Best mount location for JVC X55R - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Best mount location for JVC X55R

I recently purchased a X55R and would like to mount it soon as I have it sitting on a box on a sofa table behind the sectional. My room is 22' deep, 9' ceiling, and 139" 2.39 DIY flexi-white 1.1 gain screen. I am planning on building a soffit around the room at around 10" or 12" by 24" or 30". I am going back and forth on ceiling mount or shelf mount and what range would be better. I see the projectorcentral calc says between 15' and 30'. At 15' it is obviously brighter at 21fL according to the calc. At 20' looking around 16 fL. Oh yeah top of screen is 18" from ceiling now. What would you all do?? Thanks!

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 08:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchambers_18 View Post
I recently purchased a X55R and would like to mount it soon as I have it sitting on a box on a sofa table behind the sectional. My room is 22' deep, 9' ceiling, and 139" 2.39 DIY flexi-white 1.1 gain screen. I am planning on building a soffit around the room at around 10" or 12" by 24" or 30". I am going back and forth on ceiling mount or shelf mount and what range would be better. I see the projectorcentral calc says between 15' and 30'. At 15' it is obviously brighter at 21fL according to the calc. At 20' looking around 16 fL. Oh yeah top of screen is 18" from ceiling now. What would you all do?? Thanks!

James
That calculator is way off for the JVC. You will not get that bright of an image. I would mount toward the short end of the throw range. I am assuming you are talking 139" diagonal screen, not width.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brands we sell: 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon & many more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Yes 139" diag 2.39 screen. I am kind of guesstimating the size because I added more on each side for black borders to cover but have not done that yet and the way i am going to do it will take a little away from the top and bottom but not the sides as I still have a little black bar at top and bottom. Right now it is 144". I want to get the best image quality I can get and still possibly run a 3d movie every now and then. So you would stick with around 15'? If the calc is wrong I wonder if i could move it even closer than that? Thanks for the reply Mike!
post #4 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 10:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Yes 139" diag 2.39 screen. I am kind of guesstimating the size because I added more on each side for black borders to cover but have not done that yet and the way i am going to do it will take a little away from the top and bottom but not the sides as I still have a little black bar at top and bottom. Right now it is 144". I want to get the best image quality I can get and still possibly run a 3d movie every now and then. So you would stick with around 15'? If the calc is wrong I wonder if i could move it even closer than that? Thanks for the reply Mike!
You will not have good brightness on a scope 3D movie and I would place the projector a few inches short of minimum throw range.

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

You mean shorter than the calc minimum distance? So the minimum says 14' 11". Are you saying go short of that and see if it still fills the screen?
post #6 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 10:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
You mean shorter than the calc minimum distance? So the minimum says 14' 11". Are you saying go short of that and see if it still fills the screen?
No, I am saying to use a throw a few inches longer than the minimum. Sorry, my wording was not clear.

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

post #7 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

Gotcha! Thanks again for the assitance. Do you think a 3d movie will be watchable at that distance or should i not even worry with a 3d blue ray and glasses?
post #8 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Gotcha! Thanks again for the assitance. Do you think a 3d movie will be watchable at that distance or should i not even worry with a 3d blue ray and glasses?
By most people's standards, you will not have enough brightness for good 3D, when watching scope 3D.

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

post #9 of 10 Old 07-28-2014, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Well then I wont bother with buying a new 3d Blue ray and glasses. My 2 year old samsung will do for now. Thanks again!
post #10 of 10 Old 07-29-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Well then I wont bother with buying a new 3d Blue ray and glasses. My 2 year old samsung will do for now. Thanks again!
Keep in mind, most 3D movies are 16:9, not scope. You will be fine for those, just not the scope movies.

Email Me:

Brands we sell: 

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page