DLA-X35B vs PowerLite Home Cinema 5030UB - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-08-2014, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

From everything i am reading the JVC has the best blacks but im not sure how that's possible with the Cinema 5030UB sitting at a 600000 contrast ratio. I have never had a projector before and i cant afford nice items like this often so I am looking for something that will be good to me for the next few years 8+  I think i am interested in a lens to make it look but im not sure. 

I am a pretty big anime buff and enjoys movies. any guidance would be very appreciated thanks in advance. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 25
That's because you can't trust manufacturer's numbers. The jvc has far better contrast. Epson about 5.000 native vs jvc 30-50.000 depending on iris position and throw ratio. Maybe you can triple the epson numbers using the dynamic iris but the jvc still wins hands down.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-08-2014, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 546 Post(s)
Liked: 819
I went jvc this summer, I have no regrets. I really appreciate that I can get amazing contrast without a dynamic iris. I had one on an older(and much cheaper quality) Epson and it drove me nuts I had to turn it off.

the other thing my research turned up was that the jvc is actually brighter(although it was by like 30lumens, so let's just say it's a tie) when calibrated. the Epson appears much brighter on paper, but that's only the case if you are willing to give up color accuracy. might be useful for watching sports/tv in ambient light though, just no good for watching movies in the dark.

after purchasing, and learning about the lens memory features of the x35 I'm even more pleased with my decision. it was one of those things I never wanted or even really thought about, but now I don't want to live without it, haha.

Displays: Samsung PN64F8500/JVC X35
AVR: Pioneer VSX-1018AH, 5.1 audio
Sources: HTPC(Mediabrowser), PS3, XBOX360, Wii, Sony DVP-CX995V
Control: Harmony One
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Epson 5030ub 2d 3d 1080p 3lcd Projector , Jvc Dla X35 3d Hd Front Projector
Gear in this thread - 5030ub by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page