Where can I purchase a JVC projector? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2014, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
tbsb9595's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
JVC says they don't sell online and I don't have any dealer around my area (Tampa bay, FL) according to there website search so what do I do.

I am interested in the DLA-X500R or DLA-RS4910. I found one on Ebay that is new and here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221351347525?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
tbsb9595 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-22-2014, 04:32 PM
Member
 
aniv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Give AVS a call. Mike Garrett will answer all your questions and provide you with whatever you need at hard to beat prices.

Mike Garrett
AV Science Sales 5
585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
aniv is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
tbsb9595's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the info!
aniv likes this.
tbsb9595 is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,401
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbsb9595 View Post

JVC says they don't sell online and I don't have any dealer around my area (Tampa bay, FL) according to there website search so what do I do.

I am interested in the DLA-X500R or DLA-RS4910. I found one on Ebay that is new and here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221351347525?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks


Sent you a PM. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
shunx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What about in Canada, anyone knows some good places to buy JVC projectors from?
shunx is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Senior Member
 
WestCDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunx View Post

What about in Canada, anyone knows some good places to buy JVC projectors from?

AVS will ship to Canada, but of course there are other importation costs involved - and the dollar is currently at about a 4 year low (not the best time to be buying from the US). Eastporters in Hamiliton, ON is an authorized JVC dealer according to their website - try getting a quote from them. I've seen some pretty good pricing from there, and my dealings with them have been good so far.
WestCDA is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
space2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,052
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunx View Post

What about in Canada, anyone knows some good places to buy JVC projectors from?

Where are you located in Canada.
space2001 is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 01:31 PM
Member
 
drummermitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
If your close to Alberta,there is Audio 5.1 in Edmonton AB.
That's where I got my X-9 from plus Stewart screen.
He matched a few US prices when I was looking:).
drummermitchell is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Newbie
 
A320Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Merritt, BC, Canada
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Actually Mike from AVS told me they can't ship JVC to Canada. I bought a DLX-500R from Eastporters, they shipped it to BC the next day for $25.00 freight, very happy with the service.
A320Driver is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 03:57 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 8,401
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCDA View Post

AVS will ship to Canada, but of course there are other importation costs involved - and the dollar is currently at about a 4 year low (not the best time to be buying from the US). Eastporters in Hamiliton, ON is an authorized JVC dealer according to their website - try getting a quote from them. I've seen some pretty good pricing from there, and my dealings with them have been good so far.

Have not been able to ship new JVC projectors to Canada for several years.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
WestCDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 205
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

Have not been able to ship new JVC projectors to Canada for several years.

Wasn't aware that certain brands had cross border restrictions like that, thanks. I just wanted to mention AVS as an alternative, though even for products you can ship the exchange rate is not working in our favour right now ... smile.gif
WestCDA is offline  
 

Tags
Jvc
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off