Discrete IR codes for G11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-24-2001, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I saw some links in the DILA FAQ that implied this topic has been covered in earlier posts, but the link doesn't work. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

If anybody has kept track of the related information, could you please post. I'm using a Pronto and although I've got most of the basic features of the remote working I'd really like to get a hold of any discrete codes for Power, Source, and Aspect ratio. I posted in the Pronto forum at RemoteCentral, but no luck.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-24-2001, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member

jhill32-
There are many commands that aren't supported by the IR codes at all. Another good alternative is to purchase Dilard (http://www.dilard.com/)

It comes with a complete set of G11 commands via the serial port, which are mapped to included Pronto ccf files using an Airboard IR Keyboard. This may be overkill for you, but provides the most complete solution available.

ken
post #3 of 7 Old 04-24-2001, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ken is being modest here...

Ken created the original Pronto .ccf and Dilard .dld file that allow complete automation of D-ILA projectors from a Pronto and an HTPC. His work on this was excellent, and he did it simply as a fan of the Pronto/HTPC/D-ILA combination.

In fact, the screen shots of the Pronto .ccf file that now ships with Dilard is actually Ken's original handiwork:

http://www.dilard.com/images/screenshots/pronto.gif

Mark Hunter
Technical Director, Home Theater Products
Datacolor, Inc.
post #4 of 7 Old 04-24-2001, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey Mark,

A quick question. jhill32 may be interested in this too.

I'm painstakingly in the process of setting up my new Pronto. There are certain things I haven't been able to get quite right yet. Rather than go into detail about that though, I'll just ask: does the ccf. file that controls the projector get it's signal through the Airboard IR receiver, or the IRman receiver? I have a Webboard IR, which I know is not the same(thus perhaps my problem)as the Airboard. Do you HAVE to have the IRman to work with the Dilard(or any)ccf.s in some cases?

BTW, I know you guys use the WinDVD player in your macros, but I prefer PDVD. I'm making a macro in Dilard and ProntoEdit that uses the PDVD player AND starts the movie automatically without using "disc insert" to start the movie.

Chris

My Home Theater is a work in progress.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-25-2001, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Chris,

If you use a different wireless keyboard, the Pronto will need to be re-taught. The easiest way is to maximize Dilard (or make it quite large) to show the "Pronto-Airboard.dld" Dilard file and all of the keystrokes that Ken made.

Then teach those keystrokes to the Pronto from *your* wireless keyboard (whatever it may be). Nothing will need to change on the Dilard end, unless you wish to add more Directives to the list.

Using PowerDVD instead of WinDVD should be an easy swap. Replace the path to WinDVD in the "PlayMovie" macro, and change the WinDVD caption to PowerDVD in the "CloseApps" macro. In fact, change the caption to just:

"DVD"

in the "CloseApps" macro. Since this uses the title of a window to determine what to close, "DVD" will work for WinDVD, PowerDVD and the Microsoft DVDPlay program (but not Cinemaster). Anyway, that will make it less likely that you will ever need to change that macro again.

Mark Hunter
Technical Director, Home Theater Products
Datacolor, Inc.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-25-2001, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, guys. I realize that Dilard and the RS232 port is probably the "best" way to do automation, but since I don't use an HTPC (do I really want to say that out loud, here, in front of my friends) http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif it becomes much more complicated than I need right now.

I have actually created Pronto macros for things like aspect ratio, but it takes about 20 IR codes (MENU, ARROW DOWN, ARROW DOWN,...) with a quarter-second delay between them to make it work. And I don't have to tell you what happens if you move the remote and one of the codes gets missed http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/eek.gif

I've had very little response on this subject which leads me to believe that maybe the discrete IR codes simply don't exist. Although I could try generating all possible codes for the device, I'm a little nervous about randomnly setting something I can't undo.

Anyway, if anyone does have any discrete IR codes for the projector itself, let me know. Otherwise, I may be forced to setup an HTPC...

post #7 of 7 Old 04-25-2001, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

For your own ease of use a IRMan (or UIR IR4PC unit etc) is a great investment you wont have key conflicts between apps etc... I use IR to control my whole HTPC and used all of the complex workarounds until I get an IRMan....

Great bang for buck...

------------------
PhatPhreddy@Bigfoot.com
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

[This message has been edited by Phat Phreddy (edited 04-25-2001).]
Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page