Sony 55ES low profile ceiling mount - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 03-20-2015, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
txmxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sony 55ES low profile ceiling mount

I have a cheap (meaning lacks precise adjustment) ceiling mount and I need to get a good one for a Sony 55ES. I'm sold on going with Chief or Peerless (unless there is something more dialed in). The ceilings are 8', and the screen is at 7'8" so my goal is to get the projector as close to the ceiling as possible.

Is there a go to on this? The RPMAU? The peerless appears to be a bit lower from the ceiling?

thanks
txmxer is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 03-21-2015, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I use the Peerless PRG UNV - good mount, and $100 shipped through Amazon.

Used it with my 55 and now with my 500ES.
Skrill is online now  
post #3 of 6 Old 04-07-2015, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
txmxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, I used the Peerless PRG universal mount.

I really like the adjustability. The screw adjustment is excellent. But, after I get the projector set perfectly, I start to make adjustments to the projector--screen size and focus. The projector wobbles and the perfect alignment is gone.

Any thoughts?

I adjusted the projector where I want it for the most part. Right now, there is an inch of white space on the sides and top of the screen. The bottom is zero'd in on the border. Basically, I'm giving up that fraction at this time since I don't have a fixed screen. I suppose I could go back and tweak it a little, but, if I start moving the manual focus, I know it will affect the alignment.
txmxer is online now  
post #4 of 6 Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 9,715
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1396 Post(s)
Liked: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
I have a cheap (meaning lacks precise adjustment) ceiling mount and I need to get a good one for a Sony 55ES. I'm sold on going with Chief or Peerless (unless there is something more dialed in). The ceilings are 8', and the screen is at 7'8" so my goal is to get the projector as close to the ceiling as possible.

Is there a go to on this? The RPMAU? The peerless appears to be a bit lower from the ceiling?

thanks
I would use the RPA020. Has the custom plate and holds the projector a little firmer than the RPAU. If we can help you, give us a call.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Sony, JVC, Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI, Falcon, DNP & more.
RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Tech., MK Sound, SVS & Def Tech, Denon, Pioneer, Marantz & Yamaha .
AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #5 of 6 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
Skrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Vienna, VA
Posts: 684
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post
So, I used the Peerless PRG universal mount.

I really like the adjustability. The screw adjustment is excellent. But, after I get the projector set perfectly, I start to make adjustments to the projector--screen size and focus. The projector wobbles and the perfect alignment is gone.

Any thoughts?

I adjusted the projector where I want it for the most part. Right now, there is an inch of white space on the sides and top of the screen. The bottom is zero'd in on the border. Basically, I'm giving up that fraction at this time since I don't have a fixed screen. I suppose I could go back and tweak it a little, but, if I start moving the manual focus, I know it will affect the alignment.
I never really had this problem -- I would get the PJ right with the screws and all. Then get the lens shift and focus right. If things were a bit off -- I could fix it with just manual adjustment of the PJ at the end (i.e., a nudge or two).

Do you have the adjustment allen screws fully torqued down? I found that he needed to be quite snug. I have certainly had no issues with the Peerless mount - and am using it with my 500ES now.
Skrill is online now  
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
txmxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrill View Post
I never really had this problem -- I would get the PJ right with the screws and all. Then get the lens shift and focus right. If things were a bit off -- I could fix it with just manual adjustment of the PJ at the end (i.e., a nudge or two).

Do you have the adjustment allen screws fully torqued down? I found that he needed to be quite snug. I have certainly had no issues with the Peerless mount - and am using it with my 500ES now.
Thanks, I'll double check it.
txmxer is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off