Can't decide which projector to get - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-03-2014, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can't decide which projector to get

First off, thanks to everyone on this site for all the great information. I have been researching this for 6 months and still can't decide on a projector.

We have a dedicated theater room 18x28 and the seats are 10 to 24 feet from the screen. We will use this for a lot of TV, but also for movies. The room has no windows, but we plan to use it a lot with some lights on. I like the concept of CIH, and think I will go with a 133" 2.35 Black Diamond screen.

Budget is around $5k for the projector and I am trying to get a good picture for the large screen, good lamp for viewing with lights on and lens memory for zooming between formats.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-03-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLyn View Post
First off, thanks to everyone on this site for all the great information. I have been researching this for 6 months and still can't decide on a projector.

We have a dedicated theater room 18x28 and the seats are 10 to 24 feet from the screen. We will use this for a lot of TV, but also for movies. The room has no windows, but we plan to use it a lot with some lights on. I like the concept of CIH, and think I will go with a 133" 2.35 Black Diamond screen.

Budget is around $5k for the projector and I am trying to get a good picture for the large screen, good lamp for viewing with lights on and lens memory for zooming between formats.

If planning on going with CIH using lens memory, then your choices are really limited to the JVC line with that budget. If also buying a video Processor like the Lumagen, then you would be able to look at Sony and Epson. Another option would be to use an A-lens like the CineVista. All of these options are available to you at your price point. Give us a call and we can go over the advantages and disadvantages of each method.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #3 of 5 Old 08-03-2014, 07:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLyn View Post

If planning on going with CIH using lens memory, then your choices are really limited to the JVC line with that budget. If also buying a video Processor like the Lumagen, then you would be able to look at Sony and Epson. Another option would be to use an A-lens like the CineVista. All of these options are available to you at your price point. Give us a call and we can go over the advantages and disadvantages of each method, along with pricing.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Marantz & Yamaha .
post #4 of 5 Old 08-03-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 432
I highly recommend giving Mike a call. He's helped me out tremendously on my set-up.

post #5 of 5 Old 08-23-2014, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
I highly recommend giving Mike a call. He's helped me out tremendously on my set-up.
I called him, thanks for the advice. He was great, very helpful!
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page