JVC DLA-X900R has replaced the Sony VW200 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-22-2014, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Not sure how to think about the poor initial picture quality of the JVC. On the one hand one can criticise the poor state of configuration as it left the factory but then one can see that cost cutting has a price. To be competitive the companies now cut corners and it would seem JVC decided this top end projector would be installed professionally anyway so why bother about setting it up optimally from the factory.

That was not the case when I first purchased the Sony as initially it needed minimal attention.

So my initial reaction to the JVC was disappointment - I nearly put back the Sony. (FS BTW with only 235 hours on a new globe - Aussie readers, get in touch if interested).

Anyway I persisted with the JVC and eventually got reasonable skin tones to replace the orange (with green tinge) monstrosities of the original.picture. But this projector has a multitude of menus to massage the PQ and it looks like eventually I will have to shell out more dollars for a professional to set it up optimally. I can see it has potential, but achieving that is very hit and miss for amateurs like me.

I'll be interested to hear from other owners of the latest batch of JVC projectors about whether their units came well set up or not.

John

A hi-fi & video nut for 50+ years!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-22-2014, 05:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 380
My rs57 was surprisingly good in gamma and color ootb. (After switching to User mode, D6500 temp setting, etc)
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page