Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #31 of 216 Old 07-04-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 138
I'm probably going to go, and possibly even do the Floyd Toole classes on Thursday and Friday to get some formal training in Home Theater and Acoustics to go with my consumer/layperson background in a multipurpose living room/HT. Hope some other folks from the Audyssey and Trinnov related threads are coming...and some of the usual suspects on the Atmos threads. I'd be up for a get-together either Thursday or Friday.

Stuart

Denon 4311 with XT32 and Audyssey Pro

Oppo 93 and 103

Panasonic VT50

Sherwood R-972 with its version of the Trinnov Optimizer

MiniDSP 10x10 HD

PSB Imagine T2, Center, and Surrounds (as of 5/2014); HSU ULS-15 subs (2)

The Audyssey FAQ Guide can be found here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by sdrucker; 07-04-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 216 Old 07-06-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich View Post
Take a plane. i'll pick you up at the airport. I have been invited to stay at a forum member house and I am sure we will be traveling up boulder for a few meals over the weekend and hopefully we can tour a few facilities in Boulder such as Ayre and PS Audio.
LOL, it is about time someone volunteered to pick me up after all of the taxi driving I have done over the years.

Is William going to do a meet in Aug or Sep? Cliffy is keeping the house, so he might do another one as well. IT would actually be easier for me to drive up to the DC area.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #33 of 216 Old 07-06-2014, 08:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 444
So many times its been the last meet at Cliffy's ever. I got my wife's permission to go and now she will never believe me that i am going to Cliffy's again. Please PM me and give me a Cliffy update. I do not know of a William meet over the summer. Of course you can always come here.

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #34 of 216 Old 07-06-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

If William does one, then I will definitely come out to your house as well. I would like to indulge in some of the best BBQ around once again.

post #35 of 216 Old 07-07-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
Don't jinx me! I want to actually arrive at the show this year.
75% of the way last year. Hope for a better trip for you this year.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #36 of 216 Old 07-07-2014, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I will be at CEDIA this year (working a booth for my company so I will be there until end-of-show), and would be interested in a get-together too.

post #37 of 216 Old 07-08-2014, 04:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post
I will be at CEDIA this year (working a booth for my company so I will be there until end-of-show), and would be interested in a get-together too.
''

What company?

Mark Haflich

post #38 of 216 Old 07-08-2014, 04:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
If William does one, then I will definitely come out to your house as well. I would like to indulge in some of the best BBQ around once again.
Clarence is the BBQ guy and I think we could get him to cross the river for a meet at my house as well. He does hit the BBQ competition trail quite a bit. I think he is presently revising his recipes and techniques. Its a very tough road to consistently place high in these events.

Mark Haflich

post #39 of 216 Old 07-08-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
''

What company?
I work for MSE Audio, which is the parent company for Phase Technology and Induction Dynamics.

Most of my work is for another MSE Audio company called SoundTube, which is a manufacturer of speakers for commercial applications. But I get involved in the residential side too, mainly for tradeshows.

post #40 of 216 Old 07-09-2014, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 690 Post(s)
Liked: 415
I've signed up. Also planning on attending the Dolby Labs event on Friday, Sept. 12 at 11:30 a.m. where they discuss new audio formats for home theater and their proper installation... among them: Atmos!!
David Susilo likes this.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 07-09-2014 at 04:14 PM.
post #41 of 216 Old 07-10-2014, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post
I've signed up. Also planning on attending the Dolby Labs event on Friday, Sept. 12 at 11:30 a.m. where they discuss new audio formats for home theater and their proper installation... among them: Atmos!!
Can we just show up an tour around the booth and see the new projectors, screens etc or do we have to register and only then they'll let us in.

Thanks.
post #42 of 216 Old 07-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
Can we just show up an tour around the booth and see the new projectors, screens etc or do we have to register and only then they'll let us in.

Thanks.
You have to register to get a pass. You have to have a pass to get in.

post #43 of 216 Old 07-10-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post
You have to register to get a pass. You have to have a pass to get in.
Thanks.
post #44 of 216 Old 07-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I'm on the fence, can't decide if I'm going or not. Several parties scaled back or not happening at all this year. Half the fun of going for me was seeing friends and going to the private parties and private showings. But I would like to see what's new if anything worth seeing with PJ's. If CES was late year instead of early year, I'd wait for that and have some fun in Vegas. But I'm always busy in Jan-Feb so CEDIA timing is better. CO itself should be interesting this year.

post #45 of 216 Old 07-10-2014, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks.
If you use the coupon code in post #1 of this thread, it's free to both CEDIA and many of the non certification training events such as Dolby's 90 minute presentation on that Friday. That's why a lot of us are going... to check out the star of the show: Atmos and all the gadgets and gizmos surrounding its debut.

