Da-Lite HC & Sanyo 21N *Report* - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2001, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just finished a test of several Da-Lite samples against my Sherwin Williams Luminous white wall. I Have a Sanyo 21N. I watched scenes from U-571, The English Patient and Galaxy Quest.

First of all the Price performance winner is the Painted wall!
I can say that it is most like the unsupported Da-Mat material in all aspects. So that is a good baseline.

The HC material was very intriguing. I really do not know what to think of it. It performed very well on scences where there was black backround, almost as if someone stripped away a whitish membrane to get to the blacks! During the surface/daylight scenes in U571, the blue sky took on a grey. My wife made the comment that it appeared like it was going to rain any minute. There were scenes when the crew was at attention wearing their Navy whites but the guys that were standing where the Da-Mat HC screen was were wearing darker whites. I did not change the projector settings to determine if the white level could be pushed up to compensate.

One interesting observation of the HC screen was its performance with ambient light. This material does not wash out as quickly as any of the white screens when ambient light level were raised.

The Plain ole Matte white material did well except it looked a little blue to me...

Thats my report!!!

Through man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world...

- Saint Arnoldus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-29-2001, 07:35 PM

Thanks for the report, I am interested in the Da-Lite HC material.

Can you compare Da-Lite HC to a grey wall? I am wondering what might be the difference between a grey wall and a grey screen since the Da-mate screen looks almost the same as a whilte wall ...

Tzung-I
post #3 of 3 Old 04-30-2001, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

I do not have a gray wall available. It would be great if someone painted a small piece of sheet-rock with a gray finish or some KBK goo. Then that comparison could be made.

Through man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world...

- Saint Arnoldus
Closed Thread Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page