Help with SONY HW55ES losing signal - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-26-2014, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help with SONY HW55ES losing signal

I have a two week old VPL-HW55ES fed via HDMI from a Pioneer VSX-44 receiver. Intermittently the projector loses signal for a second and then comes right back. This is seen from any input source hooked up to the projector. I am running out of options in troubleshooting, looking for some suggestions on things to try. It is not constant, sometimes you can complete an entire movie with out it happening, sometimes it happens 10 times in 15 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 07:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3246 Post(s)
Liked: 1942
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzer12 View Post
I have a two week old VPL-HW55ES fed via HDMI from a Pioneer VSX-44 receiver. Intermittently the projector loses signal for a second and then comes right back. This is seen from any input source hooked up to the projector. I am running out of options in troubleshooting, looking for some suggestions on things to try. It is not constant, sometimes you can complete an entire movie with out it happening, sometimes it happens 10 times in 15 minutes.
Link to exact HDMI cable being used?

AV Science Sales, 585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
Sony, JVC, Epson, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Triad, Atlantic Tech, M&K, RBH, SVS, Polk, Stewart, Seymour, Falcon, DNP, SI, Screen Excellence, Carada & more.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Couldn't tell you, It is a cheaper 10meter cable I already had. Worked fine in the past, why would the cable cause an intermittent issue like this?
Old 11-26-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3246 Post(s)
Liked: 1942
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzer12 View Post
Couldn't tell you, It is a cheaper 10meter cable I already had. Worked fine in the past, why would the cable cause an intermittent issue like this?
What projector was it used with in the past? As a test, take a source device, like a BD player and connect it direct to the projector using a short HDMI cable and see if it works like that.

AV Science Sales, 585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
Sony, JVC, Epson, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Triad, Atlantic Tech, M&K, RBH, SVS, Polk, Stewart, Seymour, Falcon, DNP, SI, Screen Excellence, Carada & more.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I Have the same receiver, bought it Monday. Mine does the same thing, totally random. Also, I have tried multiple hdmi cables of different brands and all the inputs on the receiver. Still happens with no rhyme or reason. I read online people resolved similar issues by unplugging the receiver for 10 seconds then plugging the receiver back in. Haven't tried that yet, however if I can't get some resolution, I'll be returning it. Another issue I've noticed is that the hdmi pass through won't work if the receiver has been off for a while. In other words if it's not used over night, in the morning I have to turn the reducer on, then off again for the pass through to work. Not sure if that's a setting or by design, but annoying none the less.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jonzer, I took mine back. Sales guy said issues sounded like a defective hdmi board or so,etching along those lines. Definitely not how it should be. I got scared and switched to a Denon Avr-x1100w and love it. Not sure if you're committed to the Pioneer Elite series, but if not I would consider the 1100. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Client I put this in for has been out of country for the past month. I am going to swap the HDMI cable to the projector and put a bit more time into troubleshooting.
If that doesn't do it, its going back. Thanks for the tips!
Old 01-12-2015, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Client I put this in for has been out of country for the past month. I am going to swap the HDMI cable to the projector and put a bit more time into troubleshooting as soon as they are back.
If that doesn't do it, its going back. Thanks for the tips!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement