatsoever....
Are you running the most current firmware version?
post #873 of 886 Old 12-18-2015, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwa View Post
Are you running the most current firmware version?

Yes. 1211.7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #874 of 886 Old 01-23-2016, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 173
I now can feel you guys pain... I got my used JVC RS-57U after Christmas... I noticed a few things... Prior, I had a JVC RS-1 and had absolutely no issues playing or streaming movies...

I have a Sony BDP-S6200 Blu-Ray player and an Oppo BDP-095 Blu-Ray player connecting to a Pioneer SC-67 Elite receiver to the JVC RS-57U. I am running two HDMI cables, one with a Darbee and the other without. These cables worked perfectly fine with my previous JVC RS-1 with no synching issues.

1. Using my Sony BDP-S6200, I had no issues streaming from VUDU or my NAS... This is at 1080P/60.... Once I put a Blu-Ray disc in the player after the system was on for an hour or so, the screen would go and stay blank. I can hear the audio from the movie but get no video. The same issue was happening with the Oppo. If I played a disc upon a cold start, i would have no issues.

2. The firmware was the old one and i downloaded and installed the latest firmware. The HDMI issues had somewhat resolved itself. However, every 15 minutes or so, there would be a HDMI signal glitch. A band of noise (I would say it looks like snow) would appear for a split second at the bottom of the screen. This would happen whether i was playing a disc or streaming.

My next step is to insert a HD Fury Integral in the line and see if that will improve or fix the handshaking issues. The Integral includes a HDCP Doctor circuit that supposed to fix any HDCP/HDMI issues.

Secondly, just to eliminate the Pioneer, I am going to directly connect the Oppo to the projector via the second HDMI out. I will be switching between the two HDMI inputs and see if there are any issues...

If it's not a BIG screen, it's not a theater...
post #875 of 886 Old 01-24-2016, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, even after inserting an Integral in line, i am still getting inconsistent HDMI issues. After watching a movie for awhile, the lower half of the screen was nothing but snow. i rebooted the projector and player with no fix. Rebooting the Pioneer AVR resolved the issue.. i am thinking the Pioneer may be the cause. I am preparing to purchase a new AVR because I know the Pioneer will fail with the UE22 error sooner than later.

post #876 of 886 Old 01-24-2016, 12:11 PM
sr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Let us know how well your new receiver behaves with the projector. I (crossing my fingers and knocking on wood) use HDMI input 2 and keep all source outputs fixed at 1080p with good results. Recently the Roku stopped working for no good reason as nothing changed since I connected it a year ago. The only action that brought it back to life was to unplug the power cord from the Roku itself. I have a Sony receiver with all kinds of optional DLNA, RS232 control, network access for iPhone control, all of which I turned off and (crossing my fingers and knocking on wood) appears to resolve the problem. The only thing I can think of is that there was a software upgrade that downgraded performance.
post #877 of 886 Old 01-24-2016, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

I read that the Roku 4 has handshaking issues with the current Marantz/Denon AVRs... Sadly, the Marantz SR7010 is the model i am planning to get....

post #878 of 886 Old 01-25-2016, 01:28 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I've seen it mentioned once here, but no real solution, so I was wondering if anyone else had come across this problem.

Approx 1-2 inches of the left hand side of the picture/screen appears on the right hand edge of the screen.

This does not happen all the time, but when it does it is when I am playing recorded files using Plex(RPi2). I will press play and the screen sort of wobbles while it's loading the file and it may or may not do the screen shift I mentioned.

I can fix this by changing the hdmi inputs on the projector or changing the input selector on the processor, so it definitely appears to be an HDMI handshaking issue.

I have the latest f/w.
post #879 of 886 Old 01-27-2016, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

So far, i have been using HDMI 2 connected directly from my Pioneer AVR SC-67 with a Monster Black Platinum cable (bandwidth 27GHz) and all seems well. Synching has been pretty quick compared to before. Have had absolutely no issues since then. Will see how long that will last.

