Leaving Sony HW30ES on for 10+ hours straight - is this okay? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-09-2014, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I was wondering if it was okay to leave a projector on for around 10 hours straight. Will it overheat or anything? It's mounted to the ceiling with open air all around (not enclosed in anything), and the room never gets above 72 degrees. I just wanted to see if this is something that would be okay to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Yes, it is. I have kept my JVC RS1 and now my JVC RS40 on 10+ hours on Sat and Sundays for years due to NFL and college basketball/football with no issues. It has not diminished the life of my bulbs at all.

Ian B
post #3 of 6 Old 01-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I do it almost daily with my 6 year old vw40, im gettig close to 15k total hrs on this sucker, thing works like a champ
post #4 of 6 Old 01-09-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanathin View Post

I was wondering if it was okay to leave a projector on for around 10 hours straight. Will it overheat or anything? It's mounted to the ceiling with open air all around (not enclosed in anything), and the room never gets above 72 degrees. I just wanted to see if this is something that would be okay to do.

Around a year ago there was a guy on here complaining about his panels (Sony VW60) starting to go after 5 or 6 years of ownership. He said he ran his projector from the time he got up till the time he went to bed. Said he ran it, over 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and had gone through 7 or 8 lamps. I seem to recall, that he had put around 28,000 hours on his projector. I think it is amazing that his projector lasted that long, maintenance free (other than lamps).

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

post #5 of 6 Old 01-09-2014, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Very good news. I'm glad I own such a reliable projector! Thanks for all of the input!
post #6 of 6 Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Around a year ago there was a guy on here complaining about his panels (Sony VW60) starting to go after 5 or 6 years of ownership. He said he ran his projector from the time he got up till the time he went to bed. Said he ran it, over 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and had gone through 7 or 8 lamps. I seem to recall, that he had put around 28,000 hours on his projector. I think it is amazing that his projector lasted that long, maintenance free (other than lamps).

Surprised Sony didn't give him a new PJ so they could take his old one back for inspection. As an engineer, having a device that lats much longer than expected is just as important as ones that don't.

I must be guilty because people say I am guilty because they chose to call me guilty because they refuse to see the truth. Much easier to be part of the mob..
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Hw30es 300 Inch 1080p Front Projector
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page