Last edited by Dan Hitchman; 07-10-2014 at 06:05 PM.
post #46 of 216 Old 07-10-2014, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post
75% of the way last year. Hope for a better trip for you this year.
It was actually further than that if you consider the whole trip from Miami to where I broke down in Texas. Unfortunately if I only make it 75% of the way this time, then it will be a little more catastrophic as I am going to fly.

Quote:
Clarence is the BBQ guy and I think we could get him to cross the river for a meet at my house as well. He does hit the BBQ competition trail quite a bit. I think he is presently revising his recipes and techniques. Its a very tough road to consistently place high in these events.
I think you mean Wallace. Hopefully something comes up. How far are you from those guys?

post #47 of 216 Old 07-10-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
If you use the coupon code in post #1 of this thread, it's free to both CEDIA and many of the non certification training events such as Dolby's 90 minute presentation on that Friday. That's why a lot of us are going... to check out the star of the show: Atmos and all the gadgets and gizmos surrounding its debut.
Great. Just registered.
post #48 of 216 Old 07-11-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Any more news about possible AVS and other parties or if AVS members will get together someplace?
post #49 of 216 Old 07-11-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Ericglo. Right. Its Wallace. I am on the other side of the Potomac River and just about as far out as those guys on the other side. There are very limited crossings. Sos. I am about 1 1/4 hours from them.

If Atmos ends up being billed as the star of the show, I will cancel my planned attendance. I will wait for next year's great audio break through of the year after that.

Mark Haflich

Last edited by mark haflich; 07-11-2014 at 04:43 PM.
post #50 of 216 Old 07-11-2014, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 171
7/11/14 - 3:45pm UPDATE: I heard from Scott W. that he has heard nothing from the new owners of the AVS Forum concerning any plans to set up a party, but he will ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
Any more news about possible AVS and other parties or if AVS members will get together someplace?

We still haven't heard if the AVS Forum, along with an industry sponsor, will organize a party this year or not. In past years such an "official" AVS Forum party was held on Friday evening at a local bar or club, but there is no word yet it this will happen again this year. As I discuss in Post #1 of this thread, I am suggesting the forum members, when registering to attend CEDIA Expo, should also sign up to attend the CEDIA "After Hours Party" being held in the convention center Thursday evening. This is a semi-free (depending on how much want to drink) event but you must sign up for it with CEDIA. My idea is to attempt to get one or two tables for the AVS members and we can exchange info on what is the most interesting HT 'stuff' we have seen during the first day of show (at least the first day where the exhibit floor is open).

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com

Last edited by Ron Jones; 07-11-2014 at 12:51 PM.
post #51 of 216 Old 07-11-2014, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post
7/11/14 - 3:45pm UPDATE: I heard from Scott W. that he has heard nothing from the new owners of the AVS Forum concerning any plans to set up a party, but he will ask.

We still haven't heard if the AVS Forum, along with an industry sponsor, will organize a party this year or not. In past years such an "official" AVS Forum party was held on Friday evening at a local bar or club, but there is no word yet it this will happen again this year. As I discuss in Post #1 of this thread, I am suggesting the forum members, when registering to attend CEDIA Expo, should also sign up to attend the CEDIA "After Hours Party" being held in the convention center Thursday evening. This is a semi-free (depending on how much want to drink) event but you must sign up for it with CEDIA. My idea is to attempt to get one or two tables for the AVS members and we can exchange info on what is the most interesting HT 'stuff' we have seen during the first day of show (at least the first day where the exhibit floor is open).
Lots of places to meet via the 16th Street MallRide if anyone wants to organize a get together. I live in the Denver Metro Area and will gladly help coordinate. It would be nice to have a sponsor and I'm sure there are other active AVS Forum members/businesses in Colorado that would welcome the idea.

