Losing some functions of the Sony VPLHW50ES: Problem Solved - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-01-2014, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have HTPC (nvidia GTX660) connected to a Emotiva UMC-200 and then out to a Sony HW50ES projector. I get sound and video but I lose some of the functionality of the projector. The projector sees the signal as 3d and turns the lamp brightness to high and no iris function. If I force the signal to 2d in the projector, I can then turn the lamp down but no auto iris or simulated 3d functionality. If I connect the HTPC directly to the projector, then all functions return. If I run a blu ray player through the UMC-200 and out to the projector all functions of the projector are also good. I should be able to set the projector to auto 3d (meanig the projector determines whether to set 3d or 2d), but then the problems return. This has to be a problem with either the UMC-200 or the projector, since there is no problem with a direct hdmi connection from the HTPC to the projector.

I have been pulling my hair out the last 2 days trying to figure this out. Sony is no help. They just say that if the signal is good going in to the projector it will function properly. Something must be happening to the hdmi video signal while it is in the UMC-200 to make it look like a 3d signal or something.

Anyone have any experience with this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-02-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Sounds like a problem with the UMC-200, since you can connect the HTPC directly to the projector and every thing works fine. Only when you add the UMC-200 do you get the problem. The Emo pre/pro's are notorious for having glitches.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #3 of 3 Old 03-02-2014, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Problem solved. Turned out to be a setting in the Nvidia control panel. If you disable the 3d setting in Nvidia, all functions of the projector will work when watching 2d. You just have to remember to enable it again, when you want to watch a 3d movie.
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Sony Vpl Hw50es 3d Projector , Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page