JVC DLA RS25 ran out of gas, Actually RED CMS hit the limit stops - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-20-2014, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got the glorious DLA RS25 and was using a Video EQ pro CMS to calibrate it. I know the RS25 has a CSM but I turned it off and well.

Now I was using the internal CMS, tooke the video EQ out and everything was better then I expected except;

Correcting GAMMA, is 95% the new 100%? There was no 100%

Correcting RED at 95% hit the stops at 1013 and would go no higher and I need just a little more. (and yes I was using a 95% display.
Same for 90% topped out at 924 and 70% at 693 low.

Thats it, those 3 points.

Going for a 2.3 GAMMA, using the AV709 disk. Custom 1

What is the deal?

My Video EQ was throwing in some pinkish hue for some reason. Might reset it and give it another whirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 05:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Generally I think you need to calibrate brightness and contrast, as well as RGB Gains and Offsets/cuts before you do grayscale calibration. It sounds like you calibrated white too bright, or that you need to reduce the Green/Blue gain to match Red. Once you do that, then go through the multi-point grayscale calibration.

What I would do is reset everything, then get out your meter and put up a white field. Then reduce the contrast control until the color temperature at 100% (or 105%) is close to what you see below that. Then use the RGB Gains/Offsets to get the end points of your grayscale spot on. Then fill in the rest.

See what an anamorphoscopic lens can do, see movies the way they were meant to be seen