Home Theater Setup
Samsung UN65ES8000 LCD/LED
BenQ W1080ST Projector
Pioneer SC65 (Pre-Amp)
Wyred4Sound MMC-7 Channel Amplifier, 221wpc
OPPO 103, Directv GENIE
Darbee Darblet
ALL Paradigm - 7.1 - Studio 60's, V.2 (FL/FR)
CC-690, V.5 (C)
ADP 590 V.5 (SS)
MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub
post #52 of 216 Old 07-11-2014, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 67
We still have a little time. Let's see if AVS will be able to organize a party. We could try to get Monoprice and Oppo and Dolby to possibly sponsor part of the event. They have been sponsors in the past.
post #53 of 216 Old 08-04-2014, 07:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I may be coming.

post #54 of 216 Old 08-09-2014, 09:33 PM

I have registered for the event.

My goal is to just see and experience specific brands - Sony, Procella, JTR, Lumagen etc and of course any new and interesting stuff. I'm planning a media room later this year or early next year so want to see the sony HW55 projector, hear Procella/JTR and other speaker brands.

Is one day good enough to visit all the targeted 5-6 exhibits. I'll be driving from Texas and just want to see all the products at one place before buying.
post #55 of 216 Old 08-09-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have registered for the event.

My goal is to just see and experience specific brands - Sony, Procella, JTR, Lumagen etc and of course any new and interesting stuff. I'm planning a media room later this year or early next year so want to see the sony HW55 projector, hear Procella/JTR and other speaker brands.

Is one day good enough to visit all the targeted 5-6 exhibits. I'll be driving from Texas and just want to see all the products at one place before buying.
I plan to be there Friday and Saturday if everything goes smoothly. Friday I'm signed up for one of the 90 minute Dolby presentations on their updated surround formats and how to design a home theater around them.

post #56 of 216 Old 08-10-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I plan to be there Friday and Saturday if everything goes smoothly. Friday I'm signed up for one of the 90 minute Dolby presentations on their updated surround formats and how to design a home theater around them.
So where do you go to sign up for these Dolby presentations?
post #57 of 216 Old 08-10-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeeler10 View Post
So where do you go to sign up for these Dolby presentations?
When you signed up for the Expo there was an option to add both CEDIA training courses (fee based) and manufacturer courses (free). You then checked off these classes and it was all tallied in your final "bill." If you had an Expo coupon and were just going to the manufacturer held sessions it would all be no charge.

You can still sign in to your account and add these extra events to your schedule. Some of them do fill up, so don't wait.

This particular Dolby presentation was called: Next Generation Audio Formats for the Home Theater

post #58 of 216 Old 08-10-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
When you signed up for the Expo there was an option to add both CEDIA training courses (fee based) and manufacturer courses (free). You then checked off these classes and it was all tallied in your final "bill." If you had an Expo coupon and were just going to the manufacturer held sessions it would all be no charge.

You can still sign in to your account and add these extra events to your schedule. Some of them do fill up, so don't wait.

This particular Dolby presentation was called: Next Generation Audio Formats for the Home Theater
Thanks. I am going as an exhibitor and was registered by my company so I didn't get the chance to see all that. I am going to look into it.
post #59 of 216 Old 08-12-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Quote:
Wow - at least three Dolby related events, counting the 90 minute tutorial on Wednesday, the session at 11:30, and the panel with Dr. Toole, Dolby, Pioneer, and Auro reps speaking and doing Q&A from 12:30 to 2 (apparently the first two I mentioned are already full). I'm going to be in Dr. Toole's tutorial on Friday AM before this - also the other two in his series, since this is my opportunity to get some formal training. Hope there's some other AVSers doing some of the training classes as well.

Stuart

Denon 4311 with XT32 and Audyssey Pro

Oppo 93 and 103

Panasonic VT50

Sherwood R-972 with its version of the Trinnov Optimizer

MiniDSP 10x10 HD

PSB Imagine T2, Center, and Surrounds (as of 5/2014); HSU ULS-15 subs (2)

The Audyssey FAQ Guide can be found here:

Last edited by sdrucker; 08-12-2014 at 04:18 PM.
post #60 of 216 Old 08-14-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Send a message via AIM to Rayjr Send a message via Yahoo to Rayjr Send a message via Skype™ to Rayjr
Just booked my flight....see you guys at CEDIA

RayJr

"
"

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page