My Pioneer has two HDMI outputs. I had both of them active and connected to the projector. On one output, i had the Darbee and HD Fury Integral connected to HDMI 2 of the projector. HDMI 1 on the projector was connected directly to the AVR output. That scenario was giving me fits, and both HDMI inputs was flaky. Now that I took out the Integral and the Darbee out of the loop, both cable runs (with nothing else inline) seems to be stable. It appears that the Darbee/Integral affected either both the outputs of the AVR or both inputs of the JVC.

post #880 of 886 Old 01-27-2016, 12:34 PM
sr

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the Pioneer receiver you're using is working well with the projector. I've made note of the model for future reference. I read many reviews for high end receivers and have never come across a rating regarding HDMI switching speed or compatibility with other devices. I have a four-year old Sony that seems to take forever to switch and always wondered if that was a cause for the unreliable connectivity with the projector. If anyone is aware of a device that can be inserted in series with an HDMI cable to record the handshake, signal level, etc. and identify the root cause of HDMI issues, that would be greatly appreciated.
post #881 of 886 Old 01-27-2016, 07:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr View Post
Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the Pioneer receiver you're using is working well with the projector. I've made note of the model for future reference. I read many reviews for high end receivers and have never come across a rating regarding HDMI switching speed or compatibility with other devices. I have a four-year old Sony that seems to take forever to switch and always wondered if that was a cause for the unreliable connectivity with the projector. If anyone is aware of a device that can be inserted in series with an HDMI cable to record the handshake, signal level, etc. and identify the root cause of HDMI issues, that would be greatly appreciated.
Pioneer's HDMI handshaking leaves a lot to be desired. i had an older Onkyo TX-NR906 and it synched with my older JVC instantly. When i replaced the Onkyo with my current Pioneer, the handshaking time took a big hit. Also, i do NOT recommend anyone to buy any Pioneer AVR made prior to 2012 because of a defective DSP. TI advised that the DSP used between 2010 and 2012 will fail. They expect 85% to fail after two years. Unfortunately, Pioneer nor TI are willing to step up to the plate and recall/replace the boards with these bad chips. Since the chip fails after the warranty expires, Pioneer will not repair them for free. If it fails within the warranty, the replacement board will still have the same defective DSPs. The replacement board is $500 plus labor and shipping... It will not be cost effective to repair it knwoing that it will fail again after two years....

post #882 of 886 Old 01-27-2016, 08:53 PM
sr

Thanks for the clarification!
post #883 of 886 Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, it appears the Darbee flakes out the HDMI signal... I could never get the JVC RS-57 to maintain or synch the HDMI signal as long as the Darbee was inline. Even the addition of HD Fury's HDMI Doctor would not fix it... Since I removed the Darbee from the loop, my JVC has had no synching issues,,,,

post #884 of 886 Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1352 Post(s)
Liked: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon S View Post
Well, it appears the Darbee flakes out the HDMI signal... I could never get the JVC RS-57 to maintain or synch the HDMI signal as long as the Darbee was inline. Even the addition of HD Fury's HDMI Doctor would not fix it... Since I removed the Darbee from the loop, my JVC has had no synching issues,,,,
If I'd noticed your previous post I would have pointed a big red arrow right at the Darbee. That little sucker has been responsible for plenty of HDMI headaches - just read the owner's thread. Once I put the darblet in my system I had all sorts of weird issues, including even losing the sound in my center channel. All of it went away when I took out the Darbee. This is one reason I eventually went with the Lumagen video processor that included darbee processing, rather than sticking with the full darbee darblet device. Using the Lumagen instead of the darbee, everything worked smoothly in my system.
post #885 of 886 Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1284 Post(s)
Liked: 577
I don't think it's the Darbee so much as it's just one more component that pushes the whole connection to the edge. My RS4910 is running fine with a Darbee (and splitter) in the pipe. In fact I've got a rather complicated pipe to my RS4910:

Sources -> Lumagen -> Darbee -> Splitter -> RS4910

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , Jvc Dla X700r , Jvc Dla X900r , Jvc Dla Rs66
Gear in this thread