Pixels on VW10HT Projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-17-2001, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I received my Sony VW10HT yesterday and when I powered up I noticed a blue dot to the right of the image being projected that seems to be there regardless of any input. I spoke to the people I bought the machine from and they said that it is caused by a bad pixel and it is common to have some of these out in every LCD projector. Also they stated that it is very rare to find a projector that has the perfect LCD panel (no pixels out).

They have offered to replace it however she said that I may end up with a projector that has more then one blue dot.

Is this common and has anyone out there seen this on there Sony VW10HT?

Bally

------------------
Bally Lakh
California, USA

Bally
California, USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-17-2001, 01:43 PM

Dead pixels are, indeed, a fact of life with most LCD projectors. If the pixels bother you in the course of normal viewing, return or exchange the projector. From a normal viewing distance, one dead pixel (particularly blue -- green are more visible) shouldn't bother you on a 10HT. But if it does, swap it out.

Perfect LCD panels do exist -- but beware, there are far worse problems out there than dead pixels. If this is a good unit that operates well under normal conditions, I'd keep it.

FWIW, I have two dead pixels (one blue, one green) on my 10HT. I only notice them when I mute the picture and stand right next to the screen. Under normal conditions, I never see them.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-17-2001, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

I received a 10ht with a dead blue pixel. I called my vendor and asked them to replace the unit and to please pre screen it for defeats. They agreed and I now have 0 dead pixels and an excellent picture. If you are dealing with a reputable vendor I think that they should do that for you rather than try to scare you with fud (fear uncertainty and doubt). If they do not satisfy your needs find a different vendor. I used medicalvideosystems.com and found them to be excellent to work with.

Regards,

Brian
Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page