Home Theater Equipment Turn On Order - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 01-21-2014, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
After experiencing some issues with frame dropping with my new Sony HW55ES projector, new Oppo 103D, Directv Genie and Denon avr-x1000, I started to wonder if the order in which I turn on my components is important? Last night I went home to do some more troubleshooting of Fox's broadcast of the Seattle/San Fransisco game, however, I could not duplicate the symptoms. Now that I think about it, I never did power down the projector as it takes awhile to cycle back on again and it had worked just fine for the entire CBS game. I guess I was just feeling lazy... I just wanted to enjoy the game on my new equipment!

What is the rule of thumb for powering on equipment, as I have not integrated the new projector into my Harmony remote? Once an order is established, does each component have to be fully initialized before the next is turned on? Should I specify all HDMI input/output settings or just leave everything set to "Auto"? Thanks for any advice!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Hw55es 3d Projector , Denon Avr X1000 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition
Gear in this thread - X1000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page