Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-15-2014, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Calling all JVC DLA-RS2 (or Pioneer Pro-FPJ-1) Users

Hi All,

I am right in the midst of acquiring a JVC DLA-RS2 projector from the Original Owner who has put 130 hours on the original bulb.

For those that have this projector, or have used it in the past, I wanted to know whether you think it would be bright enough for a 128" (16:9) image on a Carada Brilliant White screen (which I believe will have a gain of 1.4) from a 12'6" throw distance.

Per Art Feierman, the projector looks best in "Cinema" mode in which it is expected to produce 537 lumens (with the zoom lens in the middle of its range - whereas my setup would require the lens set to 100% wide). Per ProjectorCentral review, the RS2 delivered 450 lumens in an optimized mode.

Based on Art Feierman projector calculator:
Assuming 1.4 Screen Gain, 126" screen (16:9) and 450 lumes, Image luminance is expected to be 13.4 Ft. Lamberts.
Assuming 1.4 Screen Gain, 126" screen (16:9), and 537 lumes, Image luminance is expected to be 16.0 Ft. Lamberts.

So, although I have already done some research, I would love some user feedback.

This will be strictly (100%) for night time movie watching only. Below is a picture of my room. The front tv will be removed, the TV wall and ceiling will be painted black and the floor will be covered with area rug (the remaining walls will remain as is for now).

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page