having trouble switching from HTPC-DTC100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-23-2001, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been using HTPC for a few months now and am very pleased with the results(GeForce,windvd) the problem I have found is that I just rehooked my RCA High Def receiver and the picture is about 1/2 inch higher on the HT than on the receiver. It is hooked to dila and is ceiling mounted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-24-2001, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is all of this 16x9?

If you put up a blue (no input) D-ILA screen using each input (dtc100 and HTPC) the top of the projected image should not change. Dilard will allow you to move the image on the D-ILA LCD panels and in so doing keep the tops of the images on the screen at the same location. dilard.com

Sony G90-->D-ILA--> LCD-->Vango LED DLP
post #3 of 5 Old 04-24-2001, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm sure this probably does this on everybodys system. But we just don't notice a 1/2 inch difference because we overscan the image on the screen by about an inch.

------------------
Tryg Hoff

Screen Reviews

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old 04-24-2001, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The reason I notice this is because my valance is about one foot out from the screen and when coupled with the angle of the projector anything that spills off the black border of my screen shows up on the dark grey valance. It is very noticeable. I guess I will have to open up my hush box and aim the projector a little lower. It is easy to fill up the screen with the zoom function when watching a DVD. So I will get it perfectly aligned for Sat and manipulate for DVD. If there is another option I would love to hear it.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-25-2001, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Martin,

Can't you just use your H Pos on the DILA to set the image a little lower for your DTC?

H and V POS are source specific, so when you switch back and forth from DTC to HTPC, the image positioning will be where you last had it for that source.

Chris

My Home Theater is a work in progress.
Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page