Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #31 of 32 Old 04-29-2001, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Forgot to mention - one of my projectors is SVGA and the other is XGA. Steve Dodds thinks that hot whites causes at least some of the problem. The LT150 allows one to click off the "white segment" and reduce the emphasis on whites. Dave Wallis - was the "white segment" clicked off when you saw the rainbow artifact? Factory setup has the white segment set to ON. Where you using a HTPC, and if so, what was it (how powerful, what processor etc.)?

I have an experimental pshchology background and I would really like to try and do some simple experiments to see if there are some solutions or partial solutions to this problem. I think there may be some fairly simple ones, but it will take some work and co-operation.

Cheers,

Grant Smyth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 04-29-2001, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Grant Smyth,

This is from a previous post of mine:

I believe there are at least five major components which come into play with the rainbows which may explain some of the randomness:

1. An individuals sensitivity
2. Implementation of a clear section
3. Speed of the wheel (i.e. HTPC sourcing)and/or number of segments
4. Gain of the screen
5. Strobing of lamp thru segments (particularly clear) and/or mirror strobing as a sensitizing element

I think #5 has not been explored enough and also deserves some attention. Greater combinations of the above would seem to increase the odds of one having a rainbow problem.

It is also possible that the wheel sync timing adjustment may play into the rainbow mix as described above. This aspect will also need to be studied more to see if there is any relationship.

Thumper

Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page