Bought a used Epson 5030Ube on ebay for $1730. Had 1 dead pixel. Any Warranty from Epson? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-26-2014, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

Just upgraded by Epson 3020 with a used 5030Ube bought from ebay. It has no HDMI transmitter.

It has a much better picture then my 3020. The only issue I see is a blue stuck /dead pixel on the top center of the screen.
If I watch ultra-wide screen movie it will be on the top black border and not on the picture itself.
Since I used only for movies it would not affect the picture in any ways.

The issue is the stuck pixel is blue and tend to distract from viewing if there is a dark scene. I can hardly see it if looking straight on at 10feet aways.

Since it's bought used from ebay I did try to registered and was able to do it this morning. Question is since I'm able to registered can I still get warranty from epson?
Will they ask me where I bought it?

Lastly for $1730 is this a great deal, abeit the single dead pixel? Any other advice is welcome. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 143
You can see a single stuck pixel from your normal seating distance? You must have hawk eyes!

If you have the manual, it should have a page on warranty info. From my understanding, most companies don't honour warranties on re-sales. Even if Epson does, I'd think they may say no to a single stuck pixel. Best of luck though.

ROB
Old 05-26-2014, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 310
I highly doubt they'll replace it with only 1 dead/stuck pixel, even if you were the original owner. For most brands, this is well within QC.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, the wife doesnt see it. Just me because i inspect it at 2-3 feet when bought. I know where the dead pixel are. At 10-11 feet quite hard to see. Unless deliberately looking for it like i was.

Since it wasnt on the picture and on the black border due to most ultra wide movies nowawaday, i guess it okay.

Work perfect without any other obvious issue.

For warranty can epson traced where bought based on serial. Since i can registered does it really matter?
Thanks
Old 05-26-2014, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 35
The Epson warranty states that it applies to the original retail purchaser, is not transferable, and for warranty service you must provide proof of the date of original purchase.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post

I highly doubt they'll replace it with only 1 dead/stuck pixel, even if you were the original owner. For most brands, this is well within QC.

Epson is the only manufacturer that will replace for a single stuck pixel, but I doubt that will do this for an Ebay purchased projector. If purchased new from an authorized dealer and within the warranty period, they would replace.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
Old 07-20-2014, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by Seegs108 

Epson is the only manufacturer that will replace for a single stuck pixel, but I doubt that will do this for an Ebay purchased projector. If purchased new from an authorized dealer and within the warranty period, they would replace.
My optoma h180x has just started showing a white pixel (dead pixel), just one but is extremely annoying. I will contact them today, do you think they wont fix it, because is only 1 pixel?

Cheers
Old 07-20-2014, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 310
I don't know Optoma well enough to give you an answer. Contact them and see what they say.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
you are right,Yeah, the wife doesnt see it. Just me because i inspect it at 2-3 feet when bought. I know where the dead pixel are. At 10-11 feet quite hard to see. Unless deliberately looking for it like i was.thanks [IMG]http://*******/WNKpGN[/IMG]
Old 07-23-2014, 08:16 PM

Forgive my ignorance, but would a release pixel vid (you know) on Youtube work like on some LED TV's?
Old 07-24-2014, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 19
You could always try one of those "undead pixel" programs and see if the pixel will unstick. I had a monitor with a dead pixel years ago but I never could get it unstuck. Luckily, the Brick and Mortar place I bought it from, accepted the return and replaced with the same model monitor that did not have a stuck pixel.