Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 09-01-2014, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Questions for Cedia Attendees about the New Sim2 Projectors

Just like last year, I am starting threads for each brand of projectors shown at Cedia this year that You would like answers from attendees such as the AV Science sales staff, the AV Science forum staff, press, and forum members attending Cedia this year. If you post an appropriate (see below) question or questions, I will include them (with any appropriate substantive edits etc) in the following post to make accessing them for answer easier and to ensure none get overlooked.

The Expo show floor opens at 10AM mountain time on Thursday the 11th. Please do not ask where is my answer on Weds night. Please do not ask where is my answer at all. Attendees need time to see the show, meet with various manufacturers, and enjoy the parties and Denver. When questions are answered, I will post the post number(s) of the answer(s) next to the questions in my questions post (No. 2). Please understand that projector demos are under show conditions. Ambient noise levels are high, lighting and room reflectivity conditions may not be ideal etc and content is controlled. Manufactures do not conduct sales demos where the potential buyers can ask can we play scene X from Gravity for example. A/Bs to previous models are impossible. Questions such as can you notice the improvement in on/off from 40,000 to 45,000 simply can't be answered based on a show viewing. Ditto about the noise improvement from say 23 db to 21 db or the noise level from a moving iris. Can you please check zebra striping improvement this year? I will reject any such question. I will post questions you want a manufacture to answer for presentation by attendees and all appropriate observational questions for attendees.

I am doing this because I am not attending the show and it needs to be done. My only compensation is the likes you give me if you should be so moved.

Request to moderators, would you please make this and the threads for the other brands of projectors a sticky?

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-01-2014, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 465
reserved

Mark Haflich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

call me at: 240 876 2536
post #3 of 7 Old 09-11-2014, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
New SIM2 models

So I found this early press release:
http://www.sys-con.com/node/3180369

Nero 3 - apparently being shown and it is LED driven. If anyone has a chance to check it out would be interested in the lumens or perceived brightness compared to other LED offerings

SIS - immersive display (?) system sounds pretty interesting. At 10000 lumens I am guessing this is not cheap but would be interested in the technology used or how this is setup.

post #4 of 7 Old 09-11-2014, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieledmunds View Post
So I found this early press release:
http://www.sys-con.com/node/3180369

Nero 3 - apparently being shown and it is LED driven. If anyone has a chance to check it out would be interested in the lumens or perceived brightness compared to other LED offerings.
I may be wrong but I think the article was referring to the M.150s, although it doesn't say so. I'd sure be surprised if the Nero also had a LED light source. Maybe someone at the show can confirm either way.

My question has been answered so I have another couple of questions:

1) Is the LED Nero 3D ready?

2) Pricing (Yes, I know -- if you have to ask you can't afford it).

Last edited by Deja Vu; 09-12-2014 at 09:12 AM.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
There are some details up on the SIM2 website now. All under the '20th- section.

The Lumis 20th - specs looks pretty similar to older models. Contrast >10,000:1. 3000 lumens. Not as high as the current Lumis offerings, might this be the new 'entry level' Lumis? Anyone got any idea of price?

Nero 3 - no tech specs as yet but description reads:"NERO 20th is a lifestyle product designed for today’s lifestyle. LED is the source of illumination (LED lifetime around 20,000 hours), DLP the image technology. This combination ensures that images are bright, sharp and beautifully realistic. With a specification list that reads: 1,200 lumens of light output (the equivalet of 1,800 lumens on lamp-based projectors), a 30,000:1 contrast ratio and a color gamut 135% that of the NTSC TV standard, this is an impressive projector. Connecting your favorite video sources is simple; thanks to the wide choice of inputs that includes two HDMI 1.4 sockets. Easily integrated into any interior design and delivering SIM2-quality picture performance, NERO 20th will enhance your home entertainment experience."

Seems to be fairly bright, anyone got any impressions from CEDIA? Price?

Then of course theres the Cube 20th which has unsurprisingly vague details.

post #6 of 7 Old 09-13-2014, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Nero 3 is 0,65" dmd and should be around 10.000 euros
post #7 of 7 Old 09-13-2014, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Was hoping for a.95 dmd.

So they have-

The Sim2 M120 LED .95
The Sim2 M150s LED .95
The Nero 3 LED .65

Wonder the other differences are between the M120 and the Nero3?
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page